He fell for the Mandarin meme

>He fell for the Mandarin meme

'airy chinese fella

chinese are the most hardest working and smartest people on the planet. if you think china won't be japan in 1990 times 10 in a few decades you're living in a fantasy world

t. Genghis Chan

i'm actually honored by this implication, though i wouldn't expect you to understand WHY

t. hairy ape man who went around the world looting and chimpouting on thousands of cultures

>lol

no, they can work hard but a fuckton are lazy and look for shortcuts. its what fuels the huge corruption culture and general mismanagement everywhere.

japs have a different mentality, its a lot more dedicated and focused on doing and focusing on things.

so lazy yet they still beat you in everything

>if you think china won't be japan in 1990 you're living in a fantasy
Undergoing an economic collapse and experiencing massive amounts of capital flight to the US?

>Mongoloid insisting that Mongoloids are the hardest working and smartest people

>tonal language that a Westerner will never EVER master
>a good portion of China doesn't even speak Mandarin
why do people try learning this again

China won't collapse but it will gradually stop growing especially when investors realize it's no longer the land of tomorrow. I'm confident they can beat the middle income trap, they show every sign that they're up to the task.

t. zhang du hao and ping tou li

>'m confident they can beat the middle income trap

A large country fundamentally cannot beat the middle income trap. Macroeconomic theory prevents it because high growth is typically followed by high inequality. The regions that are least developed lag behind and hinder the regions that rapidly develop, hence the 2-3% growth rate you start to see in middle-income economies. China is only developed along the coast, start going inland and you will meet bumbfuck farmers who shit on trains and can't do basic reading, writing, or arithmetic.

brilliant post

A large country like China can beat it by doing it in sections and phases, I don't know if they're doing it on purpose but there are places in China like Xanghai or Zhejiang that are pretty much on the verge of beating it. The theory behind it would mandate that the most intelligent and productive individuals move to the established core development areas; the populace seeks out and migrates towards the development and not the other way around.

Their growth rates have already begun dropping. Sub 7% growth rate like now means that their GDP-per-capita principle would take +10 years to double from the current 9K USD. They have already fallen into the middle-income trap.

India is the next rapidly-developing country with the current highest growth rates of any large-country. Investors have already shifted FDI from India to China, who is now the largest recipient of FDI in the world.

how much do you get paid for this shill?? pathetic

Due to all the currency wars China is engaged in GDP per capita is a fairly useless measure of prosperity, when adjusted for PPP you get a much better picture of what's going on.

I kind of agree with your assertion that the Chinese interior will take a long time to develop, if it develops at all, but there are already established cores in China that have beaten the middle income trap, we just have to wait for the populace to gradually move there. But heck we even have the same in Portugal, the interior is dirt poor compared to the coast and we've been developing for a much longer time. There is nothing fundamentally prohibitive for the continued development of core Chinese areas as long as they can get meaningful FDI that has technology transfers attached to it, especially from places like Taiwan and HK.

Now, as for India, I agree that it's about to see a boom, but Indians are not Chinese and I'm not so confident in their ability to progress, but I would certainly bet on it if I had the money,

Although I've always looked to Vietnam as the country with the most potential to develop, with an intelligent population operating way below the prosperity levels it should.

t. Economics student.

>playing economic catch up is the same as fostering the innovation necessary for real growth

Sub 7% GDP growth rate prevents them from being considered a 'rapidly growing' economy.

6-7% is considered 'fast growing' economy.

Sub 5% would be firmly in the 'middle-income trap' status.

Sub 3% is developed-nation tier.

China has already dropped the moniker of 'rapidly-growing' economy. They are a 'fast-growing' economy and will be until 2018-19 by most estimates. Then, probably sub-5% for 'good but still middle-income-trap' status post-2020.

It would take a literally miracle for China to push past 7% growth rate post-2017 without fudging their numbers, something which some suspect they already are. There is no silver-bullet for macroeconomics, unless you are an unstable Bannana-republic.

Well. they will obviously not be converging as fast as the majority of the fear-mongering plebs claimed, but they will not have a catastrophic fail either.

But what's more important is that parts of China have already beaten the middle income trap and there is no fundamental impediment of a slow and prolonged convergence process as long as people from rural areas in China are allowed to keep moving into the cities. China is too big to develop in it's entirety in an affordable manner, therefore it's the people that will gradually seek those areas.

Sure, it will take a long time, but it will happen because for parts of mainland China it has already happened.

i wish, mandarin sounds so cool....

xie xie wo ai ni cheng xiao

You are arguing multiple things here.

>they will obviously not be converging as fast as the majority of the fear-mongering

Yes, they are falling into the middle-income trap. It is well-acknowledged by several CCP-run state publications like the People's Daily.

>But what's more important is that parts of China have already beaten the middle income trap

Nobody is disputing this. As I said, it is on the Macroeconomic level that large-country like China cannot beat the middle income trap.

