Why does Android suck so fucking much now? It was so nice and stable feeling back in the KitKat days...

Why does Android suck so fucking much now? It was so nice and stable feeling back in the KitKat days. Or was I just younger and less picky?
Remember when you didn't need to use MTP?
Remember when stuff was fast?
Remember when it felt like a really clean computer with a good touch screen interface, rather than an IOT PDA?

Other urls found in this thread:

money.cnn.com/2016/09/13/technology/apple-ios-10-bricks-iphones/index.html)
support.google.com/nexus/answer/4457705?hl=en#nexus_devices
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kitkat killed direct file system access and added stupid SD card permissions. And Dalvik was/is stuttery trash. Stop getting so nostalgia'd.

The fuck are you talking about? Kitkat had a terrible battery optimization and terrible lag. After updating from 4 to 6 my device literally never freezes anymore and has a much better battery life. But yes, MTP is cancer.

those battery """optimizations"""" are literally just making the phone stay asleep all the time. now instead of actually getting notifications when you should, your phone only wakes up every half hour or so to check.

Which is good. You can't expect app devs to give a shit about your battery life. At least you no longer need those placebo meme """battery saving apps""" like greenify.

so you're just a neet with nothing important going on in his life. people with jobs and a social life can't afford getting important notifications half an hour late just because their OS is so shit at battery management. this is why adults use iPhones.

>Remember when you didn't need to use MTP?
Literally the only thing that has changed for the worse. You just looking at it through rose tinted glasses if you think there is anything else good about it, dalvik was slow ass cancer.

I get all my notifications immediately, with only up to 5 second delay if I'm not using my phone. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about, just like any other iToddler.

Android has always been shitty.

Terrible devices that have terrible support (2 years = lol)
Terrible software that always crash (Phone has stopped working.)
Terrible integration and using terrible old technologies (SMS? No visual voicemail?)

Get yourself an iPhone and enjoy ~5 years of dedicated support, day one updates and customer service that actually cares about you.

>not knowing about sockets
basically, when doze is working, the only service running is the jewgle cloud messaging which it keeps a socket open to receive push notifications.
Basically is you're a dev and care about battery life you must use GCM.

Kill yourselves shills. This thread isn't about your phisher price toys.

>MTP
you can thank Microsoft for that crap

Oh yeah iPhonez are so gr8 m8, android is shit rite xD?

hi red star

>Terrible devices that have terrible support (2 years = lol)
blame Qualcomm for that.
If Google could make their own SoCs they could give 4-5 year support for their Nexus/Pixel.

> Get yourself an iPhone and enjoy ~5 years of dedicated support, day one updates and customer service that actually cares about you.
t. brainlet

Get yourself a Nexus and enjoy ~support until phone dies, day one updates and customer service that actually cares about and even let you help them with solving problems of others and EVEN let YOU solve the problem.

Captcha: forest corona. Yes, you seem like saint troglodyte.

>~
is that a negation?

Meh, in a year my Netflix app has gone from always working to hardly working. Same for Firefox. I keep my phone pretty clean but shit is constantly updating and going into shit.

>support until phone dies
only 18 months of updates for Nexus phone
>day one updates
Staggered roll out means updates may not happen on day one and may take 2+ weeks to fully roll out
>customer service actually care about...
Apple has better customer service than almost any other company, certain better than Google. This is not disputable

>Staggered roll out means updates may not happen on day one and may take 2+ weeks to fully roll out
at least they don't send buggy updates to everyone like apple did for iOS 10.
(money.cnn.com/2016/09/13/technology/apple-ios-10-bricks-iphones/index.html)

>Google not sending out buggy Nexus updates
Google is notorious for sending out updates with bugs and then just ignoring it and never fixing them. Bluetooth on the Galaxy Nexus for example

But they do still get security updates, right? Samsung still pushes security updates for S5.

MTP was always required for internal storage, only sd cards could be accesed in MSC mode.
Kitkat is slower than Nougat, both in UI and in benchmarks.
The UI was meh as well.
But to be fair, kitkat was the first truly usable Android version.

When I wrote I thought of LineageOS, not botnet "pure" android.

support.google.com/nexus/answer/4457705?hl=en#nexus_devices

2 years of OS updates. Security updates for 3 years or 18 months from not being sold on the google store, whichever is longer

>Get yourself a Nexus and enjoy...
Yea you definitely made it clear you were talking about LinageOS and not the Nexus as is comes out of the box

That's not even bad. 3 years of updates is enough considering people switch devices every 2-3 years.

>lineageos
kek

What phonefag you are selling yourself to Google? We are on Sup Forums, faggot, not on reddit. Who the fuck give a shit about true botnet?

>support until the phone dies
You've been memed. My N5 stopped getting updates after Android 6. I don't even get security patches now. Their policy (even for the latest Pixel) is two years of updates and three years of security patches.

>planned obsolescence is acceptable because idiots fall for it

OP I remember the times where Android was completely and utterly unusable. I think you're working backwards or have a terrible, terrible device.

I use a moto G4 with this ROM that I follow frequently which is not too popular. I have decent battery life, it's fast, I can multitask however I fucking please, I can customize everything about it and have it as clean as I want, and the best of all, that phone is cheap as shit these days.

I've been on android since g1 days. It's the best it's ever been from my perspective. Code seems optimized so they don't need power beast fuck tons of RAM phones to run it well.