You worship stallman

>you worship stallman
>stallman created emacs
>"no user you don't understand vim is better because it is a few megabytes smaller"

Explain yourself.

Vim is better though

his lordship stallman has provided us an editor with the extensible vi layer (evil for short) which gives us all the boons of vi without the penance of using a non lisp

macOS user here. Will emacs increase my mac's privacy?

Stallman didn't create Emacs. He just maintained and improved it after its original creators stopped.

Stallman worship is a meme, he doesn't even like gentoo

Xcode and Visual Studio for people with jobs

Nano is the true solution, VIM is shit

If emacs didn't have finger breaking shortcuts for basic things it would be very appealing.
>uhhhhh but you can change them!!!!!!
I dont want to learn a new programming language and spend the time to reassign every function to a new key just to edit fucking text.
I want to use a finished product so I use Sublime Text.
>uhhhhh but it's proprietary!!!!!
I would use an open-source equivalent if it was available, but didn't find any good ones. Kate was pretty close though.
And no, Atom is horseshit.

>Vim is Charityware.
>You can use and copy it as much as you like, but you are encouraged to make a donation for needy children in Uganda.
>Please see kcc below or visit the ICCF web site, available at these URLs:
enjoy your Uganda-ware

emacs stands for emulated macintosh software. since you are already using macos, you dont need to use emacs.

>This
This
[spoiler]This[/spoiler]

nano a shit. after using vim i literally could not use nano

Fucking this. I don't understand why it's the standard editor in gentoo.

deleting it right now, and going to the doctor to see if i didn't get aids from all that time using it

nano is actually garbage

and I used to like nano so much

now I'm accepted by my peers

I use emacs though.

Spacemacs

Its the default editor because its small not because its good.

I use emacs though.

>autist struggles to understand that you can don't have to attach yourself to one thing to the fullest while shitting on everyone else
>autist struggles to understand that both can be competent but you can prefer one of them
take human 101 you fucking neet

>small
I believe bare vi is just as small if not smaller. It's more likely simply normie friendliness when that Ubuntu noob needs to edit a file when following a tutorial on the web or something.

Yeah thats the point its there to edit wifi configuration files not to write 1000s of lines of code its point is to be simple and accessible not autisticly efficent.

>Not using ed
What the fuck is wrong with you faggots?

I use nvim

Told my story here before but:
When I started with linux, I googled "best text editor linux" and 90%+ of the results said vim.
No regrets.
tl;dr It's google's fault.

fpbp
>uganda-ware
kek