Europeans are awake. Post freeways

Los Angeles here.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Database_download
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yuros can't have freeways like this because they are not free.

Only loser neets yuros are awake at this hour

We did it first, stop copying us america... seriously

>not understanding EU time zones

>3 am
>awake

>tfw I have to leave for work 2 hours early every day because of fucking traffic jams

That thumbnail really does look like a complex interchange.

I can't imagine how frustrating that must be to drive

You don't know true hell unless you've driven the 401

Area code, 905?

I don't understand are you trying to claim you invented roads?

I am pretty sure he's making a joke, being as he makes this thread every month or so and the thread is normally title with "asleep".

WTF ?
that real ?

My hometown has a cool looking one

There are signs and you have google maps idk why you think it'd be hard

Trying to change seven lanes over in California traffic is a death sentence.

>mfw I'm going to have to drive on these when I move to Oregon

I get seriously pissed off after being in traffic for 30 minutes.

I don't know how all the suburban commuter office worker types do it everyday.

Nice motorized freedom there.

>tfw top tier public transportation system.

I listen to music and zone out. It's pretty relaxing actually.

Welcome to Houston!
Home of the widest freeway in the world.

Here's another point during low traffic hour

Houstonian here.
.....and yet there is still traffic jams at every entrance. Oh I-10

You ever wonder what people will think of this stuff when they see it thousands of years from now and it's all in ruins?

We put Greek and Roman architecture everywhere.

I remember a day last summer I was driving East down I-10 towards downtown. I was on my way to class and as soon as I hit Beltway 8, as many cars as the eye could see were at a dead stop. Turns out an 18 wheeler had flipped near DOWNTOWN and closed off all lanes except the shoulder.

It took me 2 hours to get from I-10/BW8 to Downtown. I couldn't even get off because there were just so many cars. I saw people with their windows rolled down talking to each other because it was literally 10 feet every minute for a huge stretch of the freeway. And in the 95°F 95% humidity Houston weather, it was hell on Earth.

Fun times. At least it was a very memorable day.

Seems like every week on the news there is an overturned something on I-10. That story sounds like hell, might as well be one....you're pretty much sitting on a frying pan come mid August.

>live in Indiana
>800,000 traffic accidents every year
>700 fatal
>see 1-3 accidents every single night on one freeway on my way home from work
>traffic in Indianapolis isn't even this bad

when did you realize car-centric society is awful

Would you die there if your car didn't have AC?

>driving northbound it's slow as molasses
>driving southbound it's a mad dash of weaving autos, buses and trucks

pretty sure our recordkeeping is such that people hundreds or thousands of years in the future won't have to be doing much guesswork

from where?

That's probably not true. The technology we record media onto becomes obsolete instantly nowadays. The only thing that stays the same (usually) is file formats and it would be pretty easy for popular formats to fall into legacy without backwards compatibility to save them. Once that happens, people will just let old files sit until they are decades old.

It's sort of like that book in your attic that is going to be thrown away by your family when they're looking for stuff to sell to pay for your funeral.

Germany literally invented freeways

I live in Pittsburgh, the highways that go through the city are all 4 lane, 2 lanes in each direction. Luckily, the terrain prevents us from having those monstrosities that they have our west.

if wikipedia doesn't get deleted then the future will know, i mean we know shit about the past because of like 1% of the records they kept that happened to survive, i'm sure with the sheer amounts of media we create the 1% that survives will inform our descendants what the world is like now

>freeway in middle of town
>russia
No suprise here

I honestly thought this was the one over I-35 in Waco.

No they didn't.
The first was on Long Island NY in 1908.
Germany didn't start building them until the 1920s.

>thinking ahmed invented freeways
you need to have a lot of land for freeways to become necessary

Wikipedia is run from a single data center, mostly on donations.

Here's the thing: eventually, something better will come along. Once people replace Wikipedia with something, then there is no longer any reason for all that data to exist. The prospects of Wikipedia actually being preserved are pretty slim.

No, it won't. You can literally download the whole wikipedia database: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Database_download

If it goes down, there'll be dozens of wikipedias with the same database on the same day it goes down.

California, going to college in Oregon.

The knowledge on our obsolete equipment is transferred to more modern equipment, how do you think we kept records from the 80s and shit? You think everything on the computers then just disappeared forever?

With our technology it's possible to keep a continuous stream of knowledge available provided there isn't some mass extinction event or some other shit

where dis

gtfo transplant

Which College?

Add to it that the book is in a language that only your great great grandfather spoke

>The knowledge on our obsolete equipment is transferred to more modern equipment

It is usually not.

>how do you think we kept records from the 80s and shit

Well for most archival purposes, the original equipment is still used. Most government archives still use magnetic tape unless the data gathered is new enough that more modern stuff is used for storage.

Again, this will eventually become obsolete and therefor useless. Yes, there is probably some librarian that will want that 200 years from now. Except that has always been the case and yet data has constantly been lost over time regardless.

Nah, fuck you, leather man.

Community College in Bend.

