Some coffee spilled onto my macbook pro's keyboard. i quickly turned it over and let a fan blow onto it for a while...

some coffee spilled onto my macbook pro's keyboard. i quickly turned it over and let a fan blow onto it for a while. it seemed to be working okay but then i saw the 'are you sure you want to shut down' screen (like if the power button had been pressed), and then it turned off (as if the power button had been held down).

at this point, pressing the power button did nothing. i did some googling and decided to hold shift+option+command+power button and then press the power button. this turned it on but it turned off again when the bar got to about 30%.

next i reset the nvram and then tried safe mode. this works ONLY IF i hold down shift. like, i put some coins on the shift button, logged in, transferred all the data i needed onto my phone, then lifted the coins off. three seconds later it turned off.

any ideas?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ef2tvcqylcU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>shift+option+command+power button

i meant shift+ctrl+command+power button

fuck sake. i meant shift+ctrl+option+power button

From my experience repairing then, the board will oxidize and fail.

If you care about the computer, it will need an overhaul.

stop drinking coffee

>getting liquid on an electronic device
>not turning it off immediately (and removing battery if possible)

You played yourself

how come it works in safe mode though

learn microsoldering and actually fix it : )
the louis rossmann meme is real buddy

I've spilt cider and wine on my macbook pro, give it a week to dry out. Mine works fine.

>people risk drinking around their electronics
Plebs.

>literally Coffee Lake inside

call king manlet

>people are dumb enough not to be trusted with drinks around their electronics
Toddlers.

i'm not a Sup Forums regular, i dunno what this is

underrated

>coffee
>macbook
t. numale
i hope it broked

>any ideas?

see a frogger
pull the trigger

i never said i was drinking the coffee you dumb faggots

a mouthy 5 foot tall dweeb who talks shit on the internet about how great he is and how everyone else is stupid because he can read a manual and repair facebook machines

youtube.com/watch?v=Ef2tvcqylcU
seems easy to disassemble

But if you don't want to do it, put it in a warm place and let it completely dry, for a few days preferably.

>at bar with my thinkpad (I take it with me everywhere)
>people notice me & my laptop
>start talking about how awesome my thinkpad is
>"hey watch this" pour my beer over the keyboard then let it spill all over the floor
>onlookers are amazed at my sleek, stylish, durable laptop
>bartender gives me a free beer because he was also watching me

ok i'll just wait and hope for the best. cheers

Because the motherboard is still operational to some extent. Get it to a repair shop or clean the coffee residue yourself if you dare.

thats gay youre gay