Hey, how about instead of making ads less obstructive...

Hey, how about instead of making ads less obstructive, we just make it even MORE obstructive when someone blocks our ads?

Other urls found in this thread:

networkworld.com/article/3021113/security/forbes-malware-ad-blocker-advertisements.html
github.com/reek/anti-adblock-killer#instruction
eff.org/privacybadger
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

*blocks the blocked banner*

for such sites I just leave

FUCK YOU especially, Forbes

>not having anti-antiadblock

I don't actually mind ads unless they are intrusive. I'm fine with banners and such. I'm not find with those annoying javascript popups that I have to manually close.

The main reason I use an ad blocker is because of security though. There's very little oversight when it comes to ad networks, and depending on where you go, it can be easy to find malicious ads. The only malware I've ever gotten in my 23 years of using computers was from a malicious ad on a website that begged me to "support them" and disable my ad blocker.

Oh, and Youtube video ads fucking suck. I'll always block them just because I don't want to wait 30 seconds to watch a one minute video.

This.

Also can't stand those ones that play any kind of sound or otherbullshit. News sites that have videos that autoplay can get fucked as well.

>go to forbes
>pls turn off adblocker!
>get malware
>never go to forbes again

networkworld.com/article/3021113/security/forbes-malware-ad-blocker-advertisements.html

They deserve it even if it is the fault of the ad company they have.

>fucking huge div in your face ontop of all the content
>"HELLO PLEASE SUBSKRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER"
>leave and never visit site again

Why don't they block your IP if they don't want to serve you content?
They would save a ton of money not serving data to people you're just going to block on the client-side anyway.

>he thinks data transfers costs a lot

This is all your fault

If you hadn't told the fucking normies to install adblock, I could still be having an enjoyable adfree surfing experience

STOP SPREADING INFORMATION

Nah, now people are developing super ad blockers that aren't detectable by sites.

no you would not, you'd be mining buttcoins for the russian mafia because of infected ads.

>mfw using uBO w/ uBlock Protector List, Adblock Warning Removal List & Anti-Adblock Killer | Reek

Zap it! >:3

gib lists pl0x

Imagine how little each ad riddled page gives to the admin, a fraction of a cent.
Why would I inconvenience myself so much just to give the site a fraction of a cent? Its simply not worth it.

They're literally in the addon you fucking mongoloid.

>YouTube ads

That's why I just use viewtube

>turn off ad block
>page loads like it's 1998 with a 56k dial-up modem

Even if they're not visually intrusive, tracking cookies left by ads are common and disgusting.

>Using any website that goes through that much effort

its usually not worth it anyway

>implying everyone remembers what the fuck all those checkboxes in the list said
k i already have them then

Thats idiotic i know and when i see something like that i use yarip to remove his bullshit and browse their stupid site all round

But most people can live with that, we are in a minority.

If the ads don't move, most normies wouldn't have a problem with them (which is kinda sad)

Where are the ekansovi requests?

github.com/reek/anti-adblock-killer#instruction

Kbb too. I gave up looking for cars because of this shit. Maybe I'll write a letter to ford GM etc.

There aren't any. It's probably some malware some of you have on your PCs.

>for such sites I just leave
>FUCK YOU especially, Forbes

I'm not against adblock, but your line of thinking is just retarded. How do you think the lottery works?

>How do you think the lottery works?
Lots of people is the poorest third of the country donate money to an organization which then redistributes that money elsewhere.

Someone needs to come out with an adblocker message blocker.

slowpoke.jpg

The more normies that use ad block, the better. Websites will adopt the subscription model so the bottom 99% of clickbait trash will not be able to survive off just page views.

Isn't reek dead?

>2017
>having ads on your webpage
>not just using bitcoin_miner.js and likejacking on your visitors
kek

>ad is not intrusive, site is nice so I want to support it
>ad is a fucking skin cancer awareness banner which makes me want to puke

>gif to webm conversion
'_>'

pretty shitty to blame people for something they're born with

This is why I use 4 ad blockers

Hey, Femanon, which fork of Firefox are you using?

I'm not blaming the people who are ugly but why do I have to watch them especially on the animu board.

So when Google puts in their built in blocker for the shittiest of ads into Chrome, will these sites make their ads less shit, or put up banners instructing Chrome users to switch to Edge/IE/FF?

this, I simply leave obnoxious sites like that. hell, I already to too much by not using adblock in my mobile and give hiro money for visiting here with ads, I won't bother with those other faggot websites throwing unwanted shit in my face

>Click on Forbes link
>Goes to front page instead
>Tried to go back page
>NOOOO YOU CANNOT LEAVE! PLEASE STAY AND CLICK ON OUR ADS!

Even without ads and adblock-blockers the startpage of this site looks horrible. Is it so hard to have nothing but a list of articles that contain text and some images?
No side bars, no top bars, no popups, no dropdown menus, no floating elements that stay in view when you scroll, no animated bullshit. Just fucking text.

Honestly at that point, the main reason I use ublock is to clean up pages I visit often. And by clean up, I mean remove almost everything. The ads are just a small part of this. Websites would be a lot better if they'd look like a book or a newspaper.

I use noscript. What the fuck are you going to do? If I need javscript to use your website, then your website better be some high quality shit. If you told me that I needed javascript and I couldn't block ads, then you'd really have to have some hot shit.

If Stack Exchange started telling me that I needed to enable javascript to use their site, I'd just go elsewhere. There are plenty of other places on the internet where I can laugh at people being retarded.

This namefag angers me - but I have a solution.
Everybody just use the name "Femanon", it'll make it meaningless.

is ther any ad uBlock/ABP fails to stop, but the other succeeds?

There are, but it's not on all boards. Check Sup Forums and Sup Forums

>lower file size
:^)

???

My condolence, user.

So what's going on here?
The link only targeted specific people?

try clicking "domains connected" again, it should update and show

>for such sites I just leave
This. Close tab.

All it did only closing and opening the domain tabs with nothing new showing.
Is this a new Boku no Pico or something?

Strange.
wonder what watchlist I'm on :^)

Any reason not to use this, anons?
It's not based on manually constructed blacklists/whitelists. It detects what domains track you and block them.

eff.org/privacybadger

This way I only block adds that track me (95% of all ads) and allow ethical ones automatically

lel post link to the blood feud thread
Sup Forums never ceases to amaze me with their retarded ass shit

Nothing on my cookie either, but I got cookies for that annoying doubleclick.

I swear its either Sup Forums starting another new meme because they got bored or Sup Forums try to start another forced tinfoil hat meme.
Or people really got infected by malware because they are dumb.

It only showed up in the logger under "behind the scene" for me.