I cannot understand how mac users can accept that fucking dock piece of shit

I cannot understand how mac users can accept that fucking dock piece of shit

It occupies too much screen space and you can't even prolongue it to the edges of the screen so it has that fucking unused blank space left and right

Also apple thinks that if I press that green fullscreen shitty button I want my application to COMPLETELY GO FULSCREEN AND FUCK EVERYTHING ELSE

Other urls found in this thread:

osxdaily.com/2013/12/05/place-dock-corner-of-screen-mac-os-x/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don't even get me started over the fact that if you close an application IT DOESN'T EVEN CLOSE IT STAYS IN THE BACKGROUD BOTNETTING MY COMPUTER

Macs are pretty gud, once your anus can accomodate apple dick comfortably.

1. you can make it 8x8 tiny
2. it has that unused space because theres nothing there. you can have desktop icons over there. better that then stretched
3. that fullscreen button is for fullscreen yes. theres no reason not to just have it in a window.
you just closed the window. application can have any number of windows, even 0

move the boxed slider toward the direction labelled "Small"

Nothing wrong with this, like, cmd+w, muh dood...

docks are just cropped taskbars, just look at Windows after 7; no need to be autistic about that. You can always install a DE of your choice on Windows anywa-

Just close it with CMD+Q, lol

enable auto hide
cmd + q

eh

>close button on a window closes the window
>this somehow confuses the wintoddler

Close apps with command q and use spectacle to get window resizing keyboard shortcuts. I don't have the dock showing at all because it's faster to launch shit with spotlight and switch apps/windows with hot corners and alt tab/`

Or the linuxtoddler

most linux wm/de are made so winplebs would adapt easily

fair enough, but i assumed op was a retard

Apple users are technically illiterate and can't afford to use Gentoo because it's too hard for them and requires technical skills and the knowledge of a Unix system under the hood. They will take anything from Apple because they don't have a choice.

>Linux
>Real UNIX

For the dock, activate auto-hide in System Preferences → Dock → Autohide and/or type ⌘+⌥+D
Then open the Terminal and type:
>defaults write com.apple.dock autohide-time-modifier -int 100; killall Dock

If you wanna reset it to default type:
>defaults delete com.apple.dock autohide-time-modifier; killall Dock

>gentoo
>requiring any real knowledge

All you can do with this UNIX is to brandish the certification and use it the same way as Windows users use Windows.

To configure a kernel you have to know how kernel scheduling works, security, virtualisation, file systems, how compilers optimise code et cetera.

>BOTNETTING MY COMPUTER
I think that's a given with a Mac.

>⌥
what is this hebrew rune gibberish
>just hit the ⌘ key followed by socketing a tel and eth rune into your iSuckCockboard
macfags am i right ◔_◔

>
>>Linux
>>Real UNIX

I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/LInux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

you are wrong all over the place

>A close button should close the application. Like every other OS does it. With the buttons configured like in macOS there are 2 buttons for the exact same purpose: RED,YELLOW

>If I want fullscreen I hit F11. That ridiculus macOS "fullscreen" button is just the most retarded way to maximize a window because everything else and I mean EVERYTHING (even the clock) will be absolutely invisible at that point which maces the whole machine unusable exept for that one application

>the dock overall is awful. wasted space, hidious menus, ridiculus animations, AND even if you hide the dock and maximize a window, there'll be always a tiny little gap from the bottom of the screen to the actuel window
>pic related

I hope you haven't typed this from windows or linux distro

I hate how rhythmbox and VLC do this on linux

>or linux distro
>implying

The buttons at window should manipulate the window. Yellow hides the window, but everything in it stays while red closes the window destroying its individual properties. You're not complaining fullscreen doesnt maximize all the windows of an application?

The full screen feature is exactly for it. If you want multitasking just have a small window and other windows around it.

The dock does not waste space if you use it like filled with icons. menus just work, it barely has animations and those are disableable. Basically you're doing it wrong, ahmed.

