/guts/ new hardware

finally replaced my 3GB 1060 with 1070.
next step a 1440p monitor.

hours of mspaint.

Got a 6700k at 4.7, 1080, 16 soon to be 64gb ram, 512gb m.2, 1tb ssd, and 4tb hgst hdd

why 64 ram?

Getting into video/photo editing and figured a bit overkill

what case? looks biuriful

>Gigabyte B350
>1070 with 1080p monitor
Rest is fine

I'm running a 1060 with two 1024p monitors and a central 1080p monitor. Is there an issue with that?

define r5

Spilled Guinness on my radiator while dusting it so yeah I really do need to get a new one now

in early!

>when both your cpu and gpu are housefires

what if I'm pushing for 144 hz?

what kinda temps do you get under load on your 290?
mine reaches the mid 60s with an h75

never over mid 50's

the fucking i7 can get to 60c

I managed to do a straight swap for my 2 year old R9 390 to a the Asus Strix GTX 1070. I love this mining bubble.

I need to get some new pics this week.

Nice, but a 1000w PSU? Why

I've got bad news for you if you think you're going to get high frame rates at 1440 with a 1070.

So long as he doesn't try to go 144hz, 1440p will be fine with a 1070.

Hell, you could make a 1070 work well under 1440/144hz with enough compromises to settings, but to each his own.

Yup.

Just waiting on my other 1080 Ti to arrive.

>dual gpu
retard

Replacing my 4690k/16gb 1600/maximus vii Ranger and aio for this today, hopefully I'll actually be able to scrub timeliness without fucking dying

I should probably look for nicer cables and a GPU support since these have a really rigid part near the connectors, but whatever. The window's facing a wall.

How's the temperatures with your Freezer 33? Mine was peaking above 70 °C while gaming before I upgraded from it. I had a 1600X at 3.7 GHz though.

Hai /guts/!

>cuck lake
lol

Can you suggest an alternative single GPU solution? Fucking retards.

why the fuck do you need two 1080tis? what are you even running?

It's a Skylake CPU on a Kaby Mobo, so no housefire but it's Optane-ready and has extra PCIe lanes
Learn to read, autist

Have you realized that you're the retard yet?

I have the same RAM and mobo and could only get it to boot at 2400mhz

>buying unnecessary hardware
>calling others retarded

>optane ready
HAHAHAHAHAHA. Great shit.

Not him, but why do you actually need them? You're calling him a retard, but not even trying to explain why you're not autistic

I'm not the guy that has 2 1080tis. I'm just saying that you can't criticize someone for going for dual gpus over a single card when there's literally no other choice for the same performance.

Edgy

and we're asking why the fuck does he need two 1080tis, is he running 4k games with lowest frames above 60 fps or what?

>4 exhaust, 2 intake

Puke

That's 2 exhaust and 4 intake, retard

Neither of the two dudes you're arguing with; but you just proved their point. You have zero idea what his needs are and yet you choose to call him a retard for picking the best possible option for a single performance level. It sounds like you're more upset about his level of disposal income rather than his choices on hardware/performance.

....retard

>when there's literally no other choice for the same performance.
It's only theoretically better. Most developers don't implement proper multi GPU support so you get somewhat better performance but you also get microstutter. It's not really worth it for gaymez but the story changes when you go into GPGPU territory.

>le le herp der i'm retardejdbhwehyd
go fuck yourself

Im glad that instead of the point/counterpoint method of argument you've resulted to greentext herpderp talk. I'm glad to see that you fully understand your poor logic. At least we are on the same page now

>Optane-ready

It's called future-proofness, faggot
I'd love a Ryzen system, but it doesn't have enough PCIe lanes for me, I need another GPU for KVM and a 10+Gb card
Also, there isn't a X370 mATX mobo that doesn't suck
So shove your fucking edges up your ass and

>future proofing
Optane is already dead

Nice, I don't have yet an Optane SSD so no need to worry
I have more lanes and a better platform than Z170, that's what matters

Super fucking nice bui

>Asus

Never mind.

cpu is now [email protected] from [email protected], the extra 100mhz wasnt worth the extra heat, cpu temps are now around 60c max. but the vrm went from ~95c to 80c max. i know that vrm are ok even at 120c, but i dont want anything getting that hot in my pc.

don't you need both the kaby lake cpu and chipset to use all the kaby lake lanes? you're still stuck with the skylake's pcie lanes, they don't just magically appear

>I have more lanes and a better platform than Z170, that's what matters

no you don't you idiot. you have skylake's 16 lanes

Z170 has 20 lanes, Z270 has 24
Lanes aren't only on the CPU, faggots