pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/lekashman/whitefox-mechanical-keyboard
aliexpress.com/item/Mechanical-Keyboard-Drevo-Gramr-84-Keys-Wired-Gaming-Keyboard-White-Backlit-Gamer-Red-Switch-OUTEMU-Switches/32754807683.html
aliexpress.com/item/Cool-Jazz-Thick-pbt-84-side-printed-Keycap-High-wear-resistance-For-OEM-Profile-Cherry-MX/32811093088.html
newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816075&ignorebbr=1
massdrop.com/vote/Best-keyboard-lightshow-RGB-mechanical
amazon.com/dp/B00AZQKCD4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_t9Cszb6GNJJB7
aliexpress.com/store/product/Tada68-Mechanical-keyboard-gateron-swtich-65-layout-Dye-sub-keycaps-cherry-profils-enjoypbt-keycap-cherry-profile/2230037_32807055607.html
amazon.com/Mechanical-Keyboard-68-Keys-Magicforce-Qisan/dp/B01ABUJ2KM
aliexpress.com/item/Big-Carbon-108-125-Key-PBT-Cherry-Original-Height-Keycap-White-Dye-Sublimated-Japanese-version-Keycap/32815773322.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

mechanical keyboards are a meme

this, don't waste your time kids

tfw bought $135 worth of plastic keys because im autistic

>Budget
Around $100
>Location (continent at least)
Canada
>Preferred switch type
MX Blue/Black
>Layout
Ansi
>Form factor
60%
>Backlight
None
>Previous/current keyboards
Generic laptop keyboard

Is pic related worth it?

The WhiteFox is back. Thoughts?

kickstarter.com/projects/lekashman/whitefox-mechanical-keyboard

my thoughts were in the last thread

yes. topre > *

Same here I also want the NightFox color scheme. I might settle for the WhiteFox and swap the key caps though.

they're cheaper. my 50€ G80-3000 is still fine after 10 years. 10€ membrane keyboards usually last around 2 years - they might kinda work longer, but some keys take more force to actuate so you throw it away and get a new one.

alright anons. Has anyone used an ortholinear layout before? Is it superior or a meme?

>ortholinear
it's really hard to get used to it and fucks up with your wrists real good

Ultimate memeforce

>fucks up with your wrists
well, that's more than enough reason to drop the idea of it.

Can anyone comment on the quality of EnjoyPBT's keycaps?

>$200 rubber domes
sure, user.

Wouldn't acetone melt it?

What's the cheapest japanese keycap set out there ? Can't afford to spend $100 right now and I really want one.

>same as cherry
Aren't their clears completely different or something?

How is this poor edition? It cost you 10x more than it would as complete product.

Uh could you explain why? I've never used one myself, but isn't their purpose the exact opposite?

Or do you need a split one to be able to actually benefit from it?

It has arrived! Huzzah! Just in time for me to leave on holiday for an entire week. Wasn't able to even try it out properly yet. At least it gives me something to look forward to when I get back - should be a good change from my juice-soaked chiclet membrane.

Wait can you actually get tada68 with greens ?
Can I get a link for that?

No idea, I don't think it was an option on kbdfans when I ordered. Maybe they're using a generic sticker or something.

>It cost you 10x more than it would as complete product.
it cost me less than 25 bucks user

it melts it a bit, but it's not that aggressive. Works great for fusing parts together.

I like buckling spring (tried out cherry in store; did not feel as good as old IBM). Is there any other manufacturer besides unicomp?

Anyone know of a set of something like pic related but labeled

those are just grey and dark grey keys
do you know how google works? theyre pretty generic.

just about everything tells me that there shouldn't be that gap there

Glossy a shit.
t. Matias owner

It doesn't. If you have proper hand posture, it's way more comfortable to use than staggered layouts.

Hi /mkg/. Once upon a time I stumbled across a firmware editor for the HHKB so that you could reprogram it in various ways. I can't seem to find it now. Does anyone know:
1. If am I simply mis-remembering?
2. If I am not, where this tool can be found?
3. Have you used it before with any success or issues?

I would like to purchase one, but would want to ever-so-slightly tweak the layout from its default, particularly the function layer.

Yeah, but you don't buy those consumer goods DIRECTLY FROM CHINA, dumbass, and for good reason.

