Hello Sup Forumsents. I was cleaning my grandpas house and found two of these stashed away carefully

Hello Sup Forumsents. I was cleaning my grandpas house and found two of these stashed away carefully.

Does anyone have any idea what this is and if it's worth something?

The closest of a hint I can give you is that it's probably some kind of a amateur radio component since grandpa was a huge HAM radio enthusiast (he had a giant spiderweb radio antenna on the roof for years). The body seems like a tube, the top part is painted metal (it's a heat sink of some sort).

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/2-x-GI-7BT-GI7BT-GI-7B-RUSSIAN-MICROWAVE-HF-VHF-UHF-POWER-TUBES-350W-LOOK-/172492374973?hash=item282958c3bd:g:JKgAAOSwE0JY9yhc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Her it is slightly rotated. The little text it has on it seems to be in chyrilic...

Looks like an old OTK-2.
Nice find.

radiator dude...

Can you tell me the use for it? I tried to find info online but didn't find shit...

Fuck... Here's the pic

Ceramic heat sink?

That's a Mark 1 Hitachi wand attachment

Don't touch that it releases mustard gas

You can use that to mortar enemy nazi bases

it's a spark plug dum dum

Radiator knob

It's a light bulb

ebay.com/itm/2-x-GI-7BT-GI7BT-GI-7B-RUSSIAN-MICROWAVE-HF-VHF-UHF-POWER-TUBES-350W-LOOK-/172492374973?hash=item282958c3bd:g:JKgAAOSwE0JY9yhc

nice find OP, I want one for my pirate radio

>tfw we will never have a Pirate Radio General because of FCC niggers

why would you shape a heat dissipation attachment like that?

don't be a pussy
who is gonna catch you?

good job

the Sup Forums party van

Ease of grip

The FCC
I live in a small town so it wouldn't be hard to track down the signal back to my place

Many of the high power tubes have blowers on them.

Can I have some info on what I'm looking at here?
I know nothing about radio tech but its always interested me

>if it's worth something?
It contains 3 gramms of silver.
>$55.00 for two
Holy shit. You can get them for 5-10$ on a russian ham boards.

nope. feels like ceramic coated metal

Holy fuck user, thank you!

The thing in the middle is the roller inductor, it changes the inductance on the tube for specific frequencies. The coil on the left is a tank coil, the specific wires are placed for specific frequency ranges. The red coil is a plate choke. Round black thing is a transformer. The rf tube is the thing in the top left.

It's just a soviet military grade ceramic. And i'm pretty sure this radiator cold be easily removed by undoing one nut on the top.

the FCC is in your town?

They will be when he starts broadcasting on commercial bands companies paid alot of money for the right to use.

I've done some digging now that I know what the thing is. Yes it's a military grade microwave UHF tube. And they can fetch some decent money if they work.
I found some other vintage radio stuff (recievers, transmitters, reel-to-reels) so if I catch the time I'll take some pictures and post them here on Sup Forums if someone's interested?

alot isn't a word

You didn't use any punctuation or capitalization.

so?

what isn't a word?

stop being a spelling nazi