Android Homescreen

It's ready!

drive.google.com/file/d/0B2qhu7DOcXwFZTBKaFMtRXdCOGM/view?usp=drivesdk

This is a joint project between me and another Sup Forums user to replicate someone's homescreen and distribute it freely. If you like what you see, follow the guide below to set it up on your phone.

Other urls found in this thread:

webmshare.com/play/1MKn0
s1.webmshare.com/1MKn0.webm
webmshare.com/play/AdZ0P
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Guide:

kys

HOMESCREEN DEPENDENCIES
>Nova Launcher free version
>KLWP paid version (paid required to import configurations, it's ~$3 USD)

! VERY IMPORTANT !
You MUST set a Nova launcher gesture to access your app drawer. I use a two-finger upward swipe to open it, but you should use what's comfortable and supported by your touchscreen.

DO THIS BEFORE PROCEEDING
>Nova Settings -> Gestures & inputs -> assign a gesture to app drawer
DO THIS BEFORE PROCEEDING

SETTINGS TO MAXIMIZE COSMETICS
This is centered around the visible desktop only. Customizing your app drawer is beyond the scope of this guide.

Remove homescreen icons

Eliminate black bars (notification bar and navigation bar) at top and bottom of screen
>Nova Settings -> Look & feel -> Notification Bar -> Show notification bar (toggle off)

Remove dock
>Nova Settings -> Dock -> Top right corner of screen (toggle off)

NOTES
I've noticed an increase in battery consumption while the KLWP app is running, remember to kill it when you're finished with configurations.

Too long of a string in the music fields (just title?) will break spacing for the rest of the homescreen until the song is changed. This can be solved by listening to music with titles that are not too long and probably sound better anyway

For reference, this is the homescreen we were trying to copy

Cool, looks convenient and clean, I'd try it. But you have to use a paid proprietary launcher? Meh.

What's the point of the "Music / Calendar" bar? does it expand?

>Too long of a string in the music fields will break spacing for the rest of the homescreen. This can be solved by listening to music with titles that are not too long
Dead in the water

With the free version, it is possible to build it yourself, but that can be a hassle.

It's not a bad buy, imo. There's people on our sister board, /wg/, who do some very intricate setups. I'm sure they'd be willing to share if you ask.

>With the free version, it is possible to build it yourself
of Nova Launcher? Really? Can you point me to the source code?

It does not expand. Those are launch buttons, same as the bottom box, but I think it's nice to have the music launcher right next to the homescreen controls.

As for that bug, I'm working on a fix. I'm still learning this tool, but I'm sure it can be solved. The original looks like it can abbreviate long titles.

The Nova launcher does not need to be purchased, but the KLWP does. All the paid version of KLWP does (as far as this homescreen is concerned) is allow you to import homescreens that others have made.

The free version still seems to have the same functionality as far as building your own homescreens goes.

>Those are launch buttons, same as the bottom box
Why aren't they just in the bottom box then? Seems like an arbitrary distinction to hike calendar out of the box of apps and into a titlebar for no reason. The "what's playing" title should probably open the music app anyway

>The Nova launcher does not need to be purchased
That's great and all, but the user in complained about the launcher being proprietary. You then replied that we can build it ourselves, but as far as I know the source code of Nova Launcher isn't available so you can't build it.

do you actually enjoy not having actual icons or images you fucking loser

really? no way of just pirating/borrowing the app from somewhere else?

Why are the navbar controls misaligned?

you want me to install a proprietary launcher and a proprietary widget framework so I can replace my homescreen with squares and text?

What's the point of disturbing a copy of someone else's work?

ugly as fuck

Thank you for the actionable feedback! I'll start a fix list.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood! It's true this homescreen was made with and depends upon non-free software. There may be a way to replicate it using FOSS, but I haven't looked into it just yet.

It's just a cosmetic choice, that's all. I'm sure some people would enjoy using just icons without labels, too. Different people like different looks, I'm sorry this doesn't appeal to you.

Set a fixed width to short the title

this shit is static what the HECK

sauce?

I'm sure if you look for it, you could find a functionally similar app for free (or a cracked version of this one). I'm afraid I haven't looked into this, though.

Spacing was done by hand, so I must have made a mistake. I'll add this to the fix list.

It's just here if you want the option. I know using non-free software isn't ideal, but it works and I haven't searched for a FOSS equivalent.

He refused to share it, so we made our own.

Fantastic, thank you!

Cool. The poor man's version of my rice. Kek

question:

why is substratum so fucking terrible?

Most of the themes are paid, some of em won't work right unless you have some specific set of gapps, most of them don't have previews and it takes a year to compile them. Not only that each app individually can have its own problems with compatibility.

Who designed this nonsense?

I just wanted something similar to the CM themes of old.

Hahaha

No problems here

I keep asking for refunds because half of the shit either crashes or shows me pitch black backgrounds with black fonts.

Wish I could filter the actually good themes but of course the play store doesn't do that ever

webmshare.com/play/1MKn0

s1.webmshare.com/1MKn0.webm

You two anons rock in every possible way.

Would milk your cocks in a non homosexual way.

>°F

Mmm ty

I'm on a laptop. Core2 Duo P8400, 4GB of RAM, and a 5400RPM HDD. This is faster than Debian with XFCE and I can shitpost from Clover.

Kek.
You aren't me. I'll let you know when I finish.

webmshare.com/play/AdZ0P

I have debating getting some form of cell phone. Cna I get one that runs only free software?

do you have the klwp file for that one?

anyone got a sauce on that picture?

I think I saw it on a thread at wg, don't remember which.

>webmshare
>not just posting the webm

:D

Thanks based user.

I have root, I should be able to import directly into the configuration storage for free

Right I bought kwrp app

Installed Nova free

Imported your profile and have it working... Looks epic. Except I can't edit the buttons / text each time I try it only allows me to edit the phone text

Also there's no animations like in another user's webm post above...

Nailed it
Copy the present.json from the archive, into \app_config and restart the application

Could you give the exact path?

/data/data/org.kustom.wallpaper/app_config/present.json

I fixed this by wrapping the music values in ellipsis trims

Example:
> $tc(ell, mi(album), 28)$

Typo in json filename, sorry, phone posting

Thank you user

Question:

Can you somehow make your own KLWP shit on something else than a phone?

Maybe I'll resort to use my old, stupid Note 8.0 if I can't find anything else.

As long as your androd launcher supports live wallpapers, yes

Since we're on the subject,

Any recommendations on paid KLWP skins?

Get better taste in music.

I didn't really like that your one had no scrolling parts or drop down parts so I thought I'd have a go myself and this is it so far

Im gonna add more stuff but I need a break for a little while

>tap top bar
>bottom box slides down
>then top box starts expanding
You can't make those happen at the same time?

Yo know that this is available the whole time?

I'm new to this, literally started today about an hour ago

You can change the second shape to bit image $mi(album cover) and reduce opacity

Link to the source?
It doesn't show in app presets at all. Is there any other way for cheap fags like me to get it in my phone?

Where exactly?

Hi, OP here!

Turns out one of our tripfriends over at /wg/ replicated this very same setup. It looks and works a lot better than the one we made, so I'll post a dl link.

my.mixtape.moe/ohmypc.klwp

It'd be courteous to go over there and thank him if you enjoy it!

I don't see why this was so hard. It's five shapes, a font, and some preset text fields.

I like mine ty

I don't. That looks like ass.

Any stock launcher does it better than you

>legacy units