Post your town thread

Post a picture of the town/city you live in, or just the view from your room, I want to see how you all live

Pic related

this is a profiling thread

I live next to this

View from my balcony (though it's night right now).

>keep newtown weird
fuck off mate

And the city in general.

I fucking hate what it's become. I far predate the influx of hipsters.

What the fuck this shit looks straight out of Latin America.

you were born before the 1970s?

Old colonial buildings from the mid to late 19th century.

Looks nice in any case. Just no my idea of Australia tbqh.

This pic was taken yesterday. It was amazing the lighting outside, so orange.

>tfw you can never move back to Montreal

Feels bad, man.

You're joking right? Prior to the early 90's it was for poor students, immigrants, gays and junkies. Huge junkie problem. It had no mainstream interest, and was considered unsafe for families.

Of course, you don't read about that on the wikipedia page, do you?

>Never

Literally what is stopping you? Just get a shit job and get a room in a flat. Montreal is basically just that, 300-400$ a month all included flats with a bunch of other people.

from the living room

my house when I bought it

My wife's an American and Quebec has their own set of immigration laws.

I could move there alone no problem, but...yeah.

this would be very pretty as I'm sure most of montreal is but if that's HDR that is way too god damn much

Do half of the canadians here live in sudbury or do you just post a lot?

never been to anaheim but boy do I miss socal

norcal is better though

Can I move to Montreal? Please? What are the rules?

this is the most american McHouse I've ever seen

this could be literally anywhere

Florida? Missouri? Texas? Washington?

Ugly as fuck

There's a disproportionate amount of posters from Sudbury on Sup Forums. I've come across at least five separate anons in the last month or so.

But to be fair, we have two colleges and a university, and there's really not much to do BUT shitpost, so...you know.

Kuala Lumpur.

Might post a view from my balcony soon.

I miss the bay :(

so much good shopping and good asian/indian food and so many qt asian girls who are smart with good jobs and the weather is perfect and fuuuuug I need to get a job there asap

>this is the most american McHouse I've ever seen
you say that like it's a bad thing

You were right the first time, Floriduh here

comfy but gets boring eventually

You guys are adorable.

What's it like to live in a dying province?

yeah I know this because I'm the OP and from the pic you can see I live in florida too and it's indistinguishable

panhandle?

Do you normally revel in the greatness that was your country 1800 years ago?

really really pretty, nice

not bad, nice because im paying 3500/yr for tuition and am able to become a teacher after only 4 years of uni education, no teacher college bs

NYC, pic is from balcony.

Only being ironic man, the pretty monuments are literally the only reason to live in this shit hole.

Looks like you're in for a noisy Summer, friend.

this in like eastern queens or some shit? jealous regardless, gonna try to move up there soon

Damn, now I feel bad.

>jealous

Of what? Looks generic as fuck.

Here's my neighborhood of Chicago. Pretty comfy, IMO.

Ah, yes, nyc, the city that smells like a dead animal every block in the summer

Pic related is a mall that's like a 1 minute walk from my flat so close enough

Well don't, I'm moving out this year anyway.

Thankfully it doesn't get too bad. My apartment keeps plenty og the noise out.
Yeah, Forest Hills. Where do you live?

it's NYC dude what the fuck do you think I'm jealous of

the entire worlds culture is at your fingertips, from food to people to cheap international flights and countless other things

i get that I'm on Sup Forums and anywhere even remotely liberal is memed as a shithole but it's honestly one of the greatest places on earth

Avoid the trash cans, that's where the smell comes from.

>Where do you live?

OP, can see my house in the pic I posted

It's pretty but rather boring once you're tired of the beach

>Beach in nyc?
I know that some people used to swim in the river, but isn't really really dirty nowadays?

I live in Florida

I thought that i was talkung to the other user, sorry mr. Alligator bit my daughter

That's funny, I'm a former Tampafag.
Beaches are okay, they're mostly full of see weed. No one swims in the rivers. We fucked those up a long time ago.

tokyo

Unlesssome Italian decides that it's time to swim with the fishes heh

Fucking huge.

I really have no clue how NYC is bigger than Tokyo.
Even LA seems bigger?
Tokyo just seems too huge to be smaller than NYC

>culture

I'm a shutin, don't care about that stupid shit.

Nah those go in the river. In all seriousness the city has been trying to clean up for a while now and most beaches are okay. The water is pretty cold though, also very crowded.

because it only includes the actual city of tokyo

not everything in what you physically see as tokyo is technically tokyo, like chiba etc

I'm originally from jacksonville which is the largest city by area in the US but it's mostly woods, simply because almost the entirety of Duval county is incorporated into the city

>LA seems bigger

LA county maybe, but LA itself is tiny compared to NYC

This is just next to my house.

yeah that's exactly why I figure a good portion of this board is content with living in bumfuck egypt, if all you need is internet why pay extra to live somewhere cool

Methinks it would be because of some far out stuff like Staten Island - perhaps it includes water. Even Chicago is mostly low-lying past the Loop.

