Help i fucked up, systemd stopped loading all kernel modules

help i fucked up, systemd stopped loading all kernel modules

>muh arch, i3 gaps on xorg
>pacman -Syu
>#pacman -S nvidia
>shit breaks, xorg wont start, big red "failed to load kernel modules" while booting
>#pacman -Rs nvidia nvidia-utils
>reboot
>still not working
>journalctl -b
>see "failed to lookup alias 'sg':function not implemented"
no idea what to do from here, no good forum posts on it. help

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Kernel_Panics
reddit.com/r/archlinux/comments/6herws/systemd_error_for_dkms_modules_when_updating/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Install Gentoo

Just reformat and start over

This is why you don't use systemd. Take not bloatnet cucks.

And don't forget to include "-systemd" in your global use flags. Note the leading minus sign, means Don't.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as systemd, is in fact, nonfree, or as I've recently taken to calling it, bloatnet. systemd has rapidly overstepped it's boundaries as a simple init manager and is rapidly growing into an unaudited, obfuscated piece of garbage that is quickly becoming a requirement on most major distros. OpenRC on the other hand is a very clean, well managed and completely free init system that respects your freedom and understands it's scope as nothing more than an init manager.

systemd is free software and allthough it be may be a little bloated its still technically free as in freedom.

jesus christ OP, i can't help you but i wish i could.

it took me 2hours to install java and eclipse on linux mint

>eclipse
What kind of winfag shit

It enters a third sphere, free as in freedom but maliciously obfuscated and it takes advantage of its power as a system

Come back to W10 don't try to be an edgy faggot, unless you're 15yo, then it's fine to expirience weird shit and waste time, I did it too

just because its to complicated for you to read doesn't mean its obfuscated. Its not malicuous its just poorly made.

This is Sup Forums of course i'm in that age range

Have you audited it user? If not, is there a person or group who has who you trust?

No which is why I don't use it but it doesn't seem to have any malware as of now.

what happens when you run " sudo systemctl start systemd-modules-load.service " . what errors does it show?

you may need to reinstall your kernel.
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Kernel_Panics

There's only one cure for syndromeD.

Only that it failed because the control process exited with an error code

is this the power of arch?

Muh superior arch

Arch in the hands of someone who doesn't know how to use it

>not using dkms

Honestly OP, you deserve this

does it say what module is failing? try reinstalling the kernel. boot from your arch live usb and follow the instructions from the link in my previous post.

No just systemd-modules-load.service

try reinstalling your kernel. don't know what else to tell you.

maybe related
reddit.com/r/archlinux/comments/6herws/systemd_error_for_dkms_modules_when_updating/

>systemd
>loading kernel modules
what?

That looks promising, thanks a ton

Fuck it says in the fucking wiki when you update nvodoa drivers you need to mkinitcpio manually since there is no pacman hook
Go get the installation medium and run it from there and read the fucking manual next time

No, it's the power of systemd

I've probably wasted around 2 weeks now setting up arch with GPU passthrough and trying different DEs. Ended up settling with XFCE+i3, comfy as fuck but it has nightmare levels of screen tear yet to configure Compton.

I still have a ways to go customising it. Been writing some custom scripts for my command line to make life easier like
>"youtubetomp3 "
to quickly convert to current directory by copy pasting url
>"i3cfg" "bashcfg" "profilecfg"
to edit config files with mousepad quickly
>backup
to do a manual full system backup which is also automated daily and sends notifications when starting and finishing
>w10
type that to open windows 10 VM with GPU passthrough

Trying to learn how to use taskwarrior right now to replace TODO notes because I really liked that one simple gnome panel todo extension which allowed me to pop up and assign priority levels to my list dynamically from the panel. Too bad gnome was crashing and logging out repeatedly so I had to ditch it.
So many things I want to implement like setting up a jukebox that goes through a bunch of youtube links, or that ezflix program some user recommended.

Can't wait for sway to be useable with xfce level of customizability
It is such a time sink but I love it, once the ball starts rolling you can't stop (send help).