New system gets introduced in the Netherlands where you can use your smartphone as public transport travel card

>New system gets introduced in the Netherlands where you can use your smartphone as public transport travel card
>The app is released for Android only
How long untill iPhone users need to have an android phone for actual usage besides their Apple fashion accessory

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/boboseye/eye-take-your-phone-to-the-next-level
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>the botnet now knows which subway lines you take so they can show you your favorite ads on the station's walls while you wait

Yeah it's horrible, thank god I own a bike

how long did it take you to not be all sweaty by the time you get to your job after riding the bike, my friend arjen?

>europoors are too poor to buy a car and actually use public transportation
how bizarre.

iOS 11 is introducing some basic NFC support. I think it's only for reading tags, but baby steps. 11.something or 12 will probably provide Android-tier NFC.

>the botnet now knows
>now
they track your location 24/7 already

In my country, in my region there is a union of public transport - they recently released some nfc/rfid cards and NO APP. in a fucking 2017 with cards emulation available on android there is no app. Not even an app for checking your balance.

:-------DDD

yeah but they can't know if you're walking over the station or if you're at the station just by GPS ;^)

I refugee, I no pay

>tfw to white for this to work

Looks like its released on Android only because they're the only public transport plebs in the country. Also
>The Netherlands
Irrelevant.

Cool, it's about time

Hahaha, it's pretty relaxed actually. Roads are packed and subways are crowded but on your bike you just peacefully ride to work and insult some other cyclists

Yes they can. The train moves much faster than any human.

>owning an asset that only depreciates in value
>having to park 12 blocks away from where you're meant to be

Sounds like a good deal pal

you could be on you car driving on top of the subway line ;^)

>had a note 5 when it first released so was able to get into the beta for samsung pay, and little later android pay
>"your bank does not support this feature"
>still doesnt work like 2 years later
>decide to move to ios for a bit and try out apple pay
>"your bank doesnt support this feature"
I have a feeling its gonna be the same with all shit like that for me, so ive pretty much given up on digital information holders

Why not change to a decent bank?

Might be an irrelevant share of the total userbase now but as long as iOS doesnt support NFC it wouldn't be possible anywhere

>buying a new car
>not buying a civic for $3k

Apple is stupid, but not that stupid.

If they have to comply to some NFC standards to be competitive they will.

I really miss the time I lived in the Netherlands. Your public transportation system and bikes are the best.

>Having a boring car
Sorry i can't hear plebs from my 06 bmw M3 and 09 Lincoln navigator.

you can literally use paypal with android pay now

Paris?

>how long did it take you to not be all sweaty by the time you get to your job after riding the bike
In what fucking 3rd world sweatshop do you live when you don't have access to a shower and a changing room at work?

I ride abike too. All fucking year long. I'm almost ready to sell my car at this point. Who the fuck needs em

Are you serious? Today and tomorrow we have train outages because
> it's been over 30 degrees C for two days

I have literally never heard a positive thing about our railroads before desu

>Shit app the compleely rapes your privacy and gives all your personal information to your government
>Android only

Seems fitting to me, senpaichi.

Try the systems in other countries and you'll have an idea of how much better it is in NL over just about anywhere.

>The app is released for Android only
Pretty sure that's just because it's in testing for now. A ton of shit about it doesn't even work, and all rides are full price for now if you use your phone.

They can probably figure it out based on the cell towers you end up connecting to and the speed you're traveling.

>a shower
>in an office building
not all of us work retail stacking boxes

Hasn't got much to so with being poor. Public transport is ridiculously expensive in the Netherlands. Cars are just utterly impractical in the cities where stuff actually happens.

>app
Meanwhile in Moscow it works with any device with nfc and gsm. Using smartwatch to go through subway turnstile is cyberpunk as fuck.

hey sergei, can i get your VK account username so i can track you throughout the day?

Yes, office buildings have showers here. Is that too much to handle?

sure they do faggot
go back to stacking boxes or your boss will get mad

>Implying you have a job, and aren't a basement dwelling NEET

You forgot under Tim Cuck it means you have to get an NFC dongle for only $59.99.

You should get those self projections looked at by a professional.

Not him but my factory job has a changing room with showers but no one ever uses them.

Wait up, i'm gonna tell my boss to install a shower on my cubicle.

Did you miss Apple pairing with Suica in Japan?

You are tempting me to snap a pic but then I realized you're just trolling.

Or you're an American who can literally not comprehend the fact that in the Netherlands your employer actually places facilities for their employees.

Our shower isn't used much either. Just during LAN parties (once a year or so).

>hurr durr ure trolling so i wont post my nonexistent proof

> cubicle
Do US offices really have cubicles? Are they seriously discouraging exchange of information among coworkers?

I lived in Germany and Czech for 6 months, traveled most of Europe by train and still don't know how one can ever claim it's relatively good

: ^ )

>reddit spacing
;^)

i want this so much in my country

i don't even care if its botnet

>>The app is released for Android only
F-FUCKING POORFAGS RRREEEEEE

>I don't know what a cubicle is but I'll act like I do
protip: the office, the american version, sums up what an office environment can look like in the US, whether it be cubicles or separate offices
>discouraging exchange of information among coworkers
Are you retarded?

Old way:
>hold your wallet or phone cover with rfid card inside next to the reader.

New way:
>Open App on phone, if your battery is dead you can't travel or call a taxi.

How is this better?
It's just like that juicer with an internet connection and app.

