I'm curious: Is anti-smoking sentiment as strong in other countries around the world as it is in the US...

I'm curious: Is anti-smoking sentiment as strong in other countries around the world as it is in the US? I'm not a smoker myself, but I think it's ridiculous how smokers are treated these days.

Other urls found in this thread:

livescience.com/15115-5-health-benefits-smoking-disease.html
caffeineinformer.com/harmful-effects-of-caffeine
examine.com/supplements/caffeine/
youtube.com/watch?v=FjQcNYpOtmI
youtube.com/watch?v=OGSW295hdzk
youtube.com/watch?v=--JP-YKIiIc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Australia is worse, but they are beyond pathetic in many aspects. They've quite literally done away with common sense in favour of legislation.

>I think it's ridiculous how smokers are treated these days.
Agreed, people pretending to care about your health and telling you what to do and what don't it's one of the most obnoxious things

The Australian government regulates tobacco so much because it's extremely unhealthy and addictive.

What if they care about their health due to the effects second hand smoking has on your body?

And ?

They regulate everything simply because the lowest common denominator is so alarmingly prevalent in their shitty country.

then they shouldn't breath, because pollution from factories and cars is infinitely worse

Second-hand smoke doesn't have much, if any, effect on your body. The studies that "proved" that were thrown out because they used junk science and the latest studies couldn't find any significant detrimental effects caused by exposure, even by non-smokers who lived with a smoker for over 30 years.

Nobody really seems to care. If you smoke, nobody is going to be all in your face about "muh cancer" and stuff but everyone knows it's unhealthy.
Myself, I smoke a cigar sometimes because I like the taste and I kinda like the scent of tabacco but I'm not addicted.

Smoking is for retarded degenerates

>Ruins your skin
>Harms your health in pretty much every way
>Costs money
>Smells like shit
>Stains your teeth
>Increases your chance of lung cancer and heart disease exponentially
>Reduces your lung capacity/endurance

Absolutely disgusting

Your personal opinion about smoking isn't the topic of the thread, so kindly go somewhere else if that's what you want to discuss.

>Your personal opinion about smoking isn't the topic of the thread

It is objective that smoking is incredibly harmful for you with no benefits

here comes the first faggot, mind your own business

all he said was facts

Enjoy looking like you're 60 in your 40's lmao

Enjoy your heart disease lmao

Canadians, as soulless """"people"""", have no comprehension of joie de vivre, enjoyment of the simple but important aspects of life, especially since they don't even eat normal foods, nor have anything of cultural relevance.

Nobody asked about what smoking does to you. Everybody already knows about the risks, so you sound like an idiot pointing them out.

>he believes that healthy people can't die being young
yeah fuck off, I do with my body what I want

This. And the fact the government is about to switch to those memepackages enrage me. No smoker is unaware of the dangers of his habit, I don't want anybody to lecture me every time I buy a pack as if I was a child.

>joie de vivre, enjoyment of the simple but important aspects of life

In what way is inhaling Smoke and chemicals """"enjoyable"""" when it decreases your quality of life drastically and your estimated lifespan?

If you want to enjoy your life you should not smoke then

This.

Why do you care about what other people do? Is your life so bad that you have to focus on what other people do and take the moral high ground in order to ignore how shit your life is?

>In what way is inhaling Smoke and chemicals """"enjoyable"""
some people enjoy smoking, others enjoy getting drunk and puke, and faggots love saying to the people what they should do with their lives.

>>he believes that healthy people can't die being young

When did I imply that?

Of course you can die young, but you're harming yourself and increasing your chance of disease ALL ON YOUR OWN.

Getting hit by a car and dying? - I can't reduce the chances of that very much besides running in front of cars, it can happen always.

Inhaling chemicals every day that are proven to decrease your health? - I can prevent this.

>yeah fuck off, I do with my body what I want

If you're over 16 years old you should reflect on yourself. You don't have to prove you're cool to anyone anymore

Many find a dick up the ass pleasurable, I'm sure you don't need explanations to believe them

>Why do you care about what other people do?