This triggers Americans

NOPE

that's fake tho

This looks like the kind of shit you have to pull-off in cities:skyline

What's with the ski ramps coming out of the road fork at the bottom of the pic?

Those are for death races.

I live just to the left of that picture

There is no Speed limit here.
How often do you drive 180km/h?
I do it every day.

>shitter detected.

I prefer less wide roads. I feel like the one in my pic is much more free than the one in yours.

They're building another "floor". The road will continue like pic related

you are correct but if that was the road into LA it would take years to get there

are there actually people living beside these?

Is the government paid off by the bridge building industry to commission these kinds of interchanges?

this, americans are fucking retarded

I tortured my Slowyota to 165 km/h recently. Personally I don't fucking care about the open limit, I drive 130 km/h most of the time anyway, in fact the open limit makes driving a much bigger hassle because you always have to keep an eye behind you and mind speeds when you want to overtake. When everyone drives roughly the same speed it doesn't matter if you pull out in front of someone.

So much for freedom to drive wherever you want whenever you want.

I always drive full gas with my slowdi on the Autobahn. I'm simply used to it.

Poor engine.

>tfw driving fairly recent but gutless car right now and sticking to 130 km/h for its own good
>tfw next car will be more powerful but old as fuck and I'll also be sticking to 130 km/h for its own good

What would happen if someone blew up a bunch of these?

it's because every fuckwit has to own a car and when there are millions of them you end up with shit like the OP pic. i live in auckland and though it is not as bad it is still bullshit. I long for my home town where the roads are like what you posted.

nothing because most bridges there are redundant, just use a diffrent one

In case someone hasn't figured it out yet, the OP photo is a shoop.

Wouldn't that cause horrible traffic across the state and halt everything?

>spending exorbitant sums of Money on car insurance and a car, a commodity that loses value and depreciates over time like no other
>not going for comfy Train rides if you want to leave your City for a while
>not just using public Transport for your daily commute

lmao

Kek, Mercedes built before 2008 get rusty very massively.
Would not recommend.

i didn't look that closely at it, I just assumed american highways could be that ridiculous

>live in bumfuck small town
>buses don't even run yet when I have to get to work
>when they do run they only run twice an hour
>not on weekends
>have to hassle someone with a car whenever you have to transport something bigger than a travel bag

I pay 200€ a year for insurance.
80€ taxes per year.
And roughly 600€ for fuel.
Repairs are done by myself.

This is cheaper than a train. Fucking DB became ridicilous expensive.

they fucking are, LA has traffic at 2 am

>there are freeways that literally go on top of residential homes
>6 different roads flow into 1

so we're all agreed that autism came from germany?

This is actually around 17€ per week.
How much do you pay for your train tickets?

>Community College in Bend
why?

You're generalizing it. Old Mercedes from the '80s and earlier are exactly as rust prone as most cars from the era, probably even below the average considering what rustbuckets old Lancias and old British cars turn into. Then they had rust issues briefly for roughly a year around 1992 when laws forced them to switch from oil based paints to water based paints, and then they had rust issues depending on the model between the mid '90s and 2008 because of DaimlerChrysler cost cutting. Before DaimlerChrysler they built cars to a high standard and then adjusted the price, afterwards they set a price and then adjusted the quality.

>>not going for comfy Train rides if you want to leave your City for a while
i don't have a car since a few years and use trains instead ... and it's a fucking pain in the ass. nothing is comfy in those dirty shitholes that are always too late

And this means?
That I don't recommend Mercedes built between 90s and 2008.
And who the hell wants a 80s Mercedes.

Renault doesn't has Rust issues even at gigher age (above 12 years).

>And who the hell wants a 80s Mercedes
Who doesn't want an old Mercedes? What kinda itty bitty faggot are you that you'd automatically disregard all cars above a certain age? If anything you should disregard all cars BELOW a certain age because modern electronics make them impossible to repair at home.

Go to bed Marc, and cut your hair you dirty hippie

>Jewish
>doubting German efficiency

>keine Klima automatik
>frisst 14l innerorts
>Servolenkung?
>Ersatzteile selten noch in Produktion and sehr teuer
>keine netten kleinigkeiten wie Zentralveriegelung, elektr. Fensterheber etc.
>geringeres sicherheits equipment (Airbags, ABS, ESP etc)

As long as you like it.

>windows down and vents on
>stop being poor
>stop being a weakling
>rarely does anything break in the first place if well maintained
>it actually does have central locking, and the successor does actually have electric windows as well
>who gives a shit

>Federung
>Stoßdämpfer
>Kupplung
>Motor

Even the best quality car these things die with the age.
I would only recomend oldies for people that do it as a hobby and don't care to spend the extra money.

Wear is overrated. These things run half a million kilometers before even developing issues.

>From California
>Lives in Oregon
>Tells everyone how cool 'Cali' is
>complains about rain in Oregon
>drives up housing/rent prices
GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I would really feel good driving on the Autobahn in this.

>has a speed limit
>''''''''''''free''''''''''way