Uber now implenets a tipping option

Will you tip user?

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/uber.html
stallman.org/uber.html
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Of course m'driver

Tip more especially if it is a female driver. They have a harder time.

I don't use Uber, so no.

>Uber
stallman.org/uber.html
>I don't use Uber, so no.
This

Sup Forums is full of autists who don't go partying so I doubt anyone uses uber here.

^facts

Women have a much harder time driving than men.

this, why would I want to drive in a strangers car, how the fuck can I be sure it isn't a molester or crazy freak? AND WHAT IF HE OWNS AN iPhone OR A MacBook?

Tipping is for cucks

This guy proves me right

What do you do when you are in a new city without your car, or go to a bar and cannot drive drunk. Take a taxi? It's so much more expensive :-/

If you want those assurances I'm afraid you will just have to never leave the house.

>drive
You'll be riding.
>molester
Your stench will protect you

BTFO

>
>What do you do when you are in a new city without your car, or go to a bar and cannot drive drunk. Take a taxi? It's so much more expensive :-/
Buy another car

I meant traveling to a new city temporarily.

Yes, buy a new car in that location.

I'll tip pajeet a poo in the back seat

That is a huge waste of money. A fool and his money are soon parted! hehe

>how the fuck can I be sure it isn't a molester
Registered sex offenders are not allowed to drive for Uber, or any felon for that matter.
> or crazy freak
Do not accept rides from drivers with low rating scores, that can be my only advice.
> AND WHAT IF HE OWNS AN iPhone OR A MacBook
Then you know you are in good hands :-P

Enjoy your $150 damage fee

No, what will the driver do anyway if I don't tip... Stab me?

drivers have to rate before they can do anything else in the app. drivers won't be able to see if they got a tip before rating (lyft already works that way). so in-app tipping should eliminate the practice of drivers decreasing rating if no tip.

If the driver is extra super ultra nice, if you know what I mean.

the whole point of uber is that it's cheap, are they going to start a whole
>if you can't afford to tip, you can't afford to ride
movement? we should be eliminating, not implementing, tipping.

B-But user, that is in violation of the terms of service

I have my own car and do not use anything else for transportation ever. So no.

The whole point of Uber is that drivers will be eliminated completely and self driving cars will be used

I live in a rural area so it's not often that I've been able to really try Uber.

I was looking forward to trying it and I liked that the price was all-inclusive, but I'm annoyed that magically now tipping will now be expected, on top of the existing price I'm sure.

>What do you do when you are in a new city without your car
I would rent a car or just ride along with whatever friend I'm visiting.

>or go to a bar and cannot drive drunk.
I don't go to bars or get drunk, but even if I did I could just walk. Bars are everywhere, I'm sure there's a bar near where I'm staying in said new city.

I am so sick of being guilted into tipping.
fuck you, I can't wait until the machines take over your shitty job

Pretty sure Uber is cheaper than renting a car

Well well sir if you're not going to be welcoming, understanding and nice I think that maybe I won't tip. It's a shame, really! Your job is difficult, I'm sure you could use the extra cash.

But hey, we wouldn't want to violate the terms of service now, would we?

Then make a floss alternative that lets me pay with crypto currency.

o-ok user i will do whatever you say, just please be gentle. I have to provide for my wife's son

If you're only going to take one trip, sure. If I rent a car, I can go wherever I want whenever I want without waiting for some Uber driver.

I hate this shit, Uber drivers already make more than cab drivers.

Today I already had a guy try to guilt me into tipping, even though it's not on the app yet. He kept trying to be my friend and awkwardly made hints as I was getting my groceries out in the hope I would tip him.

Fuck, this shit will be worse when it's officially in. Why the fuck do I have to subsidize their pay?

oh user, no one wants to molest a sweaty nerd like you

Give him a 2 star rating, that'll show him/her

Danm... Uber drivers are like THAT?

The driver will just see you as a cheapskate.

>go out
>tip your uber driver
>tip your server
>tip your bartender
>tip your stripper
>tip your uber driver to go home
>tip your pizza guy
god bless America

Yeah and?

