Silicon Valley Giants Carry More Weight Than Many Countries

Silicon Valley giants are more powerful than many of the nations of the world, which why places like Denmark have employed their first ‘techplomat’

trunews.com/article/silicon-valley-giants-carry-more-weight-than-many-countries

>(COPENHAGEN) The top firms in California's Silicon Valley carry more weight on the global stage than many countries, which makes building diplomatic relations with them increasingly important, the world's first national technology ambassador said. Chosen to fill what his country's foreign ministry has dubbed the first "techplomacy" posting on the U.S. West Coast, Denmark's Casper Klynge will be tasked with building direct ties between his country and the likes of Facebook, Apple and Alphabet's Google.

>"We are to continue doing traditional diplomacy with countries and organizations, but we also have to start looking into what relation you can have with these big tech companies," Klynge told Reuters in an interview. The aim was to help Denmark understand the impact of rapid changes in digital technology while promoting the country's interests and values - setting up a channel of communication that would also benefit the companies. "If you look at these companies' involvement and significance for you and me, many of them have a much greater degree of influence than most nations," he said in comments cleared for publication late on Friday. In economic terms, the new partners are comparable.

>Denmark's 2016 gross domestic product was 2.06 trillion Danish crowns ($310 billion), sitting between Facebook's current $437 billion market value and the $185 billion of Oracle Corp. With tech companies under growing pressure to share encrypted information to prevent terrorism, Klynge also identified the ability of radical individuals or groups to exploit online platforms as a key issue.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sYASelim3Ok#t=38s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>companies that produce absolutely nothing like Facebook supposedly more powerful than actual nations because they claim more value in funny money
No.

>Implying someone like Facebook or Google isn't more powerful than half of Europe

>With tech companies under growing pressure to share encrypted information to prevent terrorism, Klynge also identified the ability of radical individuals or groups to exploit online platforms as a key issue

Oh fuck off. This has bugger all to do with terrorism, you see a tool for population control and you want in.

when a government wants to know about someone they ask the social media giants

information is the single most valuable commodity in the world and they sit on a mountain of it, just handed to them by their users

TJING TJANG TJING LUTTI LAAAJ !!!

>the irony
Seems like the government is the one with the power from the scenario you describe.

>Denmark wants to start collecting mass amounts of information on everyone
Sounds familiar....

>implying Zuckerberg didn't pay $20 billion for a chat app that produces "absolutely nothing"
They could literally buy half of Europe and make us wear those stupid shirts
It's a FAANG world, you're just living in it buddy

Surely you'd agree that companies like Facebook are over-valued

At least the government (ideally) is supposed to be held accountable to the people

In the case of Facebook, it is a private organization held accountable to Zuckerberg/Sandberg

which half?

They don't have any actual power like a real government does. Nobody is willing to die for them.

Eastern mainly

What is this "trunews" psycop? Am I the only one noticing this shit

I notice more and more when I browse Sup Forums instead of wanting to get more tech I'm considering ditching more tech and getting closer to living the simple life.

>yfw Google creates a private military of robot soldiers

Yet.

eh, it makes me sad that hardware and computers like T420s and X220s are going to be obsolete completely any time now. No more falling back to the good old days and time to face reality. I just wanted a countryside house with my retro tech not being retro and actually up to date........ i want to go back

>not getting a clevo

smhtbhfam

i mean yeah but. You know what I meant, I wanna get away from MacBook-esque designs of form over function and have a thicc slab of computer that goes for 9 hours like my EliteBook 8460p.

it's from this podcast youtube.com/watch?v=sYASelim3Ok#t=38s

I started to think its only a matter of time when Intel stopped making desktop boards and looking at the data that more than half of sales are for mobile devices not desktops and over half of browsers are mobile too.

thats a valid line of thinking but, what they're gonna do instead is make their CPUs and MoBos shittier so they die more often.

Defeated by a flight of stairs. Robotics today is nothing but a pathetic joke.

My line of thinking is that normies are going to vote with their wallets and so companies will stop making desktops and laptops because they are not profitable and only make mobile phones and I think thats the end is coming because I've always thought that mobile experience is really extremely shitty and retarded.

why are they making bipeds when four legs is superior, especially when you can have 4 legs and any arms.

I fucked up and deleted all the pictures on my computer. Are there any free programs out there that can recover all my files? Seriously just lost several years worth of family photos...

Unplug the computer, take out the hard drive if you can, and give it to a professional service (you'll have to research on this) and have them recover it for you

>Defeated by a flight of stairs

That was years ago.