So Sup Forums I'm upgrading OS SSD and I need to install a new windows OS on it. Should I go with windows 7 or 10?

So Sup Forums I'm upgrading OS SSD and I need to install a new windows OS on it. Should I go with windows 7 or 10?

Install gentoo

7 or 8.1 with Classic shell.
10 is not an option

If you don't want 10 and absolutely must use Windows, then go for 8.1. Personally I'd just install 10, they're all non-free botnet software anyway, may as well get the latest version.

i thought 7 was the least botnetish

>the comparison
Why would you do that to your product?

Nah, they're pushing their telemetry bullshit on 7 and up. The year of linux on the desktop better fucking come soon.

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB N 2016. Legit ISO and a cracker, or pick it up from Gen2 pre-ac'd.

It's still an MS botnet. There's no real "scale" here, it's either malware or it isn't.

whats the difference between ltsb n and ltsb?

Windows 10 has the Windows store. It's got a bunch of cool shit in it.

Get that one.

Windows 9 best windows.

LTSB N doesn't come with XBOX shit, nor does it come with Windows Media Player.

It's completely fucking clean.

None of Microsoft's proprietary bloatware like the Windows Store, XBOX, or any of that shit.

>None of Microsoft's proprietary bloatware
except the OS itself

You can sift through the updates and not get the telemetry, but its a real pain in the asshole. Honestly, If you can just go with linux. If you're MUH GAMES tier like me wait for proper IOMMU support from ryzen.

10 for sure. You can do the whole ltsb thing, but it's mostly snake oil

Keep waiting for the year of the Linux desktop and it'll never fucking happen.

windows7 is slow as fuck on a ssd lmao

just get w10, turn off and uninstall things you don't like

>I need to install a ... windows OS
why

7 wont detect M2 drives during installation. You can install it on SATA drive then clone it after you've installed M2 drivers. Something to keep in mind.

hush