Sold my Sapphire 480 for $425. What do I do now? Buy a 580 on 3 week back order or a 1070? What is the best 580 or 1070?

Sold my Sapphire 480 for $425. What do I do now? Buy a 580 on 3 week back order or a 1070? What is the best 580 or 1070?

Who else here sold their AMD cards in light of the crypto gold rush?

debating whether to sell my r9 fury from my main rig, rx470 strix from my htpc rig, and my 2x spare r9 270x.

would replace the htpc gpu with the gt 1030 for 4k60 video playback, but not sure what to replace the fury in my main desktop with since it seems like nvidia prices are going up as well.

sell your fury and the two r9 270x's get a 1080. going from a fury to a 1070 isnt worth it.

>get a 1080
>tfw i already have a radeon graphics sticker on my case.

i might. i need to find the box for the fury though.

You dont even need to prove that shit works let alone a box to sell it right now.

I have an rx480 nitro+ card, where do I sell it to get $425 for it?

I sold mine for $460 and upgraded to a 1080 for $519

My 8gb nitro+ sold for a buy it now of $450 on ebay in under a half hour

Now here's the thing. I haven't overclocked it and I did lots of light gaming on it, but I do not have the original packaging. Where can I get the antistatic bag for this thing to sell it?

>Been pretty low on cash these past few months
>Wanted to wait until Black Friday to start buying parts for my new rig, which included a 480/whatever equivalent card is available by then
>Didn't bother buying one while they were cheap
"Good things happen to those who wait" my ass. I've only ever gotten fucked in the ass from waiting around.

I wouldn't beat yourself up because this mining craze is absolutely out of hand and when the bubble pops the new stock is going to be regularly priced.

Besides the fact that Vega is coming out and is using hbm, meaning no one can use those for mining.

Just google "anti static bag" on amazon, there's a bunch of sizes for a few bucks. With how high the demand is, I doubt miners will care if you have the original box or not

Just did a 10 pack of bags is $13. Whelp it's time for ebay. Thanks for the help.

Just sold 580 for 500 where should I go from here?

Why the fuck are people paying so much for 480's? I just bought mine a few months ago retail for like 230$

They're the most efficient chipset and architecture for cryptocurrency mining. People buy up a bunch of these of a time, run them to the ground at 100% load for months, makes a bunch of money, and then sell them when they're done.

ethereum mining

having to say anything else is too much

Thanks

buy a 580 and sell that too.

How much electricity (in dollars) would a single 480 use per month mining eth?

And here I am feeling miserable for having one since launch and never mining anything. I must be severely retarded.

I started mining just yesterday.

I just got an alert on my phone that Ethereum dropped in value 96% or something today, anyone know anything about this? I might have just sold mine in time if this whole craze dies down

It was a flash crash. It's still $300+ per ether.

Interesting, still shows how volatile crypto currencies can be

>am ausfag so prices are retarded
I had dual 480's for a while. Sold the first one for $550 at about the start of the boom, and sold the other for $720 just last night.
A friend of mine is willing to sell me his Crossfire 290X's for $250 each, so will probably be an asshole and resell them for about $400.
Then I might just buy a GT740 and finally build a HTPC for me and the missus as opposed to using a PS3.
GT1030 is about 3 times as much as the GT740, which is the main reason I'm considering it.

Oh absolutely, it's certainly not a stable investment. Lucrative/quick money but nothing I'd hold onto for the long term.

I have a msi rx 480 gaming x 4gb, and I've barely used it this past year mostly due to issues with my cpu, I'm thinking about selling the gpu, and saving the money for something else to come along while possibly getting a better cpu.

How much do you think I can get for it online?

Probably $400

I've got 4 sapphire 480s with original everything, 2 290s and a 7870, any ideas on what a Bro could make selling that?

buy an msi or evga 1070

About $350. 4gb is not an issue for mining. Just expect to be stranded without a gpu for a bit

idk man but some random google search said this

Ethereum mining @ 1GH/s: 40 x GPUs = $5000+ per month

ima wait this one out boys. dont really care about making a few bucks, but if it gets to ridiculous levels like $500 profit ima sell dat shit

So my GPU died on me and I had to RMA it, Zotac 1070 Mini. Out of stock everywhere, they got my card yesterday. What are the odds of them sending me a 1080?

Probably like $2400 total.