Realistically how much is the Retro gonna cost?

Realistically how much is the Retro gonna cost?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcworld.com/author/Ian-Paul/
youtube.com/watch?v=48C9eAOCaYE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Over 1500 dollars for the basic model

$1000USD

I really hope it won't cost more than $300

depends on the specs and the size of lenovos nose

i really hope the Retro will be a success and lenovo brings back good keyboards and changeable parts

I'm only gonna pay $200 at most
used

>implying lelnovo won't milk retrofags as much as they can

What is the advantage of this over my T420?

muh 4:3

see also more performance and newer IO ports memes

Hi Lenovo,

It doesn't matter what you charge, because most people here are going to buy it used 5 years after it comes out.

pls let it have a ryzen cpu

What's the timer on the top left?

Will it also have a nice non-island keyboard? And a thinklight?

>rgbthink.com

>top left
>is actually top right
>top kek

its a better laptop in every way

specs, screen, battery life

>giving people the features they want
is this going to be the anti-macbook?

What kind of a shitputer do you think you can get new at $300? It'll most likely be $700-1000, so start saving up and stop buying more X220s, you don't need any more of those.

Tbh the chiclet keys on the nuboards are great, cause unlike ALL other chiclet boards the keys curve in, it's just the layout change that's ass

If it was the old 7 row layout but with the nukeys I would unironically be cool with it

I meant that starting btw, plus since they probably won't make another thinkpad retro in a while (or ever again) I hope you'll be able to spec it to ridiculous levels (32 gigs of RAM, some absurd screen, HQ processors, etc) and that will probably still sell like crazy.

This. I'm thinking that it could cost as much as an X1 or a P-series, maybe even more since it's a special edition laptop.

>mentioning the P-series
cursed

should be £6-700

Will be £1000

Best keyboard ever made in laptops.

>stop buying more X220s, you don't need any more of those
preposterous

>no specs
>better in every way
hmmm

I'd better be fucking faster than a 2012 laptop.

Doesn't matter because it will never be released.

this is fake news
can't find the article

>starting $300
ok bud

I replied to myself lel

ok bud

Source on that article?
Can't find it.

Can't find the Chinese manufacturer at all

Can't find the article on the site:
>pcworld.com/author/Ian-Paul/

Confirmed fake news.

>faster
I really am more interested in things like battery life, temperature, and durability.

>better laptop
>screen 4:3
>not 16:10

Hahahahaha jesus christ, are you retarded?

Maybe 10 years from now when they are being resold. Although realistically, I think people are going to scoop them up quickly, because there is no saying when there is going to be another decent thinkpad.

I'd accept 16:10 but 4:3 FlexView would be otherworldly levels of comfy

HAHAHAHAHA you wish

The P series are the new T series. Fucking loving my p50 though I would admit that they're expensive as fuck. I lucked out but stacking a corporate discount on top of a site wide discount.

is there any indication whatsoever that any of this is true? is that article not just photoshoped? is the website not just made by some Sup Forumsuy who wants to have a laugh?

>Buy p50 to replace t410s 2 months ago
>Lenovo finally decides to release retro thinkpad

Motherfuckers MOTHER FUCKERS

[spoiler]I'm probably going to buy one anyhow[/spoiler]

MOTHER
FUCK
FUCKERS
FUCK

They haven't even decided on anything.

Everything about the ThinkPad retro is a rumor.

I bet they aren't even going to mention it at today's press event they're having

Can't wait to buy this in 5+ years

No buttons on the bottom of the trackpad :(

>buying a thinkpad
>not using nipple exclusively
Git out

Post link, until then this is both false, and homosexual.

Stickied on plebbit and a Le Nobo press conference is scheduled

ITS HAPPENING

LED TRACKPOINT

rgb trackpoint

"I am excited to show you what we will release in October for the anniversary"
>shows this
"teehee this is just concept art"

What did he mean by this???

wtf you guys said this was zapped or some shit when I asked about it in a thinkpad general

LENOVO CONFIRMED IT FOR OCTOBER HAPPENING

>/tpg/ will finally no longer have an excuse to pretend they're buying old thinkpads because they were "the best" and will have to admit they're just poorfags

>always connected with intel ME™

kak

nah. XX30's will have coreboot by next year

I highly doubt it since AMD currently has no APUs

What difference does coreboot make, I can already boot Linux on my X260

>TFW want to support the retro PC but know it's gonna cost $1000 starting and I'm happy with my X220 and if we don't buy it then Lenovo will never do another model like this again and computing will be a dead meme forever
>TFW there's no way it will be FSF approved and I want to support my free meme but I'm sure lenovo doesn't know anything about the FSF and even if they did they wouldn't cater to them
what should I do Sup Forumsros?