It costs society tons of money in healthcare costs.

I'm just pointing out that you are a degenerate

It's just part and parcel of many things that make leaf en-... I mean life, enjoyable

But please do share me what things make you truly happy

Why?
Is "anti-smoking guys sentiment, strong, outside of the US? I thought it was just a SJW thing.

Wrong. Cigarettes cost enough to cover not only smokers' healthcare, but even pathetic whiners like you.

Why would ruining your health be enjoyable?

How can that be fun? I don't like smelling bad or having weaker lung capacity

You're not enjoying it, you're just addicted so you need it to feel normal

>but you're harming yourself and increasing your chance of disease ALL ON YOUR OWN.
exactly, you said it: INCREASES THE CHANCE, it doesn't mean I will die young necessarily
Also, I prefer having a shorter life than repressing myself of something I like

>I'm just pointing out that you are a degenerate
you are more degenerate by meddling in the lives of others

>It costs society tons of money in healthcare costs.

Prove it, and after you calculate the estimated costs to society that it causes, make sure that you calculate the amount of taxes that a smoker pays in cigarette taxes in their lifetime and subtract that from the cost. I'm sure that your AIDS treatments because you can't stop sucking infected cock do the same, anyway.

>exactly, you said it: INCREASES THE CHANCE, it doesn't mean I will die young necessarily

Yes it increases the chance, but why purposely increase it?

>Also, I prefer having a shorter life than repressing myself of something I like

You are just addicted, you don't actually enjoy spending money on breathing in smoke

Smokers are to be admired. Their noble sacrifice helps keeping the pension scheme afloat.

More people die from second hand smoke than fire arms in the us, we just don't want you retards to kill us

>I'm sure that your AIDS treatments because you can't stop sucking infected cock do the same, anyway.

Why do smokers always get so buttblasted when people point out that their addiction actually has harmful effects(and many of them)?

You really sound like the people in early stages of Opiate addiction who keep saying "No... no I just like using heroin, I only use it sometimes it's not really that bad mind your own business, I'LL DO WHAT I WANT WITH MY BODY"

Actually, smokers cost less over time than nonsmokers on average, because they tend to die off before reaching the $500 daily medication regimens and rampant surgeries of old age.

That said, I'd still gladly see public smokers shot. If you want to kill yourself, fine, but do it somewhere I don't have to gag on it.

>You are just addicted, you don't actually enjoy spending money on breathing in smoke

I find it strange that non-smokers believe this. How do you think people get addicted in the first place? One cigarette doesn't get you addicted. You have to keep doing it. Why do people keep doing it? Probably because they enjoy it.

My grandmother lived to be 80, and she was a heavy lifelong smoker. I've known plenty of non-smokers who died younger than her from "natural causes."

no, nobody cares here. The only countries I've been to where people seem to care were anglo ones.

Kek

>but why purposely increase it?
because I like to do it, you will never understand the pleasure we feel

>You are just addicted, you don't actually enjoy spending money on breathing in smoke
don't even try to tell me what I feel and what I don't, I'm addicted and I enjoy every cigarette

that was explained above, take a (You) and turn your regional f(l)ag on

>Why do smokers always get so buttblasted when people point out that their addiction actually has harmful effects(and many of them)?

I'm not a smoker. I just hate people like you who pretend to care about other people's health to make yourself feel morally superior, when in reality, you're just a piece of shit.

>My grandmother lived to be 80, and she was a heavy lifelong smoker. I've known plenty of non-smokers who died younger than her from "natural causes."

Some people have genes tha make them resistant to many of the harmful effects of smoking, it's rare but not unheard of

>Why do smokers always get so buttblasted when people point out that their addiction actually has harmful effects(and many of them)?
Because they're already aware of it you stupid cunt, and as long as you keep parroting "you're not actually enjoying it" there's no reason to keep replying to you.

>How do you think people get addicted in the first place?
>Why do people keep doing it? Probably because they enjoy it.

Maybe because it's an addictive substance?