Yes, implications. There's no botnet on Mac OS.

How can I disable this fucking dock thing completely?

I don't need this shit. If I wanna launch an application I just CMD+Space and type the app I want to launch.

This is more faster and far more usable than reaching over to the touchpad.
Which is pretty shitty by the way

>touchpad
>shitty

You will never be satisfied then you brainlet

I'll be satisfied when I trash my macbook pro 2016 in favor of a tamagochi

>can't even use a fucking mac
lel.

Just make it hidden by default.

It's already hidden
I wanna UNINSTALL it

lmao
you can't
I guess a solution would be something like this which I assume is just setting the timer for the dock reveal to something really high so it basically will never reappear again.

That said, I would recommend you install HyperDock.
It adds aero-peek to the dock, and allows you to maximize windows by scrolling up on the title bar.
Also, lots of other tweaks

NO. I'll fucking install Windows 10 and wipe macOS completely.
What a useless OS

why'd you buy a mac in the first place if you hate the OS? especially a new one considering the hardware is outdated crap now

I didn't know macOS at all and wanted to at least take a look at it.

It's shit. So I'll install Windows 10

sell the macbook and get yourself normal laptop at a fraction of the cost and better specs you idiot

>There's no botnet on Mac OS
I'm also a macOS user but come on don't delude yourself.

You can place the dock on the left and on the right as well, you can also auto hide it and resize you can also manipulate it even further with the terminal: osxdaily.com/2013/12/05/place-dock-corner-of-screen-mac-os-x/
The close button resets the program to it's initial state and hides it, that's how it works.
if you want it to Cmd+Q once you hit "x" just download redquits.

>All the Mac OS shills crawling out of the woodwork to defend this retardation

>this exists

Try and justify more the Apple cock you have shoved up your asses

You're the dumbest poster I've seen all day, by far. You can't be older than 14.

You can use Command+Option+D to make the dock autohide. To modify the window control behavior, hold the Option key while clicking the fullscreen button. It's that easy.

You can't disable the dock or you'll lose access to the file manager.

See This is how the system works, it's been like that for decades. There's more than 1 way to quit programs anyways (using the dock, kill command on the terminal, quitting the program trough the menubar). I own Windows machines and this never bothered me since I rebinded alt + F4 and use CTRL + W all the time. Redquits is also simple and does it job perfectly,

Pretty easy, just make small with no animations. Get Magnet for window adjustments. Former Windows user here - easy to adjust. I even have a 2nd dock for when on two fullscreen monitors.

>why doesn't everything act just like windows REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE im confused

>You can't disable the dock or you'll lose access to the file manager.

Real? By what logic is this a thing

The desktop shell is Finder. The dock, menu bar, and file explorer are all the same thing.

I don't, I haven't used it in years.
>It occupies too much screen space
You can change the size and/or set it to autohide.
>Also apple thinks that if I press that green fullscreen shitty button I want my application to COMPLETELY GO FULSCREEN AND FUCK EVERYTHING ELSE
Yeah this is dumb as fuck, luckily you can change that with BetterTouchTool

In the same way that if you kill explorer.exe on windows you "lose" access to the file manager and taskbar.

What sort of Android is this?

you can even hide the bar at the top.

Applet also calls their inverted mouse scrolling """""""""""'"'''''natural"""""""""""""""""

It is natural, it's like you're moving the content

You can reverse the scroll direction in pretty much any OS. The only people that would be frustrated by something like this are the ones that are too retarded to open the settings before crying to tech support about it.

Android x86 with Taskbar float mode enabled, can be installed on computers

>just like windows
and linux
and pretty much every other operating system other than macos

>not using i3
It's your own fucking fault.

Threads like these show me how disgusting it looks when you bitch about what you can easily change. My dock is on the left side of the screen and set to autohide. I don't see it unless I want to see it.