Volunteer hours

1. ur cunt
2. volunteer hours you did in school
3. where you did it
4. what did you learn

I did 200 hours at a community outreach helping kids with homework and playing basketball. I had a co-volunteer who was from afghanistan and one from china. The Chinese guy taught me how to play Magic: The Gathering and the Afghani guy would tell me stories about the Taliban. He said the Tali gunned down his brother one day while he was riding his bike.

I don't think I learned much, but it was kinda like my first job since I went everyday for a few months. I also got recognized by the government and my school which helped me get into my program in University.

oh and also the mandatory hours in my province are 40 but I did 200 to get the special recognition.

and also it gave me something to do after school.

Did some handy work at the local library but mostly did my hours by volunteering as a ride operator at a local fair (small town, all volunteers) and assistant coaching a babby league soccer team.

I learned that I fucking hate children

Ran the sound things at a community theatre

Is mandatory volunteer work to graduate high school a common thing in other countries?

I heard there are people volunteering to delete threads on the Sup Forums.org imageboard.

They made us to do some hours of volunteers in school schedule but you needed to do volunteers on your own, which you'll have to do in vacation. There are mandatory 16 hours of individual volunteers each year.
Since most students are busy with studying alone some parents do the volunteer for their kids. What's fucking retarded that you're recommended to do work that is somehow related to your desired major in university.

I didn't have to do any hours to graduate high school, but when I started college we had to do like 20 at the beginning of the year.
Since I had no requirement to do volunteer hours, any time I spent volunteering I didn't keep in a log book. I did Habitat for Humanity in high school (most active high school chapter in the US), plenty of soup kitchens and food drives.

>volunteer hours
never heard of.

>volunteer hours
What is this?
What's the point of doing those? Do they help you graduate or something?

That can't be volunteer work. Surely no one would spend their time doing something so tedious for free?

>1. ur cunt
Canada
>2. volunteer hours you did in school
None
>3. where you did it
None, you need 40 hours done to graduate highschool but you can just lie about it.
>4. what did you learn
I learned that hard work is never worth it and there's always a way to trick the system and do things easier than the "regular way".

While some retards exchanged their time FOR FREE I got to enjoy doing things I like

I never had to volunteer but I'm helping taking care of some bunnies now. I'm enjoying it.

flag

got 75 "hours" sitting in an "environmental group" for what amounted to at most 20 hours but then waited a few months to get them to sign the form so they forgot how many hours i was there

learned nothing

1. ur cunt
>Ireland
2. volunteer hours you did in school
>0
3. where you did it
>Nowhere
4. what did you learn
>Nothing

I even did the optional year you can take here to grow and do shit like that.
Everyone but me did some sort of extra circular activity like sport or volunteering.
I was the only one who did nothing, at the end of the year they hand out rewards, everyone but me got more than 1, I got 1 for being there.

I don't regret it.

it's to encourage a sense of civic duty and citizenship.

>it's to encourage a sense of civic duty and citizenship.

More like performing labor for free to benefit some Jews

shit is fucked up, just lie on your damn thing man. They never check

>volunteer hours

i liked doing volunteer work though. honestly if i didn't do it I'd probably have stayed at home and played video games. atleast I got to meet a bunch of interesting people and learn what it's like to have basically a part time job.

actually learning how to balance school and a part-time volunteer job helped me balance university and an actual part-time job so I didn't exit uni deep in debt even though I was a humanities major.

>I enjoy working for free

So you don't value your time or skills? Or do you just not have any?

When you don't get paid for your efforts you're basically being told "Thank you for spending your time, but it's not worth anything so we won't pay you even a dollar for it"

but i don't mind working for free if it makes me happy and teaches me life lessons. i like to think the recognition i got volunteering helped me get my current job in LINC, or atleast helped me learn how to work and manage immigrants.

i don't see it as like people not wanting to pay their workers. while i'm sure there are scumbags out there who do treat volunteer work like that, i always worked for non-profits. just trying to make our country a better place and stuff.

>atleast helped me learn how to work and manage immigrants

Can you manage them going straight into a gas chamber effectively? I might be willing to hire you if so.

Yeah at my all boys school i had to do meals on wheels, basically delivering food to old and poor people. It was a catholic school too so we did some stuff for the church like food and blanket vans for the homeless, gardening with the priest around the church and school. Dunno how many hours we end up doing but we all got certificates for it aside from the gardening and other stuff with did with the clergy.

i guess at the time i didn't think i learned much from it, to me it was just a waste of time, now that im older i realized how important it is to do volunteer work for the community, and nowadays i volunteer occasionally for local food banks and charities, i also realized it puts me in good stead at my full time job and ive also been officially recognized by the state and my local MP for it