/bsd/ - BSD and Other Things

BSD General Thread. Because why not?
IRC: #baot on irc.rizon.net ("BSD and Other Things")

What are the differences between *BSD and Linux?over-yonder.net/~fullermd/rants/bsd4linux/01

Ask questions, get answers
Discuss how you use BSD
etc.

freebsd.org openbsd.org netbsd.org pcbsd.org dragonflybsd.org

First for not using BSd

Second for reporting you

Third for not caring

Besides Firefox, is there a way to browse the web without being tracked by Google Analytics and such with OpenBSD? If not, is the Firefox sandboxing fine for security?

Seamonkey --no-scripts

Fourth for "you probably suffer from a depression, resulting in being unable to hierarchise your actions and thinking that claiming to not use BSD in a BSD thread is satisfying".

You should see a therapist, maybe ask your GP to recommend you someone.

Yes, but is Seamonkey secure? Is blocking Javascript enough to be safe?

(thank you)

Not that guy, but feeling slightly better for having learned a new word.

There is Iridium browser in OpenBSD repo.
-stable has old 54 version (not sure if there is some long-term support version of chromium), but -current (would recommend for desktop) has newest release.

Also Chromium has pledge bindings (and so Iridium as well I guess)

Or maybe I was just bored.
Projection detected. Enjoy your empty thread because BSD is shit.

Wrong, it's good.

BSD mostly unaffected by today's Qualys report, meanwhile Linux is destroyed in ten different ways.

Huh interesting, I wonder why FreeBSD is dragging their feet on importing pledge? Could it be NIH syndrome?

disallow cookies and all that shit and don't run any javascript

bsd is not that bad...

FreeBSD is a good desktop if you run non-free software (vidya) as it support Nvidia non-free driver, Linux compat games and WINE.

If you only wish to run free software, OpenBSD is a great alternative as well and a lot of common attack vectors are in base and audited. (X, doas, remote services).

>over-yonder
You keep posting this shitty autistic rant as if it proves anything besides BSD along with its turd userbase is permanently stuck in the 80s. Entire thing is summed up as the classic "lol u dont need dat" as we see three decades disregarded in an instant because in this lost welfare only land of failure can you pretend to be better than everyone else for jacking said 30 years straight down the toilet.

Once I get some free time I need to make another anti-BSD site so that we can move on as a species and encourage more BSD shits to kill themselves. One of my favorite things about BSD is that there's nobody trying to sell it to you. Every linux distro's front page at least says something why this one is supposed to be better than all the rest. Every BSD distro's front page is "fuck off we think we're better than you".

BSD is the only one that does what I call a "quantum sale". You won't find any supposedly pro-BSD site trying to sell you on BSD except for the brief moments in which they say they're using it. They want you to want to use it but just stay away from actually using it, because if you try to use it then it threatens their made up loser IRC cred. Fake rant in OP's description is the best as every two sentences goes like, "Oh you should use BSD for this reason I can't get into right now, fuck off though".

I want to go hire some normie youtube celebrity and write all his anti-BSD dialogue so that everyone knows the hipster suicide game that BSD turds are playing so we can all ignore them once and for all and see their suicide rate go sky high. No BSD shit, in 1980, 1990, 2000, 2010, or 2020 actually wants you to use BSD so these threads are absolutely pointless except to demonstrate this game and how it has nothing to do with technology.

>whining about shitty autistic rants in a shitty autistic rant

cool counter argument losers
we all know your shitty faggot hipster game. it's time to end it all and stop soaking up welfare

I wasn't trying to provide a counter argument, I was just pointing out the irony of your post.

BSD = Bull Shit Distro

This kids, is the prime example of what you shouldn't be doing with your life.

GNU = Gigantic, Nasty and Unavoidable

Windows > macos > loonix > bsd = shit

Anyone here a NetBSD user? I tried it a long time ago on my Amiga not long before I bought a 386 to run Debian on, but it looks perfectly usable as a desktop today.

it's like almost any *nix

i prefer openbsd though, it's a fork of netbsd and it pretty much overtook it

*nix > Windows

I've been using OpenBSD since 2.6 and recently running FreeBSD on my desktop since Linux has taken a shit.

What would BSD need for year of desktop BSD?

Hypno toad from Futurama.