Staten Island adds a decent chunk of land.

Always figured Australia would be amazing for hiking

We have some nice live oak forests for it here, pic related me and doge

Once again I'm the OP and you can see this spot in that picture

>poor students
>gays
>junkies
might want to check your definition of hipster

so fucking huge

Yeah nigger imagine that many people would like to live in a safe and affordable neighborhood instead of paying out of their ass to rent a closet in some "vibrant" rat infested hellhole like Brooklyn just because Mr. Goldstein said it would make them look sophisticated.

Shit dude is that Destin, Florida?

Yeah see this is what I was talking about

>safe and affordable neighborhood

Where you can do what exactly? Sit inside and play video games? If that's cool for you then do it, I'm not content with living in americaville, USA, I actually want to have things to do that aren't in my house

Also it's really not that difficult to get a nice, just not huge, place in a big city if you make at least like 60-70k a year, which if you're not that's your own damn fault

lol close, pensacola beach

in destin regularly though because it's the only H&M nearby and sometimes I can't resist cheap child-made clothing

Wow rude. It's pretty safe here and I live in a decent sized place. iirc we're comparable to Seattle in terms of crime.

Oh man you have no idea what you're talking about. It's adorable.

> Poor students
Yeah nothing much has changed, but gentrification has pushed a lot of the unemployed ones out. You got a lot of dead-end derros living in filthy share houses.

> Immigrants
Up to 60% were not born in Australia in the 80s. Persisted into the 90's but has declined due to the gentrification ramping up the price. Actually pretty sad to see them go, because the food got progressively shitter in the area.

> Gays
Because this was one of the few places where they wouldn't get bashed, and where they were accepted when HIV emerged. Also led to the less than savoury hook ups in public areas around the Memorial Park and Oval in Campo though.

> Junkies
... oh man. Actual heroin dens and so many needles that you weren't allowed by the school to play in areas with chip-bark or sand after the weekend; or in public play areas. People strung out on the side of the street and bloodied needles lining the fence along the train track. Home, car and contents Insurance was several hundred dollars higher in the 80's and 90's because of Junkies constantly breaking in to buy shit to pawn.

It's a fucking cuddlefest compared to what it used to be.

Oulu.

How can you even tell when you change cities?

How the fuck is any of that a good thing?

Or are you one of those dumb cunts that thinks living in a shitty ghetto makes you "street smart" because you've lost count of how many times you've been mugged?

beach town south of LA via google maps

I went for a jog on the beach today (~4 miles with a lot of walking mixed in). Summer has started, so lots of people are out. Bikini styles have had very cheeky cuts for the last few years.

I don't jog looking forward the whole time. I move my head around from side to side. I'm pretty sure everyone knows I'm ogling. I feel a bit nervous about that, but no one has said anything. I just hope they don't remember my face.

Not quite. It's a bit more idiosyncratic. I'm overreacting, but he hit a nerve.

It used to have its problems, especially in the 80s - but by the 90s almost all of them sans a few druggies were resolved and it became a pretty bohemian place. It always had been, but there weren't any significant underlying issues anymore. Really good mix of different cultures, ideologies and subcultures (e.g. goths) that got along well without any conflict with a sort of "anything goes" attitude to what other people believed in and did. Had been around for decades.

Without giving you a breakdown of how the socioeconomic climate of the area changed, this made it a "cool" place to live for yuppies and extreme left wing people. The surge in new residents pushed out a lot of the people who'd lived there for years - who took with them a lot of what had made the area diverse. As an example, a lot of family run restaurants with phenomenal food couldn't afford the rent hikes, so they closed. Stores that sold drag and silly leather stuff exclusively for gays went out of business and were replaced with hair salons. The place became really homogenised.

In their place these generic as fuck cafes and shitty start up food places opened up to cater to people who come on the weekend to sip terrible coffee in these places because it's the cool thing to do. Hard left wing people moved in because of its "progressive history" now that they don't have to deal with the problems it used to have, and toxify any political debate on even a council level (one chick recently spat onto the face of a local council member during a meeting on development projects).

These same people are now the ones with the gall to say (in hysterics, mind you) how Newtown has now changed and that it's "starting to lose what made it great cos of gentrification and that's not ok guys!!!" with their stupid as fuck slogan "Keep Newtown Weird." What they don't recognise is that they're what caused the change.

/rant

north east moscow

this shouldn't look comfy at all but for some reason it does

i'd feel so safe always being surrounded by scary russians

wow

great post

I see thousands 10\10 girls here all time.

Bahirdar ethiopia here

RARE FLAG

How's life in Ethiopia?

Comfy mane

post more we need more africans on Sup Forums and ethiopia is one of the coolest african countries

Im usually lurking but will do wendem

Coral Springs, FL

It's quite comfy

>Mosq, lel