ID 2020 Digital identity Pushed as a Basic Human Right

NEW YORK - Accenture Plc and Microsoft Corp are teaming up to build a digital ID network using blockchain technology, as part of a United Nations-supported project to provide legal identification to 1.1 billion people worldwide with no official documents.

trunews.com/article/id-2020-digital-identity-pushed-as-a-basic-human-right

>The companies unveiled a prototype of the network on Monday at the UN headquarters in New York during the second summit of ID2020, a public-private consortium promoting the UN 2030 Sustainable Development Goal of providing legal identity for everyone on the planet.

>The project aims to help individuals such as refugees prove who they are in order to gain access to basic services such as education and healthcare. Blockchain, first developed as a public ledger of all transactions in the digital currency bitcoin, is increasingly being used to securely track data in other fields. "Without an identity you can't access education, financial services, healthcare, you name it. You are disenfranchised and marginalized from society," David Treat, a managing director inAccenture's financial services practice, said in an interview.

>>"Having a digital identity is a basic human right."

>The new platform will connect existing record-keeping systems of commercial and public entities through blockchain, allowing users to access to their personal information wherever they are. For example, refugees who have fled their country leaving behind birth or education paper certificates would still be able to provide proof of those credentials through the system. One of the main advantages of blockchain is that it allows systems of different organizations to communicate with each other, Yorke Rhodes, global business strategist at Microsoft, said in an interview.

>The prototype was built on top of an existing Accenture platform, which powers the biometric identity management system used by the UN High Commissioner for Refugees.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hC83kY3rywE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>For example, refugees who have fled their country leaving behind birth or education paper certificates would still be able to provide proof of those credentials through the system. One of the main advantages of blockchain is that it allows systems of different organizations to communicate with each other, Yorke Rhodes, global business strategist at Microsoft, said in an interview.

>The prototype was built on top of an existing Accenture platform, which powers the biometric identity management system used by the UN High Commissioner for Refugees. Accenture and Microsoft, which worked on the prototype with managed service provider Avanade Inc, are inviting other companies to join their project. PricewaterhouseCoopers and Cisco Systems Inc are among the organizations involved in ID2020.

>> "What ID2020 is truly focused on is bringing together an alliance of stakeholders to ensure the technology that is being developed is responsive to the needs of individuals," Dakota Gruener, executive director at ID2020, said in an interview.

>> "Technology is only one piece of this."

>human right
there's that fucking buzzword again. Skip to 2050 and every fucking benefit under the sun will be a "right".

it will also shows if you are a pedophile or woman abuser. That's not good.

just imagine the possibilities

youtube.com/watch?v=hC83kY3rywE

It's a good idea for immigration.
As long as citizens can opt out of it I don't see a problem.

There's a cyb thread already.

>steal people IDs
>change them like proxies
>performs crimes
>?
>profit!

There should be no personal information and no need to have it.

They are not solving any problem, they are just creating a weird repression tool, using as many buzzwords as possible. Hey, look at us, we're modern, we're blockchain now.

>Without an identity you can't access education, financial services, healthcare, you name it.
Well, maybe you should make education, financial services, healthcare and everything else just accessible.

>You are disenfranchised and marginalized from society
You are setting this in the blockchain stone. It doesn't have to be this way.

>For example, refugees who have fled their country leaving behind birth or education paper certificates would still be able to provide proof of those credentials
What the fuck. You should prove to someone that you were born? People think that "paper certificates", already having little to no value in nearly every field of study apart from literally science, would retain any significance in 2020? Dumb outdated fucks.

How is that not a good thing? Don't you think people have a right to know if their neighbors are likely to hurt them?

Then you chose a very poor hill to die on by bringing up domestic violence and pedophilia. Bring up ACTUALLY harmless things like smoking weed or something, don't try to say "erosion of privacy is bad because it makes life safer for women and children."

And then with the help of rfid chips they will be able to identify you wherever you go!

Yes because what stops crime from happening is the ability to know it might happen. I mean thank God we've known for 50+ years that blacks are way more likely to shoot someone and because of this knowledge black neighborhoods are very safe and crime free today.

Potentially committing a crime has never been a crime though. Just like thinking about killing someone has never been illegal.

