How many of you guys have the new Galaxy S8? Is it really worth the money and have you had any problems with it?

How many of you guys have the new Galaxy S8? Is it really worth the money and have you had any problems with it?

looks too big and unwieldy
also come on man
like anybody here can afford that thing

I have the s8+

I love it. Only minor complaints like the bixby button...otherwise it's beautiful and not too big like I was worried about. And it's fast don't notice any "Samsung slowness" that people talk about at all.

I have s8+ as well. This is the first Android phone I've had since the Nexus One that I haven't put a custom ROM on (it's currently impossible unless you have the international version, but that's beside the point).

It runs great, and like the other poster, the only truly dumb thing about this phone is the bixby button. Other than that, it is absolutely the best phone I've used yet--and I have retardedly high standards. I thought for sure I would return it having come from a 6p with a custom ROM, but surprisingly it has worked out.

Love the screen. If you need a new phone I wouldn't discourage you from the s8+.

I have it. It's pretty good. The issues with the fingerprint sensor are way blown up, it's not a big deal. It actually looks like it's from the future which is pretty cool. I replaced the launcher with aviate but the default wasn't bad. Definitely a very fast phone. Don't know why they had to make a dedicated Bixby button (that should've been a camera button) but there are no major problems.

How's the samshit bloatware these days?

Last one I had was the s4

will the phone work properly without samsung bloatware after rooting it?

i have the s8+ and absolutely no content looks good on the wacky resolution/aspect ratio -- definitely avoid.

>proprietary locked down bootloader
Into the trash it goes!

Still too much. If you can't choose to install a custom OS, the phone isn't worth a penny. All these people ITT are gonna be butthurt as fuck when Samdung only delivers one update and they miss out on all the cool features in newer versions.

Can't root it, so no, it belongs in the trash.

LG V20 masterrace reporting in. Keep your glass back world's most breakable phone plebs.

I have it and it's great. Can concur, fuck the stupid fucking Bixby. It's the gayest fucking shit ever created.

Outside of that the phone is top tits.

>touchwizz

I came from only have iPhones for years to this phone so I couldn't even tell you how that affects me. Samsung has the best internet browser of the ones I tried however. I know Android is more customizable but I have no clue how i'd put stock android on my phone or if it's even possible.

That's because you're a stupid iPleb that doesn't belong on Sup Forums.

This pretty much. I don't worry about rooting since it's a company paid phone so I wouldn't be rooting it in the first place.

Lots of bloatware from Samsung pre-installed, though.

My dad has one, he seems to like it

Haha you mad as fuck. Impotent raaaaage.

Cant root the US versions = worthless to me

I have the s8+ and it's all around amazing.

Looks really awesome, but the fingerprint reader placement kills it for me. Currently have an S7 that I bought a few months ago, moving on from a beat up Nexus 5.

I like the S7, except for the Fliboard bullshittery and and the glass back. Jeebus. I want to be able to choose what happens when I swipe left and I want a phone that rests nicely in my palm without a case, not a bar of soap that goes into to orbit unless I clutch it like a shitskin clutching the Quran.

Give me that and I don't care if it's Apple or Android. They work the same and have the same (important) apps anyway. Just stop making derpy design choices.

They are on sale now for $425 see the smartphone general thread

download a custom launcher to swap out flipboard for example google now launcher you swipe left and get google now instead and just get a dbrand skin if you dont want the bulkiness of a case but want the grippiness. I love my S8 but the S7 is still a great phone there's no need to upgrade yet

its pretty sweet. I havent really had any problems except the fact that bixby is kind of pointless right now and doesnt need its own button. But there's apps that let you remap it to whatever you want so its not a big deal really. I dont really know if its worth it or not, but I really like it so far.

bixby voice is beginning rollout today

I know, I already got Nova launcher to get the swipe up app drawer that the S8(+) have, I just find it silly that the biggest device maker using the biggest "open" OS can't give me more choices out of the box.

Not saying that Apple is any better, I just don't understand how both Apple and big-name Android device manufacturers have to be so retardedly restrictive about everything.

I know I'm just being the dumb minority here, but come on guys. Come on.

I have it and the screen is so easy to scratch its insane.

Other than that, I love it. Last phone was a iPhone 6. Bixby sucks.

You can't really judge unless you have the non-US version. America's infrastructure is outdated third world shit, so they can't have the Samsung own Exynos CPU. Instead they get the shitty Snapdragon.

I read this too. It's the bandwidth pole etc in most states.

Unlike previous years the US and non-US versions are basically equal. Better modem on the US version and slightly better multicore performance on the international. Much less drastic difference than prior years.

Oneplus One still going strong, no need for any of this new stuff

I had to sell mine because my parents cancelled their sprint plan so it was no good, couldn't afford another one on T-Mobile. Tried doing the unlock and got ripped off 24 bucks. Its a good phone, loved it. Only problem is locked bootloader

If you're from then it's worth it, otherwise no.