There's a reason there's millions of people trying to quit Cigarettes who truly hate it and don't want to do it anymore but they're unable to, even using Nicotine patches and getting therapy and all this shit.

They probably just enjoy it too much though, right?

>You are a piece of shit for not wanting to breathe second-hand smoke and actually being concerned with people killing themselves with their poor choices

Uh ok

Yeah, kinda. But people in here are not beta cucks, the second someone comes by and says some obvious stupid shit to smokers like "smoking is bad u know?" they'll get a gentle punch in their faces, of course if they're lucky enough.

But I never said that smoking is the be all and end all of anything. It complements an espresso in the morning spring sun as does a glass of Marlborough sauvignon blanc with a charcoal grilled fillet of sea bass during a leisurely afternoon lunch with friends. But for someone who probably microwaves his instant coffee and has a penchant for Kraft dinners I honestly dont know why I am even bothering.

>Don't tell me what I feel
>You don't truly care about me

I understand these remarks are coming from different people, but surely you must see the logical hypocrisy here.

You're an idiot. Here's your last (you).

>But for someone who probably microwaves his instant coffee and has a penchant for Kraft dinners I honestly dont know why I am even bothering

I take caffeine powder(it's much cheaper).

I haven't had kraft in years

>caffeine powder
Degenerate.

>I take caffeine powder(it's much cheaper).

Why is it degenerate?

Caffeine has lots of benefits

not much benefits but it is an addictive substance

better in moderation but best without

livescience.com/15115-5-health-benefits-smoking-disease.html
caffeineinformer.com/harmful-effects-of-caffeine

Here's a link to the effects of Caffeine - There are sources for the studies at the bottom if you're interested in that.

examine.com/supplements/caffeine/

PIc related is a few of them(couldn't get all in the screenshot)

it would appear that Caffeine is good for you, and my proffered way of taking it is very cost-efficient.

>all the smokefags itt getting assblasted
Kek I hope you all die painful deaths from your disgusting habits.

>be addicted to dangerous substance
>spend loads of money to buy a product that kills you
>indirectly harm and lead to deaths of thousands of people around you
>your habit is literally more dangerous than fire arms
>be ripped off by tobacco companies laughing at addicted customers
>be intensely proud of all this
Wew

Oh gee those look like really unbiased sources, kek

you will die a painful death anyway
virgin and gfless too

It's all about the free healthcare, man. If you get cancer, they are going to pay for your medical stuff.

I don't smoke but people getting uptight about someone else smoking is a good sign that they're a neurotic fuckwit and I don't need them in my life

>You are a virgin if you speak out against my addiction

I hope you see the irony in the smokers' cope and defenses ITT

the two things are not linked, but i can safely assume an annoying fellow like you must be very unappealing to most people around him.
(or maybe i'm just overestimating canadians)

Are you guys actually mad about people who smoke?

Why would you give a shit? And the "smells awful" thing is bullshit, i started smoking when i was 19 and before that i had absolutely no problem with it.

Seriously, I WISH i will get cancer before i'm 60. It's cancer or Alzheimer, and i'm going with cancer.

>Seriously, I WISH i will get cancer before i'm 60. It's cancer or Alzheimer, and i'm going with cancer.

Why do you think that cancer is some painless and instant way to die?

It's a lot more likely that you will get a Laryngectomy in your 40's or 50's and suffer for a long time

>And the "smells awful" thing is bullshit
That's because you're used to it you fucking retard

youtube.com/watch?v=FjQcNYpOtmI

youtube.com/watch?v=OGSW295hdzk

youtube.com/watch?v=--JP-YKIiIc

ok, I'm a smoker, so I might be a bit biased, but here it is
as far as my cunt is concerned, there was recently a proposal to ban smoking in pubs/restaurants, but the general consensus of both politicans and people was that this should be entirely up to the owner to decide
literally the only counter arguments were: but what about the staff? (well, no one fucking forces you to work in a pub you know)
b-but my clothes smell (well, you can also go to a non-smoking pub/restaurant)
as far as smoking itself goes, I try not to be a cunt about it (e.g. not lighting up on a bus stop full of people), but I understand that a lot of smokers are not as nice
however, I pay shitload of money on taxes everytime I buy a pack + I pay health insurance, so I can smoke all I want, since I don't hurt/harm anybody
as for the idiot leaf ITT, you might as well ban meat and alcohol because they cause health problems too, eat shit you self-righteous faggot, people like you are the reason we can't have nice things

>Why do you think that cancer is some painless and instant way to die?

