Why do people use Opera?

like why

It used to be good and was one of the first browsers to utilize tabs. Back when I used opera, I appreciated that it had an IRC client, bittorrent client, and mail client all integrated as well.

Not sure why people still use it today though.

before was the shit, even they had a .jar version for old ass phones that were still working, but now is dead, is just a reeskin of chrome, even vivaldi is better

security through obscurity bro. if less than 4% of internet users use it, who the fuck is going to bother writing an exploit for it?

The moment it dropped Presto for Webkit/Blink was the moment it died.

I hope Vivaldi integrates all that shit soon. Also why did Opera even remove those things?

Dara saver.

Opera switched to chromium a few years ago.

>why did Opera even remove those things?
New engine?

We're not talking about Firefox here.

I used to use it on my first laptop because everything else would freeze up.

>this
It's why I'm using it right now.

Speed dial. I use to open like 39 tabs at the same time, with speed dial only need to click one time instead of 39.

Free VPN

>Lightweight
>As fast as Chrome
>Compatible with Chrome extensions
>Speed dial
>Battery last a lot longer when using on laptop compared to other browsers
>Gets Blink features even before Chrome
>Chink botnet>Americunt botnet

these. plus nostalgia. been using since 2005 when I needed to run it on a thumbive n high school. portableapps.com or something

>>Chink botnet > Americunt botnet
this

i use opera to watch peopel play games on twitch

tabs

exactly

I reinstalled it after years of using firefox after firefox went to shit, right now its pretty comfy, lightweight and fast and comes with messenger, whatsapp and telegram integration (inb4 botnet you can turn it all off) , a built in adblock and html5, not going back to firefox and sure as hell not using chrome

Check out Otter Browser, it's set on being Opera 12. They probably removed it because DUDE CHROMIUM-BASED LMAO
On topic: handles many tabs and has integrated adblock and lightweight VPN (lightweight as in it compresses shit) so I can use it with slower internet

That aside, it's hard to decide whether to use Opera or Vivaldi, neither has things really going for them (though I like Vivaldi's side panel and the fact you can have windows in window)

Eh, that ended incoherent as fuck.
Otter Browser is trying to copy Opera 12 and so far they succeeded in being outdated.
ChinkOpera removed all those additional features because chromium meme, but still handles many tabs well and has now adblock and poorfag VPN.
And I'm sitting now and figuring out whether to use Opera or Vivaldi.

>And I'm sitting now and figuring out whether to use Opera or Vivaldi.
used to use opera exclusively 5 years ago, then moved on to firefox, and no i am on chrome.

chrome freezes on Win 10 CU,
firefox eats up all the RAM
Really want to use opera, but i seem to come back to chrome for some reason or the other.
I think i couldn't figure out how to copy chrome bookmarks to opera, or maybe it was something else.

someday, opera will have all the features and i'll go back to it.

If only vivaldi's interface wouldn't be so horribly slow

I was mostly using Opera my whole life (I'm not kidding, so maybe it's actually more of a loyalty thing I'm still using it) and I haven't had any significant problems that I had to use something else.
What does repulse you from Opera? From my experience I can have 10-15 tabs opened, run qbittorent and java game in the background and it doesn't choke, even on my poorfag PC.
It is slow? Either I have low standards or "works on my machine" case. It only slows down when opening new tab (there's like half a second freeze). IIRC for whatever reason Vivaldi on my laptop couldn't get flash, but I don't use it (flash) any more so it doesn't bother me.

>It is slow? Either I have low standards or "works on my machine" case.
It reacts very slow. Not several seconds slow, but there's a noticeable (milliseconds) lag some times. Though it has gotten better in the last 2 versions.

Oh, I get what you mean. Well, I get such lag mostly when opening new windows and tabs or side panel, i.e. where I have to "break" my flow anyway, so it doesn't bother me, but I can see it bothering others. Let's hope they'll fix it.