What's the best text editor and why is it GNU nano?

What's the best text editor and why is it GNU nano?

Other urls found in this thread:

color-hex.com/color-palette/40671
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

that WM theme is so fuccing comfy

Daily reminder that "what is the best %s and why is it %s?" threads are stupid trolls.

Looks like CDE or a skin thereof

vi

Nano is only good for quick small edits. Anything more than a line requires a different program.

Also that's the Greek letter Eta which has never made the n sound and only superficially related to the letter N. Its actually related more to the letter H, and 'H' is the capital form of eta.

I use Emacs with the spacemacs extension and I kinda like it, but I'm not about to slam other editors. Vim is fine too.

emacs is the best.

Motif Window Manager, or vtwm with a skin, can look like that and are damn minimal.

>postulating an initial open ended question then changing the question to one that seeks validation for your own opinionated answer to the initial question disregarding that the initial question is open ended and has no definitive correct answer

I made a palette just 4 (you)

color-hex.com/color-palette/40671

The WM for CDE is a fork of MWM.

Ed is for those who can remember what they are working on. If you are an idiot, you should use Nano.

Yeah, is pretty damn nice and footprint is damn slow. A couple gtk themes mimic the look, so is not hard to combine a desktop with that look. So sexy.

It's a fine operating system, quite a pity that it doesn't have a decent editor

That's what evil mode is for!

Nano isn't designed to be a text editor in the modern sense.

It feels like a travesty

I'm using xfce with Mofit-slim.

>named nano
>logo is an eta

>best text editor
>it's not Ed

Atom shits on all.

Oh no, we've got a hacker here...

>Atom shits on all.
your system resources

why does it need more cpu and ram than visual fucking studio just to edit text?

What does it matter? It's what all the cool, modern programmers are using nowadays. Get with the times, gramps! You're not a real programmer if you're not using Atom and drinking a cup of coffee every 20 minutes or so.

>drinking a cup of coffee every 20 minutes or so
atomfags only do that to wash the taste out of their mouths before the next john shows up

I don't think I ever used nano. I used Pico though back in the day when "free shell accounts" were all the rage.