Local cuisine thread?

local cuisine thread?

This is the pride of my region. I live in Iowa

Other urls found in this thread:

easteuropeanfood.about.com/od/bohemianczechdumplings/r/Traditional-Czech-Bread-Dumplings-Recipe.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the best and underrated as fuck tbqh

>Iowa

DELETE THIS

NYC here.

how much fiber in the paper ?

>this gets the approval from the Amerifat

mite b good desu

the mayo is too much

This is from Jew York

can you explain this to me? looks kind of like pulled pork

So basically a schnitzel

I didn't know NY owned the BLT?

no bacon

it is a philly cheesesteak but with ground beef with lettuce and tomato

I'll take one without mayo

I'm from new york but that sounds gross

I can admit that Philly did something right (with the cheesesteak)

The sloppy slaw burger.

you're not from the bronx then whiteboi

some 'scoe's

if you offered me that I would not eat it

ncie

Don't mind me, I am simply passing by.

can't even tell what this is

I'm scared

I have to be the only Iowan who isn't crazy about tenderloins.
Still looking forward to Turkey legs when the yearly fair starts in a couple weeks.

nothing special

too healthy

i want it

A torta ahogada is a typical dish from the Mexican state of Jalisco, particularly in the city of Guadalajara. Although it is popular in some other parts of Mexico, it is most popular in Jalisco. It is called "drowned" because the sandwich is submerged totally or partially in a sauce made primarily of a dried chili pepper called chile de árbol. Less spicy versions of the sandwich, made with a tomato-based sauce, are also available.

Tortas ahogadas are made with birote bread (also called bolillo), characteristic of the region. Specifically, it is made with birote salado, which has a thick, crunchy crust and softer interior, which is more salty than sweet. The consistency of the bread permits the sandwich to be submerged in sauce without crumbling or dissolving. The bread is sliced open on one side and the sandwich is filled with chopped, fried pork. Fillings of chicken, beans, and cheese are sometimes available. The sandwiches are served with onion rings, radishes, avocados and chili peppers.

I'm not sure what any of it is, but I would eat it in a heartbeat.

y'all are missin out

Waffles and fried chicken were meant each other. Gravy + maple syrup combines the best breakfast sauces of the north and south to create an all-American dish. Best appreciated with a blunt beforehand and a tall beer to wash it down.

My nigga.

It's non-Pasteurized I'm not sure you guys are allowed to eat it over there

of course we arent dont be a retard like our government

I would like to make you try it but probably wont be able to get through the customs

holy fuck dude you are making me retch

stop

KEK
Wisconsin cheese...cheese! it's good :D
Southeast Louisiana here
>Pic

>Australian

Get out

Do Americans make any human sized meals? How do you even eat a hamburger without turning disjointing your jaw?

Also

It's the bread. Most restaurants try to be fancy with the presentation. There is no way to eat it gracefully, typically I have to eat it with a fork and knife. American meal portions correlate the size of the people.

I have a really big mouth from all the dick I suck so hamburgers are no problem for me

Pics or GTFO big guy.

Those big things aren't hamburgers. Their burgers are pissweak.

show me a burger

Apparently I can't. I'm searching for them right now but Google just keeps returning American ones.

this triggers the Magyar

this isn't food
this isn't foodthis isn't foodthis is food

>Dat bread.
>Dat stew.
Hnnnnggg, what's that.

Guláš

Also it's not bread, but dumplings

representing tha 909

i live near seattle so

Oh, those dumplings looked fucking good, do you have the recipe? I tried one time to make pierogi but it ended meh.

this is probably the tastiest looking food in the thread, gotta be honest

>Dat Gloss.
Fuckign delicious.

here you go man: easteuropeanfood.about.com/od/bohemianczechdumplings/r/Traditional-Czech-Bread-Dumplings-Recipe.htm

good luck

just for you

One of the best tapa, and very simple to make after you get the octopus.

I'd eat all of these in a heart beat
God I wish I wasn't broke and in the middle of ramadan

Shucos

Hnnng, looks based, do you guys use chocolate too for meat or it's a cured chile based sauce?
Thanks bro, those dumpling look so fluffy.

This guy should clean his nails before preparing food.

It uses chocolate, it's very delicious.

It's the reason I don't complain about Oaxacans moving into my neighborhood.

get that shit outta here. tried it at waffle house once and it tasted like burnt breakfast sausage with a sandy texture.

>It's a thinly veiled "it's ramadan, post food" thread

fuck all of you

Poor fellah, I tought Lebanon was mainly christian, or is this a thing of the past?
Mexican food is more varied than I tought, they have very interesting foods.

I miss having proper French cheeses, especially mimolette. Fug.

desu it's disgusting, but cheap. I laugh when i am in some restaurant in another state and it totes itself as preparing scrapple as a classic PA cuisine. It's only a step above dogfood.

If you'd call it pörkölt and not gulyás it'd be fine desu

Cheese is disgusting tbqh

Forgot food

Peasant food best food.

I used to dismiss Mexican food as 'same 5 ingredients in a different order' until I got out and explored different restaurants in Los Angeles. I'd now say it has more variety and a wider range of flavors than French, Spanish, or Italian cuisine.

Jamon serrano, that beats everything.

that looks nasty,
I'mma have salmon for tonight,
thanks for inspiration, ameribro

That's are some major words bruh, in those three countries gastronomy is king, we have recipes for everything.
A good iberico is the best comfort food, ever. Sliced thin and let it melt in your mouth...

>nasty
I don't think it means what you think it means

nasty =/= tasty

>that pic
>muh fucking dick

desu

Looks gray bro.Tough I like couscous.

Typical food from my region. It's orecchiette (pasta) and cime di rapa (veg from there)

That looks a tasty snack desu

What is this?!?

burek

I fucking love pastries. This looks delicious. Never seen it before desu

this thing

the only thing you can see being sold on the streets at night

Is that a fucking Texas flag

yeah they seceded earlier today

>Colombia
I doubt that's the ONLY thing.

they are strong words, but Mexico has indigenous and Spanish traditions and a wider variety of ingredients. The only thing they don't have a lot of variety in is cheese, but that's because of the climate.

Here's chiles nogada, it's made from chilis stuffed with pulled pork, spices, fresh cheese, and salsa made with pears, peaches, and apples. The sauce is made with mashed walnuts and pomegranate.