Hey, remember when you said Skylake-X will be better than a 7700k in gaming?

Hey, remember when you said Skylake-X will be better than a 7700k in gaming?

Guess that's down the drain.

Other urls found in this thread:

guru3d.com/articles_pages/intel_core_i9_7900x_processor_review,22.html
youtube.com/watch?v=F6DnpjqUxW4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm thinking this is a fake, it has more cores and equal clocks, it can't possible be slower.

You just need to wait until Intel updates bios to let people utilize their chips to the fullest

Welcome to RINGBUS land.

T-this..

Thought they already released an update that fixed shit.

7700k confirmed for future proof. Probably the sandy bridge of our generation.

This is true, it's probably another paid AMD review

>implying AMD has enough money to pay for reviews

It gets better

>nuclear option
>alarm

Is this Israel's nuclear deterrent?

Sandy Bridge is the Sandy Bridge of our generation.

>what could have been a good CPU ruined by shitty thermals and power usage

Good job Intel
Guess making those cores 50% bigger than Zen ones had an effect.
On you killing yourself

>sacrificing l3 cache causes regressions in real-world scenarios
fucking well done intel. they literally managed negative ipc gains.

Nice

>w-wait for BIOS updates ..

Sorry but if really believe you can run it at same frequency without melting it's a lie.
Tom hardware tested a probably not golden chip and it said an aio can't hold it above stock. They found 70c delta on max oc.

>implying they need to at this point

>DDR3

What are you even trying to say, you tech-illiterate Sup Forums spillover? That SB's real world performance doesn't count because 4>3?

Another article shows that gaming performance is hamped by bios forcefully setting economic energy states. It seen Intel pushed it to mobos to enforce the 140w tdp, but as result performance suffers.
So you either have shit performance or furnace heat

But 4 is > 3. Math checks out.

Link? That's pretty hilarious if true. Like disabling Turboboost 3.0 by default.

>I won't lie, the past two weeks with the Core i7 7900X and the X299 boards I have tested have been an absolute challenge. Memory XMP profiles would not stick, power consumption with one BIOS was OK, the other through the roof. But most of all the processor performance was all over the place. We've seen perf differences of up-to 20% in-between merely different motherboards. MSI however with it's latest BIOS seems to have found equilibrium. Now the biggest fight the two weeks was ironically game performance, it was severely lacking. Example a platform like this should run Rise of the Tomb Raider at 140 FPS at 1080p on a GeForce GTX 1080. We'd end up at 90~100 FPS. And that problem occurred with pretty much all games. I have been discussing this with the motherboard partners (as yes it is widespread) and we all agreed, it has everything to do with 'hardware P states' that Intel recommends to leave enabled for the new platform. Intel recommends certain power states to keep the TDP in line, as otherwise they simply cannot achieve that 140W TDP. For most overall tests that worked out okay enough, but specifically the toll on game performance was abysmal. Days before this launch MSI however released and provided a new BIOS, this restored the performance to what it needs to be. But as you have been able to see, the power consumption is certainly on that high-side. In the end though, the performance is there, but we do expect several BIOS updates that will have an effect in performance overall, in gaming and on power-consumption.

Here you go

Jesus buttfucking christ. Blunder of the decade as far as CPU releases go.

Buldozer was a puff too. It just wasn't branded as the best technology for everything.

At least Lulldozer didn't cost an arm, a leg and a kidney.

at least p-states work, unlike on ryzen

They're working fine, you can even set custom P-states on Ryzen, probably on Intel too.

All this delicious FUDge, can't get enough.

>shiller nexus
>defending amd

>Hello, we are introducing the NEW lineup of IntelĀ® multicore processors
*clapping*
>18 cores! E I G H T E E N, you can have tomorrows performance TODAY
*excited murmuring*
>Now put your hands together for the Talking Heads!
*lights dim*
youtube.com/watch?v=F6DnpjqUxW4

At least kaby lake X delidded(tm) on a $250 x299 board with a $100 AIO can hit 5.3ghz. Seems like it would be a significant upgrade from my 4.8ghz 6600k for my 144hz pc. Pick up 4 threads and 500mhz.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRAP

Wait for bios updates.
These x299 Mobo are super new

Zen was shit before updates as well.

>1800X stock 3200mhz
what

1800x at stock with 3200mhz ddr4. It's labeled kinda poorly but that's what they mean. This game in particular is really shit example. There are far better games aat indicating performance across other games and ranking hardware. I think gta V and BF1 are both pretty good at this. The hierarchy of CPU's in both of those games is more or less carried over to other games.

This ladies and gentlemen, is what we call BAIT

ah I see, just glanced at it before
I heard gta v is pretty much complete garbage optimization wise