Paranoid autism kicking in...

paranoid autism kicking in. I was at a cafe on my laptop running Arch and some young woman with an iphone asked if she could use my laptop to charge. I was pretty focused on what I was working on so I said OK, but later realized how retarded that decision was.

When I got home I flipped the network switch and checked the logs and nothing seems out of the ordinary. How possible would it be to compromise linux through something on an iphone? I don't usually go to cafes to work, is this a common thing and I'm just sperging/overreacting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Aatp5gCskvk
youtube.com/watch?v=pJAm7-JR_LU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Flatten and rebuild. You can't possibly know what she did. You probably have to throw the laptop away to truly be free of the rootkit.

I'd be paranoid too, but... Was she hot? If not she may have been flirting with you.

>I said OK
Welcome to the botnet.

You should be both terrified and reassured.

You should be terrified because something plugged in via USB is essentially completely trusted. You can stick malware in the firmware of a USB flash drive that you can't really defend against, short of physically preventing any untrusted USB devices from being plugged in.

You should be reassured because doing this is some Mossad-tier shit, and if you're not an Arab nuclear physicist then you'll never in a million years see a targeted attack like this.

Of the top of my head in not 100 of any attack vectors from there.
If the phone registered as an input device it could maybe acts as a key logger, not sure though,,X is confusing.
Otherwise they would have to be aware of a zero day in a USB driver.

>DerStake
>DerStarke

Which is it?

If it really was an iPhone I doubt you have anything to worry about.

If anything you should have installed itunes real quick and stolen as many pictures and photos from her phone as possible to check for nudes at home later

If a three letter agency is after you there isn't much you could do anyway

nah, she was sitting pretty close to me. She looked at it once-- when I glanced at the screen it seemed like she was just reading some texts

Buy a USB condom or cut data pin connections on the motherboard to prevent future attacks.

She seemed alright looking. Had a slight accent (which makes me more paranoid in retrospect)

but what about the opportunist cyber thief he just downloaded all of those tools and made a slight modification?

stop being para, you just lost your opportunity to get laid.

serves you well for being an attention whore

>running arch on a cafeteria
really, nigger? did you wear your fedora and sucked on you vape too?

Is there anything specific to look for in my logs for that session that would indicate malicious activity? Or any good utility to run a scan?

>not educating that bitch trying to charge up an iPhone with a max 500mA outlet of a notebook

Best post.
Also, nice digits.

I'm gunna masturbate to that picture later.

All the posts are of equal value, fagmotron, except yours. Your post is stupid.

shred /dev/sda

no u

My Dell has power bridge

>implying the Jews aren't everywhere, constantly tricking every one of us.

orlly?

It isn't really an evil trick when a goy goes up to a jew and says "please take my money and tell me what to do." You can't really take advantage of someone who wants to be taken advantage of.

Most people want to be slaves, and Apple is just one of many companies and governments giving them what they want. I wouldn't even mind if their vast numbers didn't make things so difficult for those of use who don't want to be slaves.

No, you can't use a usb hid device as a keylogger.
You *can* use it to use the keyboard to install a keylogger though (doubt that happened). Also it might have been used for arp poisoning youtube.com/watch?v=Aatp5gCskvk

look through logs for usb device being plugged in. it'll show you what type of device it was used as. look for hid or ethernet

you fool what if she changed the logs?

Once you believe your system is clean(ed) you can build or buy a USB Condom.

youtube.com/watch?v=pJAm7-JR_LU

Are you scared that a woman hacked you ????

Dude did you not watch James Bond?

>iphone
>afraid OP was rooted
top fucking kek
best thread all fucking year

You dense fucker, she was clearly asking if you would plug her port.

you were sperging

OP probably just watched Mr. Robot and is now paranoid

Unless she was a CIA nigger then you are fine OP.

Through an iPhone, no. An android device, possibly.
iPhones are pretty securely locked down so are difficult to run arbitrary code on.

I hope you returned the favour with your dongle

reinstall gentoo just to be safe

>Doing work
>Arch

Really come with better story next time. It's not like anyone want to steal your austistic work

at defcon a few years ago someone setup a "charging station". then at a talk they revealed how they owned all the devices attached. yes, defcon is mostly attended by faggots now.