How do kids get to school in your country Sup Forums?

How do kids get to school in your country Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P7YrN8Q2PDU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

motorized scooters

jungle vines

They use a school bus like every civilized persons

My hometown (which is a suburb in a major metro area) didn't have school buses. Kids either walked, rode bikes, or got dropped of by parents.

Walking

W A L K I N G
A
L
K
I
N
G

school van

soccer mom minivans. Otherwise, public transit

Mostly by walking but if they live far away from their school a bus picks them up

Public transportation or parent's car.

Kids are allowed on public transport by themselves?

By bikes or walking

>tfw hard to picture a Russian lad asking his parents if he can borrow their commiemobile

Uhm... yeah. What's so surprising about it?
Kids younger than 7 yo can use public transport freely, after that and till the age of 14 (the age of getting a passport) they are required to have a permit which is issued by the school for free.

>be american
>dad's welfare won't cover the cost of car's repair
>have to take public transportation
>sweaty bus drivers calls the cop
>kid gets shot after trying to take his cellphone out of his pocket
>the cellphone looked like a gun so everyone praises the officer's actions.
>mom gets a 5 years sentence for child abandonment
>Everyone eats burgers at the end of the day while patriotically singing the US anthem.

No-no-no, what I meant is getting dropped of by a parent.
The legal age of driving is 16 for scooters and 18 for cars\motorcycles. A license is required too.

walking, bikes, public transport or car

I used to walk to school.

A bus is basically a mobile ghetto. It would be like sending your kid downtown by themselves.

You would unironically get charged with child endangerment if you sent a 7 year old on a public bus by themselves.

I was taking tramway and metro since 6yo with my 9yo sister

back home alone

totaly normal here

In the US kids can't take the bus... But can carry a gun...

>

>buses are dangerous
>downtown is dangerous
Is that why you need assault rifles?

>A bus is basically a mobile ghetto
In the US public transportation has a bad rep because of the war declared on it by the car companies. You consider public transportation a poor man's choice, something a self respecting person would never use.

In the rest of the world it's a common and reliable way of getting around.

Walking, bike, dropped by mom, in public transport or school bus (here aren't as fancy as OP pic).

Buses are full of poor people. I used to ride one regularly in college and I'd see someone have some psychotic meltdown at least once a week. Downtown in most cities isn't dangerous in terms of crime, but why would you allow a child to go alone into a crowded adult environment with heavy traffic everywhere?

It has a bad rap because it's genuinely full of poors.
>common and reliable
Why? If you can afford a car, then why would you ever choose to travel on the city's schedule instead of your own?

Car, bus (public) or subway

>USA
>world

Depends on parent's idiocy. Some cucks send their kids to ''''elite'''' schools which can be on the another part of the city. So they go to school by subway/trams/buses and spend 1+hour on a one way trip there.
But most of us went to local closest schools, so we used to walk.

public transportation or you just walk since every child is guaranteed a place in a regional school which in my case was a 4 minute walk...

>If you can afford a car,
it's a needles expense when there's a bus every 10 minutes, the stop being a 2 minute walk from your doorstep.
Driving in the city is also pretty terrible

>there's a bus every 10 minutes, the stop being a 2 minute walk from your doorstep
Maybe in the densest, richest cities. Most cities here would never spend that much money just to help the poor people who use buses.

Because good luck driving around cities that have hundreds of years of history behind them, and consequently, old buildings packed so tight you're stuck with road plans meant to service a 100 carriages an hour, not tens of thousands of cars. Terrible jams and no parking space are a problem in every city.
I get that cars might be really great in the States, but here in Europe public transit is king.

Public transport could be great here, but I think we'll always be stuck in the endless loop of
>the public transport is shit, so only poors use it
>why would we fund something that only poors use?
And it will continue until self driving cars make it even more irrelevant.

on foot

I live in the countryside and went to a country school.

There was a bus, but it only drove on the main roads, so kids from small villages had to walk. Not much though, only 3km for me.

But because of conflicting times, it was often more time-efficient to just walk the whole 10km or whatever.

by car, blasting reggaeton during the process

It makes me feel so futuristic because of how casually can we mention self-driving cars.

In mums SUV usually

this is why I like brazilian posters

Public transport

It's completely understandable in some places, when I was in SF I reliably took buses everywhere except for the one time I needed it to be right on time, took fucking ages

But in a city like mine the buses are way, way too unreliable and sparse to use

if israeli pupils have a designated bus for school-
it never looks like that retarded yellow bus that american pupils use

anyway, mostly public transportation/walking/cars (17+)

By bicycle trough -35 Celcius weather.

Public school: walking.

Private school: school bus, unless it's close which is rarely the case.

school trams.

Walking, school van, parent's car, public transportation.

Could you do as the little girl does?

youtube.com/watch?v=P7YrN8Q2PDU

This was Detroit want it

>Walk
>Car
>Train
>Tram
>Bus
>Bike
>The internet (used to be radio (pic related))

Fucking kek