Ok so I just built this now what do I power it with...

Ok so I just built this now what do I power it with? It says 9-18 volt DC on the internet but it has a fucking ground too?
Also which polarity does my led go in. {Bottom left}

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Isolated-Power-Module-DC-DC-Converter-Input-10-8V-13-2V-Double-Output-12V-2W-/401303922012?hash=item5d6f93e55c:g:M2YAAOSwAANY5bBD
aliexpress.com/item/DIY-Kit-The-Classic-47-Amp-Suite-Headset-Power-Amplifier-PCB-Circuit-Board-Spare-parts/32803584761.html?traffic_analysisId=recommend_3035_null_null_null&scm=1007.13338.81646.000000000000000&pvid=006c752e-3d35-4024-b3ba-8a2fca7cd47a&tpp=1
electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/15383/dc-dc-isolated-supplies-in-series-for-higher-voltage
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1. Why does that even exist
2. Why did you build it
3. How did you know how to build it but not have any idea how to power it?

Please tell me those aren't LM386 ICs

p = positive you complete retard.

9cax3hm ne5532p

That's supposed to be a p?

>but it has a fucking ground too?

That's only to ground it a metal case to limit noise.

Oh ok. So I should ground to my car even if the 12 volt supply will go there too?

The ground on the power connector should already be connected to any other grounds. Don't worry about it unless you're putting the amp in a metal case.

Could you post the other side of the amplifier pls?

Also, there is a + near one of the holes for the LED. You stick the long leg through that hole. On amplifiers and most audio equipment, the ground isn't actually an earth ground. You'd connect the ground to a metal case, if you were using one.

This board requires a bipolar (dual voltage) power supply. Think of it as two 9-18V supplies in series. Ground is the connection between the two supplies. Google it, nigger.

>It says 9-18 volt DC on the internet but it has a fucking ground too?
Kill. Yourself.

If you built it shouldnt you know all of this already?

Long leg to voltage, short leg to ground. Another way to remember it is that cathode goes to ground and the anode is to voltage.

yes I know that, I meant on the board.
nope it's called learning
DC doesn't have ground

thank you comrade
you want to see my soldering?
there's no + it looks like a T that's why I was confused
someone said it's supposed to be a p

let me take a better pic but I gotta get my camera

So how do I make a bipolar PSU in my car

OP, you see that blue thing with screws behind the big capacitors? That's where your power should go, you unscrew it, put the cable on the hole and screw it back. I like applying a bit of solder to the tip of the cable to make it a little more firm, but that's up to you.
From the pic I can see right one is Vcc, left one is probably Vdd, dunno about middle one, is there anything written near it?

To be this retarded must be a skill in its own OP. Honestly how can you not know these things of you built that shit. This must be what being a code monkey would feel like. 0 brains or logic, just blindly following one step after another

>idk what I'm talking about or looking at: the post
middle is the ground you should have a bipolar psu connected so if using batteries:
battery1 connects to vcc+ and ground -
vcc+ has 12volt
ground has - negative

battery2 connects to ground+ and vdd-
ground has + 12 volt
vdd- has - negative

so you essentially are doing a series but in the ground itself
idk why but that is my research

works britty gud too

The only way to create a dual supply from a single DC supply is by using a DC-DC converter. I mean you can do it by other methods, but you will only end up with a dual 6V supply, not dual 9-18V.

This is the cheapest option and 2W should be plenty for this application...

ebay.com/itm/Isolated-Power-Module-DC-DC-Converter-Input-10-8V-13-2V-Double-Output-12V-2W-/401303922012?hash=item5d6f93e55c:g:M2YAAOSwAANY5bBD

Of course DC has a ground you idiot. What else would the voltage be relative to? +9V means 9V higher than ground.
Lrn2basicelectronics before attempting to correct others.

DC goes to negative -> positive you stupid fuck. there is no ground.

Voltage goes from positive to ground, or ground to negative, and it's equivalent to a voltage of zero. That's why DMMs have a red voltage lead and a black ground lead. Seriously you shouldn't mess with electricity if you can't get even the most basic principles behind voltage, you'll end up dead.

I tried to use two buck converters and one started to smoke I figured it was the as two power supplies but I guess I thought wrong

that's a cool device though thanks. so with that I can connect the outputs in series as it suggests? and that won't short it?

aliexpress.com/item/DIY-Kit-The-Classic-47-Amp-Suite-Headset-Power-Amplifier-PCB-Circuit-Board-Spare-parts/32803584761.html?traffic_analysisId=recommend_3035_null_null_null&scm=1007.13338.81646.000000000000000&pvid=006c752e-3d35-4024-b3ba-8a2fca7cd47a&tpp=1

I found that kit which is similar to what I have, except mine had different resistors next to the ICs
but it is basically saying it's two connections in series
no it doesn't.
AC goes from load to ground
DC goes from negative to positive

>he thinks DC goes from positive to negative
hahahahaha

>which polarity does my led go in
>literally a fucking ground symbol on one of the pins
Christ.

that isn't a ground symbol as there are no grounds in DC
also that was the positive side of the LED.

LOL
does it feel bad being this stupid ??
HE THINKS IT WAS OBVIOUS AND HE WAS WRONG HAHAHAHA

Not that user, but there's the difference between physical and electrical (theory only) connection.

Electricians learn positive to negative even though electrons are negatively charged and 'flow' towards the positive.

man you guys are really autisming my thread up
only two people in here remotely have a clue of what they're talking about
anyway if you come back around I'd be interested in knowing electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/15383/dc-dc-isolated-supplies-in-series-for-higher-voltage

from what I'm reading I might need to use some diodes

Typical buck/boost converters aren't isolated, so trying to put two in series connected to the same power source effectively shorts their outputs.

Yes, you can series the outputs of the converter I linked to since they are isolated from each other and the input.