Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/philipl/pifs
pastebin.com/ffqpXx0c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>2d17
>he posting anime
Go to hell.

Fuck you and your shitty thread. Cunt.

What should I be using instead of a file manager?

bash and GNU coreutils

>being this guy
Fuckin zoz

>Fuckin zoz
zoz is pretty cool tbqh

zoz is one of the basiest hackers out there

who the hell has time for that?

who the hell has time for picking, clicking and scrolling through gooeys

cli is faster and more efficient if you're not a retarded winfag

just put shortcuts on the desktop or search for a file, its still faster and less clicks/taps

no, no its not

as someone who is used to both gui and cli, I can assure you that cli is much more efficient
and you, as someone who obviously hasn't, have no basis on which to judge

am forced to use it for work, ended up making bash scripts to cd to all the places i need to go and call whatever i need to do

ok, so ponder this:
i need to find a photo of that qtπ from the new years party two years back, i have my photos in folder by year and they are all named "IMG_20170617_110140.jpg" or whatever.
much faster to find that specific photo with a ui. Sort by date, image preview - done

that's what feh is for

at that point you are just using inferior Sup Forums-tier knockoffs of real and well designed image/file browsers

feh run from the command line is more powerful than any graphical file manager for managing images

I can bind actions like moving images to different directories to numbers and sort them out faster than it could ever be done with a normal file manager

i dont want to repeat myself but here we go:
who the hell has time for that?

I don't want repeat myself, but here we go:
>I can bind actions like moving images to different directories to numbers and sort them out faster than it could ever be done with a normal file manager
the time you waste by typing out one line in the terminal is compensated by the time you save just selecting images

not everyone here is as autistic as you pal. But I'm glad that you are using your power of autism to good use.

Did someone try fman? The concept sounds interesting, basically a very st3-inspired filemanager: Python Plugin API, mostly keyboard driven, similar looks.

>GNU

>not ash and busybox

bad thread.

>2017
>The year of our lord
>Still hasn't disabled page file

which terminal emulator are you using?

anime website
Also you need to go back

urxvt

>Uses a GUI
Maybe r/pcmasterrace is more your speed

st is the only acceptable terminal to use

I'll try it one day

>websites are incapable of changing in purpose over almost 15 years of existence and diversification of content

weebs are so entitled

>he said this as he post in a technology board
>he said this in a non-weebshit containment board

Fucking bleach drinkers, I swear

>non weeb board
Bruh you blind?

nice meme

>want to copy file
>drag from one pane to another in gui
>open up the terminal then type "cp fuck/knows/how/long/of/a/path/it's/gonna/be.jpg god/where/the/fuck/do/i/wanna/put/it/"
wow so much faster holy crap mom look at me i'm SOOOOOO efficient XDXD

You just use autocomplete 13 times, duh.

how else do you manage your files?

There are file managers for the terminal, I'm more than certain OP meant a GUI file manager since mc and ranger is very popular on Sup Forums. With ranger you can even do image previews on certain terminals.

ITT people who don't know the difference between CLI, GUI and TUI

this is so autistic i hope who ever made this has a heart attack

>2k17
>uses a computer

too bad ranger is written in a shíll language

Also OP is just a 12 year old kid who has just learn to do cd. dir and now thinks to be "le ebin hxxor xD"

how did you upload a picture without a file manager's file picker dialogue?
I bet you use firefox

can't command line that shit without passing captcha

>2017
>still saving to files
>not storing all your data in the butt

I don't see a reason to use ranger, mc or any other file manager, gui or not

different user, I try to cut corners sometimes with variables I have exported in my .profile
Still use thunar heavily though but starting to use keyboard more often on it. Barely configured it with custom actions, god those are a pain to keymap after every change.
I3+XFCE is getting pretty damn comfy, been hopping all over the place. Just biding my time until SWAY improves so I can get rid of screen tearing and retain most of my configuration.

A thread died for this.

>2017
>using physical drives to store your data
>not storing all your data in strings of digits of pi
github.com/philipl/pifs

good

Why are you faggots fighting over this of all things?

Post dat Haruhi

TUI is GUI

because a lot of people who post in this board are straight up retarded

it's called funposting, user

>not zsh

but in the GUI you have to click a zillion times to get to fuck/knows/how/long/of/a/path/it's/gonna/be.jpg and god/where/the/fuck/do/i/wanna/put/it/
Sounds like you store your files chaotically. You should take better care of your data, user.

found the iphone user

50 rupees added to your account :^)

in what way is zsh better?

clicking something is much faster than typing a long path manually and holding some key many seconds to fix something if you made a typo because you cant select that text with a mouse like you can in guis.

now remove x and try that with the real terminal.

>what is autocompletion
it's faster to type one or two letters for each directory while pressing tab than searching for it with your eyes in the gui and pointing and clicking

Go Back.

and scrolling and whatnot

k17
>>uses a file manager
>he doesn't use mc
>he doesn't use FAR
>he doesn't use TC
Are you retarded? Enjoy your inefficient workflow, faggot.

why

>what is autocomplete
>what are shell scripts
baka desu

third time's the charm

>implying

how do you solve the captcha
can I have that script?

because the bloated x terminal emulators are still guis.

so?
>bloated
whatever you say

st is the only terminal emulator that does not use >10mb ram. and people that use x terminal emulators do that just so they can shitpost on Sup Forums and they need to google the commands and paste them in their terminal and thats not possible without x.

not bad user, not bad

it's bit of a half rushed mess but here you go

pastebin.com/ffqpXx0c

thanks, user

>2000+17
>Ignores that Sup Forums is just Sup Forums 2.0
Fucking newfags

You just made literally the single best post on Sup Forums in over a year.

Sup Forums is not Sup Forums 2.0, it's a shitty fork of Sup Forums stored in a different branch of the same repository that nobody cares about

This definition is fine too

this board is for technology not anime posts that have nothing to do with technology. its fine if the post with an anime image has something technology related in it too but it does not belong on Sup Forums if the post is only about anime.

It doesn't matter how you store and access your data, the effort put into developing quicker ways to find an address are better spent finding better ways to store and arrange those addresses

Essentially, if you're organized enough, the two methods are effectively identical

Image preview so you don't have to open them individually is the selling point for ranger for me, but I only use it if I need it.

see

I don't care about feh, can feh move files?

Yes.

y-you too

What about would feh still work even with X disabled?

yes, see example:
lets say you want to move some images from ~/downloads to ~/images/anime and ~/images/wallpapers
you can start feh like this
feh --action1 'mv %F ../images/anime' --action2 'mv %F ../images/wallpapers'

you can make a wrapper to shorten the switches to something like
feh -1 'mv %F ../images/anime' -2 'mv %F ../images/wallpapers'

or since you move files a lot, maybe even make the wrapper parse -m{1..9} just as switches for moving files to the argument passed to them
feh -m1 ../images/anime -m2 ../images/wallpapers

now you can just press 1 to move the image to anime and 2 to move it to wallpapers when you're in feh
you can open it in thumbnail mode, and still pres 1 or 2 to move images while selecting the thumbnails
using feh is the most efficient way to sort images that I've found

Isn't anime. A.I. is a virtual youtuber.

no, I guess ranger is the only way to go outside of xorg for now at least

*bacharu yuchuba

someone should make feh work in the framebuffer
how hard can it be?
links2 works fine and displays images in the framebuffer