>the office, the american version

hint: nobody watches that unfunny crap.

Who said anyone did?

Applefags or are too rich to take public transportation

or too poor to take public transportation

so in the end it doesn't matter

I just flew Ryan air and took the rail into the city I actually wanted to be in when I backpacked Europe. That experience is much better than American train and plane travel.

This shit isn't groundbreaking either, NJTransit already has something like this where you can use your phone as a monthly pass

old way
>buy a card that is not linked to you personally at all and charge it
>hold it over the reader to pass through
new way
>download an app that requires permissions to access all of the personal data on you device
>link a credit card to it
>have to open the app or interact with your phone to scan it through the reader

I would estimate more than 50% of people on public transportation during rush hours in the Netherlands use an iPhone.

For starters everyone has a job, else they wouldn't be using public transport during rush hours.

You know someone is dutch when he starts ranting about the railways

I actually went full botnet mode on my card as well.
Including automatic charging and photo ID.

Did I already mention the fact that Apple paired with Suica which meant that basically overnight you could use your iPhone (or iWatch) at practically any JR station, some non-JR lines, JR buses, most convenience stores, most McDonalds, Suica enabled vending machines and anywhere else that accepts Suica?

tfw I spend 150 euros a month on one hour tickets just to avoid the fucking ov-chipkaart botnet

>Japan
>Company has a name that sounds like suicide
how cliche

That's the problem.

Apple wants to monopolize payments through iPhones.
That's why Apple banned this Dutch public transport app, which they see as a competitor for Apple Pay.

Nothing loses value faster than an expensive car. There are much better places to use that money.

Most aren't as fun though

Can't you still buy anonymous cards?

I have an anonymous card in my saddle bag for emergencies when I go road cycling. (in case I can't make it back for whatever reason)
...which I am fairly sure still works?

Yes if you buy a brand new Dodge, Ford or Honda that will lose over 50% of it's value in two years. My bmw m3 which I've had for two years barely lost any value in comparison. Buying pleb cars is for fucking idiots.

In the Netherlands no cars are fun.
Because this is a strict no fun zone with speed cameras everywhere.
One more reason why so many people use public transport or cycle to work.

>suica
>sounds like suicide
Only if you're an idiot and use the soft c sound. It's a "ka" sound.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

Do backroads not exist in the Netherlands? I mean, it's not like I'm suggesting to open the throttle in the middle of the city.

>Do backroads not exist in the Netherlands?

Nope

It's essentially one big city.

What a shithole

How long until amounts can be have into burner accounts

My shitty retail job has a shower, but the hot water doesn't work so no one uses it.

You can, but tracing it back to you is still fairly easy as they can just open their database (which they have, they say they dont have it but they do) and just type in a list of journeys you make a lot. If you reload your pass with a bank card once it's also deanonymized. (Yes, I'm hella autistic when it comes to privacy)

Just go to Flevoland senpai, there are plenty of those endless straight roads in the Noordoostpolder that have never seen an officer before

>being an advanced 1st world country with AAA rating and economy based on high tech makes you a "shithole"
OK, Bubba.

>endless straight roads

Yeah, loads of fun.....

I like driving on holidays in mountainous terrain.
But driving in the Netherlands is just boring.

>iOS 11 is introducing some basic NFC support.
wait... what!!? iOS has no NFC support?

They have that in Lisbon too. How can I emulate my transport card on my Android?

>the american version is unfunny
:^)

No he's talking out of his ass.

The iPhone hardware and OS are perfectly capable.
Apple just doesn't allow 3rd party payment systems in the App store.
If they want to bring this to the iPhone they will have to use Apple Pay, and probably charge the travelers something like 20 cents extra for every journey.

>whole country's a city
Yes, certainly a shithole

Yes, it's absolutely terrible, stay away.

Don't worry, there's an iphone accessory to solve this problem

kickstarter.com/projects/boboseye/eye-take-your-phone-to-the-next-level

I'm not saying the city's bad, I'm saying that since it's essentially just one big city, it's a shithole.

Ok, so the hardware allows it, but iOS is retarded.

>Projecting.
Your ass probably builds projectors in that sweatshop. What the fuck is wrong with your office building? Why do you work for a company to poor to provide something this basic?

It's not retarded, it's just business.

Apple thinks they can make more money by restricting its users from using certain types of apps.

The only retarded people are those who buy a smartphone with such restrictions.

Maybe they struck a deal with google but not apple when it came to their usual 30% cut on in app purchases.

30% is a lot when it comes this shit, this isn't some digital coin you can just conjure out of thin air.
it is a real life transit system that has a set year over head that needs revenue.

It's an office building, not a gym.

Amsterdam is unironically a shithole. The rest of the country can be pretty comfy.

t. American who just spent two weeks in De Neder

>his office doesn't even have a gym

I've even worked in an office with a rock climbing wall.

The only shitty part is the American tourists.

I met very few American tourists but lots of chinks.

Worst part was everyone trying to either scam you or forcefully sell you drugs. No police presence in the city unless there's a soccer game on.

Alkmaar was my favorite place.

>bragging about owning a car that is slower than a civic
it's like I'm on /o/

IPhone, where you have to hold the front of the phone awkwardly at the thing because nfc doesn't work through aluminum

>using the smiley with a carat nose

>I own a bike
Why are bikers in the Netherlands so fucking aggressive? Like honestly, you're more likely to get run over by a cyclist that being drunk and stoned and getting hit by a car.