Using the nonfree version of parabola, "arch linux"

>using the nonfree version of parabola, "arch linux"

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/chiru-no/cloveros/releases/download/20170620/CloverOS-x86_64-20170620.iso
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

arch is "nonfree" anyway

>arch is "nonfree" anyway
Is it actually non free or does stallman just get autistic over it because it is physically possible to install proprietary software on it like debian and gentoo?

You better be using OpenRC on your Parabola, OP.

>or does stallman just get autistic over it because it is physically possible to install proprietary software on it like debian and gentoo?
its this one. ArchBang is free of SystemD if you'd like that as well.

Why not just install Parabola with OpenRC like this user says?

It's the other way around. And who says I can't use Arch without installing any non-free packages?

Even Debian and Fedora is non-free according to the FSF, so chill out dude.

because some of us are on laptops that require nonfree drivers.

>literally doubling the time it takes to do everything by having to install "-openrc" versions of everything
Plebs.

Is there any Stallman approved distro that isnt ancient? I would like to use one with actual working repos; i do audio and visual stuff

Arch is non-free because its kernel contains proprietary firmware. Parabola, on the other hand, uses linux-libre kernel with all the proprietary blobs pulled out.

So NVidia and intel stuff?

Yep. Though you're not forced to install nvidia - there's free nouveau driver.

Fedora is NSA honey pot.
Stop using fedora, stop NSA.

>whereisyourproofsrooster

Unlike debian archk has non libre kernerl too

You may be right. The website with that fat ugly bitch is all sorts of suspicious.
There's no way someone that looked like that would ever willingly put their face to a project they hope to become popular.
It's like a 'hey guy, we're legit neckbeards" sort of ploy.

>he claims to be an advocate of software freedom yet shitposts on the proprietary imageboard, "Sup Forums".

>using arch instead of gentoo

>2017
>compiling from source
>not using LFS + pacman

github.com/chiru-no/cloveros/releases/download/20170620/CloverOS-x86_64-20170620.iso

>downloaded pre-built packages from NSA
enjoy your spyware pajeet

>implying you read all that scrolling -emerge text to verify its integrity

Does it use linux-libre and only contains libre packages in its repository? If yes it would be kinda cool since we could have Stallman put it on his website as a FSF-approved distro.

that's a western spy! he's not properly slavsquating

stop triggering me

Stallman hates Gentoo. Clover is a Gentoo install script.
I don't think he will like it.

I'm not.

Parabola and trisquel.

You can run Sup Forums in a free browser with libre JS.