Has anyone ever used a vertical mouse?

Has anyone ever used a vertical mouse?

How is it?

Conveniently lost the one work supplied me on my work machine. Does that tell you everything you need to know?

Why didn't you like it?

Instead of a lazy palm grip when browsing, now you have to firmly grip the mouse so your hand doesn't slide off. That's not even getting into the bad quality of the buttons and scroll wheel.

i have the wireless version of your pic, i got the wireless version because the cable on that one fucks up prematurely and you have to fix it yourself. problem is the wireless one eats about one battery a month which is retarded

basically it works fine, pretty comfey, but they cut a bunch of corners on the engineering of it

>trackball
>vertical

thats where youre wrong kiddo, there is a big flange on the bottom of it for your hand to rest on, rest your hand on your desk sideways, thats what it feels like to use, you dont have to grip anything.
not shilling for that mouse btw, i think its shit compared to my previous mice but its probably one of the best vert mice you can get rn
who said anything about a trackball

I used one on my aunt's computer and the default bindings are shit. I couldn't change them because she was too used to them.

I included it to say "since trackballs weren't autistic enough, they made vertical mice."

they seem pretty autistic until you have rsi so bad you cant hold a cup properly

No reason to use one unless you have carpal tunnel, they're hard to use and expensive as fuck even though they're made of the cheapest plastic imaginable.

no profile feature?

its not a gayming mouse ffs

Give it back Tyrone.

It's useful for my standing desk at work because the mouse is tall and the desk isn't quite high enough for me, but it's a pain to use it like you're supposed to, and I don't really see any benefit.

Microsoft Windows doesn't have this problem.

he's saying he took it

I don't have a screenshot from her computer but those are not the default bindings

my defaults were
1: left click
2: middle mouse button (mouse wheel button on other mice)
3: right click

seems pretty clear to me, yeah it took a couple of days to get used to but fuck, you can rebind them if you are getting really triggered, whats the big deal

Computer illiterate people like my aunt are buying them and the back button is positioned where when you move your hand from your keyboard back to your mouse you bump it and lose all of the work you've just put in to that email.

My mom use it on her PC. Last time I was on holidays at parents' place, I tried it. Couldn't get used to it, to be honest. It's like I put to much pressure this way on table surface and my speed suffers as a result.

yeah but that's because you have used traditional mouse for years. If you put in some time with the vert you will be have a better idea of its benefits.

I use one at work every day, it relieves the strain a lot if you're using the mouse all day long but I haven't bothered with one for home where I do light to moderate gaming.

>hard to use
you put your hand on it nigger

Been using them since the V2 came out long, long ago.

A regular mouse will render my arm numb from pain from the elbow down in about 3 days.

The thing I hate most about it is that you need good posture. If you try to use it while leaning back, it destroys your arm.

they're useful for giving the wrist a break from the same horizontal mouse positions

they're not as accurate because the hand slides down

I used one when I had an office job for a year. It definitely helps relieve the strain on my wrist and I would recommend one if you use a mouse for many hours a day for work.

I have the 1st and 2nd Gen of the Anker Vertical Mouse - at less than $20 it is one of my favorite purchases from Amazon.

How long do those last you? I've heard they don't really hold up terribly well over time.

I've still got my original V2 (as well as a V3 and V4) Evoluents in working order, but the cost is brutal. Considering trying the Ankers if they don't break down in ~6 months.

Have not had to replace anything yet. 1st Gen is at home now, no problems. Been using the 2nd Gen for about 6 months now at work.

>eliminates wrist strain
>but instead put more stress on hand

Been using them for about 10 years. My hand is fine.

Use traditional mouse with comfy palm grip for about 20 years. My hand is fine too.

That's good. It sounds like you don't have the kind of wrist problems that require a vertical mouse.

It'd be nice to not need one, because there are so many more choices for a regular style mouse.

It's pretty cool for the acme editor.

If you want to try and avoid wrist pain and complications, you can't just use one or the other. You need to switch between the two.

Best mouse coming through

Nice dildo faggot.

I don't have that problem because I'm not a limp writsted fop.