Is there a single piece of open source backup software for Windows that isn't Java garbage or web UI?

Is there a single piece of open source backup software for Windows that isn't Java garbage or web UI?
You'd think it's the simplest fucking thing to do, take data, copy it somewhere else, add some scheduling capability and a USABLE INTERFACE, bam you're done. Why are open source coders so fucking inept?
Here's a program written by 1 guy in fucking Delphi that has every functionality you could ask from a PC backup solution, except being free.

Other urls found in this thread:

freefilesync.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What kind of backup do you want?
There is owncloud if you just want normie sync folder action, there is git if you want version control, there is ftp, rsync etc if you want something more advanced.

I want it to copy my shit from C: to E: then copy the shit that changed since the last time it did that, on a schedule.
The built-in backup would have worked except for the fact differential backups are broken in it.

Cobian v8 is free, and is open source too

OP should do easier things, like collecting wet string and licking windows

Why do you need a 'Usable interface' for that?
Is windows task scheduler plus any windows rsync wrapper not enough?

why would you opensource for windows

Because I'm not an unemployed neckbeard with nothing better to do than figuring out the 50 command line parameters it needs to do what I want.

So instead, you go on Sup Forums, ask for ptions, check the 10 GUI programs that MAY have the features you want, figure what their 20 GUI buttons and options may do and hope that some windows freeware programmer knew his shit and everything is still compatible 5 years later

Yeah you're a really efficient man

How can't you know this?
freefilesync.org/

In what way is the built-in backup broken?

Install Bash on Windows, then install rsync

The simplest fucking thing to do *IS* to use Java so you can't only back up some piece of crap Windows installation, but also the Linux or BSD that actually matters to you.

And basically every god damn backup program has an usable interface anyhow.

It makes a full backup every fucking time, also doesn't have any retention other than manually deleting backups.

folder sync is not backup

>folder sync is not backup
are you fucking retarded?

>"I want it all done for me, so I won't have to think! Why haven't those open-source people done it in the way I prefer?!"

Because those open-source people aren't brainlets. They can deal with things like reading the rsync man page and typing command-line options. So for their uses they write simple, flexible programs that assume the user can do that. If you're too lazy to do that, well, they generally haven't written much of anything for you, because they don't have that problem. So you get to go buy proprietary software from some jew who only gives a shit into what people like you can be scammed into paying for, and wrote some "minimum viable product" piece of software to take advantage of you.

Have fun!

I know what you want, we're using it on our laptop at work to back up à folder on the server.
It's native on Windows.
Take 2min to deploy it.
But no GUI so way too hard for you, sorry.

Just check . He is obviously retarded. FreeFileSync offers everything he needs but he's too stupid to understand such a simple thing

Use syncthing, duplicati, mondo rescue or DirSync Pro.

I'd suggest syncthing myself.

You mean they're unemployed neckbeards with too much time on their hands who don't mind wasting time overcomplicating something that should be easy and intuitive?
There's tons of programs that offer the same exact functionality WITH an actually usable interface. Only they're all proprietary.
It's almost as if all good programmers value their work.

Duplicati has a fuck awful interface.
>installing a fucking web server on my PC just so that I can load a webpage where I still have to enter shit like *~\\"*.tmp" into a textbox to make a fucking exclusion.

I'm really not trying to sound like an edgy teen here but if you think FreeFileSync isn't intuitive and easy to use you really should seek a neurologist. I'm not kidding because your IQ might be below 80.

>It makes a full backup every fucking time
Only if you're storing to a network path, you dumb shit. You should store backups locally for the best speed both on initial backup & restores, then sync your backups to a network/offsite location for DR/BC.

>windows backup to external drive
>task scheduler + robocopy to run a weekly incremental

Could you stop shilling your shitty not backup app?

The easiest, most usable things are command-line based. Obnam / bup / borg / zbackup and duplicity are some interesting options on Linux, IDK about Windows.

Oh look guys, it's the "daily open source hate thread" disguised as someone looking for help.

Let's see how many people get triggered

I don't see any problem with either of this.

Desktop GUI tend to have tons of shitty old DLL, it's not better. And Regex are ideal for exclusions if you even have any. Honestly, you should just fucking set up folders so they can be backed up.