Urbanization is a process that has been ongoing for decades now, it is not going to fundamentally change the Macroeconomic condition of China.

>Sure, it will take a long time

Hence the middle income trap and the declining GDP growth rates. Investors looking for short-term returns have already dropped China and are investing in India and SEA.

>Yes, they are falling into the middle-income trap.
China is too big and, ironically, too diverse to consider as a single entity. Some parts of China are already developed enough like Tianjin, Beijing, Shanghai and Jiangsu, to consider to have surpassed the middle income trap.

>Urbanization is a process that has been ongoing for decades now, it is not going to fundamentally change the Macroeconomic condition of China.
I'm not talking about regular urbanization but a massive exodus of people to the developed cores.

>Hence the middle income trap and the declining GDP growth rates.
That's different, a middle income trap is the case for Brasil and South Africa, but China will continue to see slower but inevitable progress. I doubt even half of Chinese provinces will ever surpass the trap but once you take it as the whole, you will eventually see it converging albeit at a slower pace, which is not the case for countries stuck in that trap.

Most asian languages are pretty shitty to be honest, really screwed them over later with the printing press.

>hurdur I don't know how economies function

If China crashed at Japan 1990 levels, they would be crying themselves in joy.

Also, Japan's stagnation only began in 1997 actually. It actually grew 2.5% YoY average 1990-1996.

>>a good portion of China doesn't even speak Mandarin

What nonsense am I reading?

6.7% growth adds $1.4 trillion to China's economy each year.

>India largest recipient of FDI
America*

>6-7% is not fast growing

Dude. There's only 10 countries in the world with the growth rate of China.

>well-acknowledged

What? Source?

>it is on the Macroeconomic level that large-country like China cannot beat the middle income trap.

Are you baiting?

>Investors looking for short-term returns have already dropped China and are investing in India and SEA.
Investment in India and SEA fell 10% last year. In China it fell 15% because of yuan value changes.

China is transitioning to a healthier economy faster than nearly every nation ever.

We will see.

I use South Korea and Japan as the primary model for growth due to their similarities as high-tech, export-driven economies. They fell into the middle-income trap as well. It is not a bad thing, just an inevitable process that all growing nations face.

>Investment in India and SEA fell 10% last year. In China it fell 15% because of yuan value changes.

This is just misinformation. FDI by capital investment is a good indicator of short-term economic health. Your typical get-rich-quick scheme for foreign investors. China has fallen quite heavily to #2 in the past several years.

china doesn't allow gaijin investment. simple as that

Just remember that Taiwan, HK and Macau (although Macau doesn't count because it's so sui generis) were able to do it, but yeah we will see, only time will tell.

No it is not. Investment in nearly every country in the world fell last year. Especially in Asia and Brazil.

Also, China recieved $2 trillion in FDI flows the last 30 years. The fact it still got $56 billion while the yuan devalued was impressive.

They have problems. But their growth continues.

Only the CCP's political problems could fuck up China's growth.

When the fuck are they releasing the next season of An Idiot Abroad?

I love watching that guy get fucked with.

>itt
china deniers btfo

>They fell into the middle-income trap as well.

Hey, China's economy has a ton of problems stemming from their political system.

No one knows what's going to happen, and reforms aren't coming quick enough for investors. So the hot money leaves. It's speculative, but it's still money.

Nonetheless, the meme that they are going to collapse is pathetic and baseless.

Every reputable economic institute and organization predicts Chinese growth to remain above 6% until 2020.

The real question is what happens after that. I don't think anyone knows, but the speculators don't want to wait and find out. Which is bad for China.

>They have problems. But their growth continues.

Of course. I am not the doomsayer, just pointing out the writing on the wall that China isn't going to be a +10% growth rate country anymore. That time has rightfully passed and won't ever come back. Now is the time for stable 6%, then 4-5% post-2020, growth with low inflation.

>Only the CCP's political problems could fuck up China's growth

Their instance on capital controls and number-games are leading to a bubble. Encouraging cut-throat growth competition between provinces to the point where governors are actively encouraged to build ghost cities, repave new roads, and keep the power plants running on overtime just to report 'increased consumption' is a textbook case of the Broken-Window fallacy happening in real-time.

I'm no expert so I could easily be wrong, but I get the feeling that their environmental problems will be a much bigger long-term concern than anything. They have too much of a zerg mentality to have new major political problems, at least for the time being.

Also they're headed for a demographic crisis even worse than that which is befalling the Western world. But that won't be really felt for another few decades.

Their biggest problem will be demographics. They are headed for a Germany-tier crisis.

The difference is that China is too large to rely on immigrants to prop-up their demographics crisis. They would need to accept hundreds of millions of Africans and Asians to make-up for the deficit.

t. Ogodei