Got it. So if someone has been raping and murdering children for the last thirty years, it would be unethical to take any action to prevent them from continuing that behavior since it "violates their privacy". Again, if you had made it about some victimless crime like weed, no one would care. But instead you decided to take the opportunity to act like pedophiles are a poor oppressed minority.

they will have this for refugees first, then for criminals, and then for everyone

mark my words

kill the beast before it's too late

You're a fucking retarded subhuman slave.

Someone who has been raping and murdering children for the last thirty years should be put out of his misery, not let out after a 2 month prison term like liberals want.

Just because retards exist I don't lose my rights.

You're a fucking bootlicking cuckold slave.

You can't stop time, grandpa.

Holy shit, I couldn't think of anything more cancerous and Zionistic even if I tried.

kill yourself tyrant

it will take approximately 5 days for people to be able to buy laqueshanda's pack of nigglets' digital identities for cents a piece on the blackmarket

this will not end well

>Just because retards exist I don't lose my rights.
No one's threatening YOUR rights, unless you admit to being a child rapist or a wife beater. Why are you so obsessed with protecting the "rights" of literal scum? I'm all for giving them a fair trial and avoiding cruel and unusual punishments, but they do not have a "right" to gain easy access to victims by hiding their criminal record.

Kill yourself traitor.

>more shit for "refugees"
WHO FUCKING CARES
HOW ABOUT YOU WORK WITH THE UN TO FORCE DONALD DRUMPF INTO EXECUTIVE ORDERING UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE?
SHOULDN'T BE THAT HARD; HE HAS ALREADY SAID HE WANTS THE AUSTRALIAN HEALTHCARE SYSTEM.

We already have this and it does not work. The FBI knows about thousands of terrorists and we still have terrorist attacks. They're more concerned with Christian tax payers than Muslim training camps.
Same in the UK. Teresa May wants to take over the internet not to combat the new terrorist attack every other week, but the people who speak out against it.
>muh sources
Use your friendly neighbor cia botnet.

Traitor? Traitor to what, the "right" of criminals to break the law and not face consequences? If you wanted to make your case for how this whole online identity stuff is dangerous (a perspective I actually AGREE with), why not focus on how it can result in innocent people being punished for checking out an "iffy" website that one time, or how it can be used to suppress political dissent. By immediately jumping to explain why this would hurt pedos and wife-beaters, people who most reasonable people think DESERVE to suffer for their wrongdoing, you're basically making it sound like decent people won't be harmed by erasure of privacy. Whether you intend to or not, you're basically making the "nothing to hide nothing to fear" argument.

>Lack of privacy is a human right.
-t Spyware company

A fucking right? More like a curse. This is one more sign of the end times. I will pray for all of you.

universal healthcare would also mean paying for refugees. fuck universal healthcare.

>The FBI knows about thousands of terrorists and we still have terrorist attacks.
I agree that spying on our own citizens is dangerous and unethical, but this isn't really a rational argument. For all we know, we might have many more terrorist attacks if it wasn't for the FBI's efforts. It's like saying seatbelts and speed limits are stupid simply because we can still find examples of people dying in car accidents.

Okay, how about net neutrality then?

>we might have many more terrorist attacks if it wasn't for the FBI's efforts
you don't seriously believe this, do you

I'm saying the information simply isn't there. I'm sure if we weren't proactive at all in fighting terrorism we'd have many more terrorist attacks.

I'm glad that you're perfect and have never had to deal with an expensive medical condition, or be slaved to medication to function, or be in pain because you can't afford the surgery for impacted wisdom teeth, but many people do deal with these things. Not refugees, but people with ancestry here as far back as you do.

Of course, if you don't want to pay for other people's bad luck, you should have that option. Accordingly you should also be refused medical/dental/pharmaceutical service except at select locations. This is no different than forbidding people who do not pay for public road construction from using those roads.

>gain easy access to victims by hiding their criminal record.

Fucking what?

How does this online id shit do anything to stop criminals and abusers?

Besides this being yet another feel good piece of bull shit.

Amen
A matter better left to Congress and the legislative process

>you should have that option

Exactly

Dont force your morality on others

It's called natural selection. Don't fight it.

People speeding in traffic is and dying in car accidents is not comparable to terrorist attacks. It comes back to the typical >more people die in blah blah accident than all terrorist attacks combine.
One is an active mad man with extremist ties on social media that exhibits enough signs to get on an FBI watch list, than gets up and kills half a dozen people on a whim.