Get a job, you could make $1000 mowing lawns for a month

X220/T420 are considerably old and new models considerably shit to warrant people actually buying a retro thinkpad new.

1000 usd is a hard month of work for most people, and thats assuming they get to eat and live for free. And finding lawns to mow is difficult for a lot of cities. And even then, to make a lot of money from requires a place with large lawns. Chances are, if you're living somewhere with lawns that large, you're likely in a rich area (or a middle of nowhere rural area.)

would prefer 16:10 over 4:3 but sounds good
hope it has thunderbolt 3

sell your body.

>1000 usd is a hard month of work for most people
???

You can never have too many computers.

if its less than 1100 I will likely get one as my first real laptop.

Is there a way to talk about thinkpads without you poorfags ruining everything?
Seriously spending less than $1000 on the machine you are going to use 5+ hours a day is just retarded.

>mfw I'm going to buy one for $300 in 2020

>Limited quantities for enthusiasts

Uh-huh

They'll probably run out before anyone even reviews them, and the only people autistic enough to buy them will never give them up.

But the fact is you can spend sub $300 on a machine and have it perfectly usable and serviceable despite being years old. Being more expensive doesn't translate to usability, it translates to consumerism.

>Uh-huh
Sweetie, oh pumpkin?

I am seriously considering getting one. But I don't really need it.

It's still a USED cum stained bulky laptop with horrible screens (yes even if you replace them).
>user has constant back pain from lugging 12 pound laptop around
>flops it onto smal ltable in class
>everbody else has they all stare as he pulls out his 3 lb brick charge cable to plug into the wall because even on a 100% healthy battery the fucking thing only lasts 40 minutes
>he starts typing
>CLICKY CLACKY SMACKY WHACKY
>nobody can fucking concetrate

Yeah sure, get a $300 thinkpad, if you wanna be a fucking loser.

1100 $, after epp rebates/student picing is an acceptable goal.

>4:3 monitor
This alone really needs to be encouraged. If I can ever get a new 4:3 laptop again, I'm going to jump at the chance.

won't be for sale until october anyways

>windows 10 only

You've never had a Thinkpad - the only thing you're right about is the shit screens. Why are you in this thread?

lmao stop being poor

my x220 is a better class alternative to my 15" rMBP. I take it to class with me all the time for this reason.

>oh no what will others think of me
virgin detected

>want to get the thinkpad retro
>x220 already the perfect laptop

>they'll immediately sell every laptop they make and this success will spur them to never make that laptop again
They're Lenovo, not Nintendo.

I'm going to take this bait.
X2xx series are 3-3.5lbs
>they all stare as he pulls out his 3 lb brick charge cable to plug into the wall because even on a 100% healthy battery the fucking thing only lasts 40 minutes
X220 lasts for 6-8h of web browsing, that's with the smaller 6-cell battery
>he starts typing
>CLICKY CLACKY SMACKY WHACKY
Thinkpad keyboards are known for being one of the best keyboards you can get on a laptop.
This is how new Macbook keyboard sounds like: youtube.com/watch?v=48C9eAOCaYE

I'm in Australia newfag

Did you watch the announcement? They said it was going to be a one time thing, meanwhile all the chinks and nips on their equivalent Sup Forums boards want one, and they're not going to cheap out like us.

>tfw been debating buying a T470 this whole eyar
>this is announced
glad I waited

>implying there will be enough produced for you to buy anyway

hmm.. my x220 lasts about 8h30mins, sometimes 9h and 30mins... even chromebooks can't do that, id actually love to get a chromebook, may look into it after my x220 dies, but dont think they sell them in europe. or at least i havent seen one around here. may have to buy one next time i go north america.

>being this weak

>Intel post sandy bridge

Yeah fuck you. I once took my 15 pound portable computer system that doesn't even have a battery (back then batteries were weak and not capable of powering a computer) so I have plug it in to wall right away. After I have to wait of 5 min and then give some CLICKY-TO-CLACK action.

I bet your smug ass will be fucked, when you carry a couple of fuckton of books while having 15 pound "laptop" to travel everyday.

You can hope all you want, but it ain't gonna happen. Not for any good reasons, of course, but nonetheless.

nigga I'm on a $20 thinkpad

>read 4:3
>get excited as the last 4:3 laptop is from 2007
>it's a fake article

Why would you do this to me?

Now you get to buy a T60 with a Core 2 Duo with 1600x1200 resolution for only $400 on eBay. Aren't you glad?

don't they already have it technically, but just not able to be flashed easily?