I saw 2 people from my family dying from Alzheimer, i think i'm in position to choose it.

>That's because you're used to it you fucking retard
Fuck you, leafag. Stop picking lines out of context, i just said i started smoking when i was 19 and before i didn't felt bothered at all with the smell.

>people like you are the reason we can't have nice things

>Breathing in chemicals and smoke is "nice things"

Why even bother arguing with you retards

there's no deference to smoking you nigger. We just don't really care, you faggot.

>Muh freedom

Smoking is just an unhealthy and expensive habit.. Why would anyone do this?! Come on, confess, you're just an easily influenced edgy wannabe-cool/accepted cretin.

Fun fact: you're a loser.
Good fact: you will leave this planet early.

>waah waah stop liking what I don't like
>muh chemicals
>implying your food is not full of them anyway

I've already mentioned that I'm not a smoker more than once.

>Uh food is full of chemicals so that's a good reason why I should smoke and inhale many more chemicals every single day

Lmao

>Come on, confess, you're just an easily influenced edgy wannabe-cool/accepted cretin

I think it's mostly teenagers who got trolled into smoking to be "cool" so now they've grown up and are too addicted so they delude themselves into thinking they actually enjoy spending money to harm their health and reduce their estimated lifespan.

:^)

Not in Mexico or Spain afaik.
Most times when someone tries to belittle you it goes like this:

"You shouldn't smoke, it's bad for everyone"
"Fuck off"
"K then"

how are you doing btw?

just the fact you think smoking is edgy or wannabe-cool makes you a loser of epic proportions, since it's been one of the most common activities since forever.
people smoked before Clint Eastwood or hard-boiled movies.

>since it's been one of the most common activities since forever.
>people smoked before Clint Eastwood or hard-boiled movies.

They didn't know it was harmful you fucking retard

People used to smoke in airplanes and thought it cured diseases too.

Smoking is for faggots

Don't care but I'm all for any taxation that punishes for people deliberately fucking their body up and being a burden on the system so this applies to obesity too.

do you want a list of harmful activities people do despite being aware of the disadvantages you imbecile?

Sure, I support those being taxed and restricted as well.

Before you say it,
Yes I am against alcohol too
Yes I am against all drugs except for steroids
Yes I am against obesity

>uh you shouldn't like do this, because it's like bad for you
jesus christ, what a waste of space

Yes smoking is very harmful for you, that's kind of the point. Now you're getting it

No, smoking cigarettes is for faggots. Smoking cigars is for bosses.

everyone at Uni smokes

nobody else

>Yes I am against alcohol too
le durka durka jihad face

yeah i bet you bust the balls of everyone you see drinking a beer or eating mcdonald's.
and driving a car, why cant they use public transportation and lower the chances to kill themselves and others?

Oh jeez, so much has happened I couldn't be satisfied just trying to condense it in one post. I'll just say things are well and I'm having a lot of fun here. I'm surprised you care 2bh, how are you?

>yeah i bet you bust the balls of everyone you see drinking a beer or eating mcdonald's.

Nah it's just less competition for me.

I like it when they do that because it means it makes it easier for me to stand out in a positive way

Meat is only bad is you char it black though.
It's rather certain methods of meat production and cooking/preparation has an increased risky of cancer.

Fucking Canadians

>it makes it easier for me to stand out in a positive way

no fucking shit
really? smoking is bad for me? no way
I never knew, please tell me more

Yes it's easier to stand out next to subhumans.

(Attractive) women don't want a fat disgusting skinnyfat beta who smokes and has gyno bigger than theirs