Oh fuck no.

>How does this online id shit do anything to stop criminals and abusers?
By warning people that their new neighbor has a risk of violent crime. I mean, if you had a family with kids, would you really want to live next to someone who has been convicted for raping little kids?

I'm all for free access and everything, but I also do want it to be possible to uniquely track individuals when warranted.

Yeah, I'd be okay with that. You can opt out of paying the healthcare tax and in return you are relegated to the sparse non-participant hospitals, doctors, and ambulance services. I would have no problem watching you bleed out waiting 45 minutes for the nearest free market ambulance to arrive.

So the same shit the sex offender registry already does

Yeah I guess we should make government/corporate surveillance easier. Must think of the children.

Probably easier to have it on your ID than to have to tell people personally that you're a sex offender, as you already have to do.

>you are relegated to the sparse non-participant hospitals, doctors, and ambulance services.
>I would have no problem watching you bleed out waiting 45 minutes for the nearest free market ambulance to arrive.

Because that is what has been happening with all those free market hospitals for decades

>So the same shit the sex offender registry already does
Yes. We have that already, so why would having that information attached to these online universal ID things be a violation of privacy if the registry isn't?

>Yeah I guess we should make government/corporate surveillance easier. Must think of the children.
No, because there is a difference between spying on law-abiding citizens and having records of severe crimes being publicly available.

>oi vei! it's your RIGHT to be logged and tracked now put the collar on!

public crime records are a scam

rapists and murderers should be executed, alternatively literally never be let out of confinement

STATE ENFORCED HOMOSEXUALITY is a human right

This would make sense if the sex offender registry only included violent rapists and child molesters instead of "statutory rapists," "pedophiles" that had sex with a 16yo, "sexual misconduct," and basically anything else under the sun if the judge decides he wants to ruin some lives that day.

>digital identity
You'll be able to have as many identities as private keys you want to generate. Are you a gigantic faggot? Just start a new life and create a new digital identity.
I do fear that everyone's public record would be distributed to every node. Want to dox someone? Just search the block chain.
If they wanted to prohibit these things then they can't be decentralized. If it's centralized, using a database would be better. It would be ashame if that database was leaked.

>mark of the beast

>Yes. We have that already, so why would having that information attached to these online universal ID things be a violation of privacy if the registry isn't?

What is the benefit?

>No, because there is a difference between spying on law-abiding citizens and having records of severe crimes being publicly available.

Which this will make easier, but hey think of the children! We must sign away our rights for the illusion of safety!

Sets in stone forever a mistake about who you are, what you do etc. Female mistaken for male? Fuck you the blockchain says you are male so you can fuck off. You are mixed up with someone else who is a pedo/terrorist. Fuck you! It's set in stone on the blockchain. We don't believe anything you say. Computer says NO!

We need a revolution to counter this

lol wat

I'm not familiar with blockchain, why would that be the case? I'm pretty sure anyone planning on instituting an official ID would design the system to make allowances for fixing incorrect information.

>Which this will make easier, but hey think of the children! We must sign away our rights for the illusion of safety!
Uh, why? The whole premise is to have a single official ID, so you don't need to go through miles and miles of red tape to get a different ID for every little thing. Things that don't require ID won't suddenly start requiring them just because there now exists a standardized ID.

>The project aims to help individuals such as refugees prove who they are in order to gain access to basic services such as education and healthcare. Blockchain, first developed as a public ledger of all transactions in the digital currency bitcoin, is increasingly being used to securely track data in other fields. "Without an identity you can't access education, financial services, healthcare, you name it. You are disenfranchised and marginalized from society," David Treat, a managing director inAccenture's financial services practice, said in an interview
So basically it's like a system use to help strengthen the needs that they can't normally access in there country internet..kinda like a public proxy where they can bypass regular stuff? Makes sense

if they want services to be available for everyone regardless of who they are, why would having ID even matter then.

Except there's more spying on us citizens than any other country

Why don't you just treat people the same instead of giving them CITIZEN CLASS C designations?

>The whole premise is to have a single official ID, so you don't need to go through miles and miles of red tape to get a different ID for every little thing.

Where is this a problem? Who is this a problem for?

Well they probably don't have updated computers

People have the right not to exist or have many identities.