Well after about 7 years of typing on a Filco with Cherry MX browns, I thought I'd mix things up and order the same keyboard but with Cherry MX blue switches. BIG mistake. How can the same company that makes such a smooth tactile switch as the browns turn around and make the wobbly, sloppy piece of garbage that is the MX blue switch?

Before I return the keyboard, I just wanted to ask if I got a lemon, or if the switches will smooth out after they break in, or what the hell is going on with this. Is my experience normal?

>2. If I am not, where this tool can be found?
you're looking for Hasu's alternate HHKB controller, everything you need to know can be found on geekhack.

you can get tons of consumer goods directly from china that are just fine, just don't be a retard and don't buy anything that goes in your body or that requires 100% reliability

I have experience with Filco with Browns (typing right now on an almost-10-year-old one), and with Blues on other boards, but not with Blues in a Filco.
With respect to Blues, I have used them on a board (I believe a cheap ol' Rosewill) and they were solid enough. Not wobbly. I have also used them on a friend's "gamer" keyboard of some sort or another, and they were noticeably wobbly, but at the time I remember blaming his custom keycaps for that.

Might be a lemon, because:
A. Not all Blues feel that way.
B. I can't imagine Filco not having worked out how to make Blues feel good after all these years, and having success with other switch types.

>that are just fine
Many counterfeit goods are "just fine" until they stop working after exactly 7 months of use. By the way, they only had a 6 month warranty, lel.

>you're looking for Hasu's alternate HHKB controller, everything you need to know can be found on geekhack.
Beautiful. Thank you. Looks like I have to make or buy his little controller, which is awesome, but does represent and additional expense. Something to think about, at least.

bumping

Can anybody comment on how are gateron green switches? I'm kind of considering replacing my outemu blues for gateron greens.

My LEDs are dying aren't they?

what's the cheapest 60% that's worth the money

So my rk61 is completely fucked but all in all it served me for a few months and was a good intro to chinkshit keyboards as well as being some good soldering practice for a complete beginner.

Right now i am waiting for
aliexpress.com/item/Mechanical-Keyboard-Drevo-Gramr-84-Keys-Wired-Gaming-Keyboard-White-Backlit-Gamer-Red-Switch-OUTEMU-Switches/32754807683.html

with

aliexpress.com/item/Cool-Jazz-Thick-pbt-84-side-printed-Keycap-High-wear-resistance-For-OEM-Profile-Cherry-MX/32811093088.html

If it would turn out the keyboard has a similar life length to the rk61 but i like the layout i'll just buy a better 84-key mech.

They had clears that were clones of cherry clears but reddit got mad at them, so gateron changed it to the exact opposite of cherry clears just to appease them

Gonna get pic related, I think. I've done a fair bit of researching and I found this to be a pretty solid option. It'll be my first mechanical keyboard since I'm currently using that razer chicklet one. Thoughts?

newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816075&ignorebbr=1

>$169.99
WTF??
why? for that price you can get a cheap korean custom with more features and better build quality

How big of a jump is gate to brown to cherry clears? Never tried stiff switches before

vote for potato

massdrop.com/vote/Best-keyboard-lightshow-RGB-mechanical

about 30g

voted

What's the cheapest backlit keyboard? Membrane or Mechanical doesn't really matter.

Fuck auto correct gat browns

Just got this WASD 6-Key Cherry MX Switch Tester amazon.com/dp/B00AZQKCD4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_t9Cszb6GNJJB7
Probably will return after I decide, how helpful are switch testers? Or will typing be a completely different experience?

GMK keycaps look like they're all just ABS plastics. Are they worth it or do I go back to looking for PBT modifiers?

where can I get a small keyboard with cherry clears?
I can only find stuff with clones or browns and browns succ

How bad are topres? Do they really get the nasty kind of rubber dome bounciness after you type a few ten thousands of words on them?

So I've heard horror stories about off-brand Cherry (compatible) stabilizers.

How are the clear ones you see around (pic related)?

Is clipping the stabs that much of a must?

gateron black master race, done with that cherry mx shiet

wait for massdrops, desu senpai or check mechanical keyboards?

hi, I am very autistic, which is better color layout? any suggestions?

semantic layout is best.
one colour for letters (alphas). another for "action" keys (modifiers).
all depends on what you have assigned to those keys.
or just make it all one colour.

There's this guy who made replica model Fs, you can pick one up for a bit over $300. By replica, I mean he did his best to make them as good as the originals.

