Is anyone here a system administrator? I'm just starting out can they help me...

Is anyone here a system administrator? I'm just starting out can they help me? Is there a discord server with system administrators? Is there anyone who wants to talk about their job?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mvillaloboz/open-source-cs-degree
pirateproxy.cc/torrent/12256009/UDEMY_LINUX_SYSTEM_ADMINISTRATION_FOR_BEGINNERS_TUTORIAL
pirateproxy.cc/torrent/17178041/CBT_Nuggets_-_Cisco_CCNA_ICND2_200-105
g.sicp.me/books/
webchat.weho.st/#/room/#general:banter.city
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No. You will live as you will die, alone.

>you will die, alone

but I'm a girl

>tfw that was unironically my first pc

It was also your last PC, right?

That's cool but it must suck only ever owning one PC your whole life.

Shove a sharpie up your asshole and take a pic or GTFO

need help with something in particular?

Yeah SA here. Sup

I'm a sysadmin. Best way to learn is by starting in a mid size business (~200 employees) in a small enough team that you get hands-on experience with all relevant things (Windows Server / Linux admininistration, AD, Networking, virtualization techs private or cloud, scripting, etc). Have a small virtualbox infra at home to test things out, implement random things.
It's important that you learn good practices. Learning how things work will help you troubleshoot incidents. Pray to have competent and experienced colleagues from which you can learn. I would avoid start-ups at first.

Show us your feminine penis

>n a mid size business (~200 employees) in a small enough team that you get hands-on experience with all relevant things (Windows Server / Linux admininistration, AD, Networking, virtualization techs private or cloud, scripting, etc). Have a small virtualbox infra at home to test things out, implement random things.
>It's important that you learn good practices. Learning how things work will help you troubleshoot incidents. Pray to have competent and experienced colleagues from which you can learn. I would avoid start-ups at first.
bump

can I have your discord sn or email?

pic related

yeah I'm self studying and I need resources to torrent :3

Also communities and think tanks like reddit.com/r/sysadmin chat rooms maybe?

> (OP)

right now I'm studying:

github.com/mvillaloboz/open-source-cs-degree
pirateproxy.cc/torrent/12256009/UDEMY_LINUX_SYSTEM_ADMINISTRATION_FOR_BEGINNERS_TUTORIAL
pirateproxy.cc/torrent/17178041/CBT_Nuggets_-_Cisco_CCNA_ICND2_200-105

idk if I'm doing the right thing. I kind of want a study partner too

kys

go to bed

you are weak

I've got an RHCSA and a decent if informal amount of experience with GNU/Linux administration if you want to talk shop. Honestly though, everything you'll need is right here:

g.sicp.me/books/

I've got a Matrix server up that's got a few guest accessible rooms, our primary room can be accessed through this gateway:

webchat.weho.st/#/room/#general:banter.city

I'm a sysadmin.

Start as a help desk technician for a managed services provider (MSP). You'll be able to learn systems from a variety of clients and won't be stuck with one set of systems. There are MSPs all over the place and they all need help desk staff. Just stick it out and work your way up.

How is that pic related? I see no penis

its ironic your a tranny chaser