You guys are smart, like really smart

It's not everyday I feel like this but sometimes I envy you guys for having so much of that esoteric information in regards to hardware and programming.

It's a nice summer and I'm done with community college but I spend all my time wage slaving away instead of learning more. Anybody want to teach me something nifty? Just throw some goddamn knowledge my way.

Other urls found in this thread:

cprogramming.com/tutorial/c-tutorial.html
learn-c.org/
learncpp.com/
cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/
cprogramming.com/tutorial/c -tutorial.html
en.cppreference.com/
isocpp.org/faq
learnpython.org/
codecademy.com/en/tracks/python
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Programming_resources
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams.

KIKERIPPER

Israel did 9/11

No, but I'd love to hear your CS community college stories. I just started that shit today for certs and it already feels like I'm walking in a glorious Sup Forums meme.

>you guys are smart, like really smart
Fun fact: No. I mean, there's a fucking difference between being actually intelligent and just having obscure interests and being obsessed with those. Actually smart people don't waste their time with pointless tinkering, video games, anime and whatever else. Also, actually smart people don't fucking crash and burn whenever they are confronted with social situations.

want to learn how to make pretty home made crystals?

>I envy you guys for having so much of that esoteric information in regards to hardware and programming.
90% of the posters on Sup Forums are here to talk about smartphones and headphones and the 10% that are programmers are entry level code monkeys doing web programming or making fizzbuzzes

you must be something special if you think Sup Forums is smart

True, but people with obscure interests often understand the ins and outs of that particular hobby. Getting to that level of understanding implicates that they excel somewhere, right?

>CS Community College
Oh, I studied Graphic Design and meandered about in the Adobe Creative Suite for a few semesters. I really couldn't make up my mind on what I wanted to major in but I picked this and once I started there was really no looking back. I told myself I needed to finish and I did. I made short films in high school and was really conflicted.

Yeah a lot of Sup Forums is consumer electronics, I'll admit.

>Getting to that level of understanding implicates that they excel somewhere, right?
no
hobbyists dont really excel at anything by definition
people who excel at things are usually employed in their field

I programmed a video game so I'm slightly more advanced then pajeet that makes fizzbuzzes

fuck you too, guy

go back and stay on reddit

>people who excel at things are usually employed in their field
What about the self-employed though, you know the guys who start from the very bottom and make themselves into hot items completely by their own accord?

Protip: you can shave a couple seconds off your power down by using the button instead of waiting for the OS to shut itself down for you

that counts as employed

So you want to learn programming?

Pick a starting language. For beginners, there are generally two recommended "programming families" that you can choose to start learning:
-Dynamically typed/interpreted programming languages, such as: Python, Perl, Ruby
-Statically typed/compiled programming languages, such as: C, C++, C#

These are amongst the most popular languages in use worldwide, including 4 from the top 5. Both approaches are perfectly fine, and well-documented.
-Dynamically typed programming may be a bit more flexible, convenient, and forgiving. It is more popular in academia.
-Statically typed programming is a bit more suited for making general applications. It is more popular in industries.

Cannot decide? Flip a coin.

If you choose statically typed/compiled programming, you may want to start with C, then pick up C++. C is very well documented, and teaches many universal programming concepts. C++ is based on C, and adds new concepts. Sources:
For C:
The C Programming Language (K&R)
C Primer Plus (Prata)
cprogramming.com/tutorial/c-tutorial.html
learn-c.org/

For C++:
learncpp.com/
cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/
cprogramming.com/tutorial/c -tutorial.html
en.cppreference.com/
isocpp.org/faq

If you choose dynamically typed/interpreted programming, you may want to start with Python. It is very easy to pick up. Here are some good sources:
learnpython.org/
codecademy.com/en/tracks/python

>BUT I WANT MORE SOURCES!
Read: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Programming_resources

>BUT I WANNA START WITH [language x] INSTEAD!
Sure, if you like. But the languages above are considered good for beginners.

>BUT I WANNA MAKE A COOL WEBSITE!
Learn HTML, CSS, and Javascript.

>BUT I WANNA MAKE iPHONE GAMES!
Learn Objective C and/or Swift.

>BUT I WANNA MAKE ANDROID GAMES!
Learn Java.

>BUT I WANNA MAKE PC GAMES!
Learn patience.

I've had many a shitty computer. When that blue screen came up I always hugged the power button. Love that one.

Are you the real nigga, the Falcon guide guy? The original?

Also:
>you guys are smart, like really smart
Educated and well-informed. Smart is something else, something that is not related to being educated or well-informed.

Almost everyone here is a total idiot, including me.

>The original?
That was Th !e.FaLconO0. I am the 6th copy, Th !e.FaLconO6.

you can't fool me
0-6 is seven digits
WHAT DID YOU DO WITH SIX

Read this, you'll likely go further than us due to your attitude alone

Do you still have the guides for best Linux software?

>It's not everyday I feel like this but sometimes I envy you guys for having so much of that esoteric information in regards to hardware and programming.

0 is the original. 1-6 are the copies.

i'm keeping my eye on you, "six"