However the guy's a poorfag and was only able to pay the factory for a limited time run, so orders close at the end of this month I believe. Hopefully the chinks will seize the opportunity to make more, but if they don't then things will go back to being shit for spring lovers.

This, I'm interested too

Wait, 2 FN keys, one in the Capslock's place?
Also, that case is ugly. What's with those screws?

No, and same reason why I don't bother trying Dvorak: It's a bitch when you have to use other people's computers, which happen to me quite a bit.

Where's my standard backspace version, I don't want this split backspace shit

Anyone else have a problem with the Spacebar in Magicforce boards? I compared with a TADA68 Gateron Brown, and the MF's spacebar was janky as hell.

Pretty good? Not a lot of complaints really.

It's programmable and comes with keycaps for caps lock, ctrl or fn. Don't be a moron.

>Gateron Blue
Not exactly a good choice tbqh, man.

It's a rubber dome with a better build quality and more reliable key presses, of course.

In general, green is similar to blue but stiffer.
Gateron Green is very similar to Cherry in my exp.

Poker 2.

Topres are similar to Phish (the band).
Either you love them to bits or you hate them with a passion.

anyone?

Haven't used a rubberdome in years, but at least I didn't immediately hate Topres like I would with normal rubberdomes. After a week to break it in and adapt, I thought it was bretty gud, though probably not an extra $50 over Cherry prices good.

tada68 is just that good, normal mechs pale in comparison

Leopold FC660M

aliexpress.com/store/product/Tada68-Mechanical-keyboard-gateron-swtich-65-layout-Dye-sub-keycaps-cherry-profils-enjoypbt-keycap-cherry-profile/2230037_32807055607.html

They're trash that rattle, so clipping won't do shit, and if I remember correctly, they come clipped already anyway.

If you really want clear stabs, you'll have to get the overpriced Zealios shit that's $40, and they only come in PCB mounted (though it has screw-ins).

Or just get Costar stabs like everyone else. Though if you're like me and hate having to fuck with them when you change keycaps, just get Cherry and clip/lube them.

that's 169.99 Canadian

Also, would those korean customs have backlighting and the same metal build quality?

Yes, even basic chink shit has the same metal build quality as the corsair and back lighting. Its nothing to wright home about. As a matter of fact you can get corsair knockoffs with the same case for around 60 us dollars.

>I've done a fair bit of researching
>I found this to be a pretty solid option
user...

lol if you're retarded enough to consider buying one then go for it. You are Canadian after all

In a way, I'm glad it is that good, considering I paid twice the price for the TADA instead of the MF.

>>>/csg/

Go to your friends house and borrow their mkb instead.

Dunno about you, PBT all the way for me. Doesn't get shiny as fast as ABS (like 1 week) with use.

PBT is softer then ABS so that's why I prefer it.

amazon.com/Mechanical-Keyboard-68-Keys-Magicforce-Qisan/dp/B01ABUJ2KM

I have a Filco Majestouch, a really old one maybe 6-7 years old with Cherry MX Blues, no wobble very solid. Maybe something has happened in last few years with their build quality.

according to some geekhack users, cherry has replaced their molds with new ones, and filco would be one of the first to get the newest switches, so maybe it's that? or maybe you're just not used to them idk

How do gat browns feel/compare to cherry mx white (milk) ?
Getting a tada68 but not sure on the switches, really sad they don't offer gat greens or cherry whites, so I'm leaning towards browns, help me pls.

Can't say anything about CMX white.

However gat browns all day > CMX brown. They're just smooth as fuck man.

From a CMX brown user.

gat blue would be more similar to green/white, but gat brown is good too if you don't want the click

Already have a board with cherry blues, what I want is cmx white tactility, since there isn't a clicky equivalent.

Is the rosewill rk a bit of a meme?
It seems like it should be one, but is it actually any good?

I currently own a Thermaltake Meka g1 with Cherry MX black switches.
Is a model from 2011, so I'm curious about how it performs against recent models pricing between $50-$100 for gaming.
I know it's kinda personal, but where I live there aren't any places where I could test another mechanical keyboard.

it probably performs just fine. put meme keycaps on it if you want an upgrade

aliexpress.com/item/Big-Carbon-108-125-Key-PBT-Cherry-Original-Height-Keycap-White-Dye-Sublimated-Japanese-version-Keycap/32815773322.html

Rosewill are usually the cheapest full-size board that uses Cherry switches you can find.

Not anymore. Gold whatever tech is cheaper, but they only ship to the EU and parts of Asia