I use uber because I'm a cheapskate.That's the main reason people use them over cabs, no shame in it lol

I hoard up when groupon randomly sells the $20 gift cards for $10. Only comes out to about $2-3 a ride when I do my groceries. Fuck giving tips. They decided to drive, it's not my problem that some of them think it's a job instead of a way to earn cash on the side.

Not a goddamn chance

Thanks a lot Goldstein

If I wanted to tip I'd use lyft, now do you want customers or no

> I didn't invent it so it violates your freedom

There are a lot of things you can shit on with Uber. This is by far the worst argument.

It's not like Stallman pays for anything himself so he wouldn't understand why someone might like the idea of saving a few dollars.

Stallman is so lost in technology. He really should just retire.

You are right sir, please use my services.

>He really should just retire.
More like expire

Not tipping was the only reason I used Uber. Now that there's going to be "expected tips" I'm just gunna go back to using a regular fucking taxi.

Tips at a restaurant are expected (in the US at least), tips in Uber are not.

Don't know if my employer would bug out Over uber tipping, I won't be tipping.

Alternatively you should probably be using Lyft. Why are you using Uber?

>Should really just retire

If you count that doing what he actually wants to do compared to being a wagecuck, he's already succeeded.

>tipping
lol get real

I mean retire from talking about free software and being the spokes person for the fsf.

Like he is just too detached to present a convincing argument. He doesn't live in the real world.

He gets around freedom violating services by having others violate their freedoms so he doesn't have to. I can't respect that.

Could there be market for a female-driver-only Uber? Cucks and betamales would eat that shit up.

I drive for Lyft, and I'm appalled that Uber drivers were not being tipped.

I used to get tips like 15% of the time, and then I started getting very friendly with riders, had candy, water bottles, etc.

used to get maybe $70 a week in tips, now I'm hitting $300 at like 70% tip rate.

It's called Cabracadabra.

>using uber for anything other than rides to and from airport

degeneracy

There are no lyft drivers in my area

>appalled
Fuck you and your tipping bullshit. Nobody should have to subsidize your pay.

>offering candy and water bottles
You mean you made your riders feel awkward and compelled to tip. I bet you're one of those assholes that stands around for a minute or two after the ride trying to guilt them into tipping too.

Speaking of tips, what do you tip a barber? I got my hair cut today and gave him a little over 1/6 of the cost as a tip, but he seemed a little ticked off as I left.

I go to a salon and my cut costs $25, so I tip her $5. Been going there for like 5 years so I'll tip the %20

Isn't it dangerous to drink or eat something offered by a complete stranger?

>stallman.org/uber.html
>refers to uber as 'guber' and 'goober' in a supposedly serious position document
Absolutely infantile.

It's just silly little play on words, what is your problem?

This is definitely not a new thing, I've been able to tip for the past year. Guess nobody here has ever ubered before.

>tfw poorfag
>no car, only use uber to go to the supermarket or for emergencies when i need to get somewhere quick
>live in a college town in florida so the majority of drivers are either rich chads/stacies or rich retired people just doing it to have something to do
>now they'll expect even more money from me because they made "only $50" in the past two hours
>the rich literally getting richer while the poor get poorer because "not tipping is rude"
ITS NOT FAIR REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You don't have to tip. It's not hard to understand.

>drivers rate you 2 stars and future drivers will now avoid you

The drivers will eventually remember who tips/doesn't and either refuse to take me or rate me bad on future rides

Drivers don't know if you tipped them or not.

So how does it work they just get all their tips at once at the end of the month or something?

Yeah pretty much. And besides, an Uber driver cannot accept another job until they rate the most recent trip. They aren't alerted as to whether or not you tip or not, therefore your score is not affected by whether or not you tip.

Oh fuck goodbye neighbourhood.

This is just another way Uber is going to pay its drivers less.

>not tipping your wifes bull

>not billing your company for a $100 comfy (but not stretch) limo ride to the airport

Do you even engineer software?

>the only acceptable tip.

Tipping while driving seems unsafe and unless the driver is a dick I don't think I'd want to tip the car over even after I'm safely out.
What is Uber thinking?

You want a tip? I'll give you a tip.
*unzips dick*

Not only will I not tip, I also won't use Uber at all.

hehehe

Unfortunantely not possible in krautland.

Our taxi lobby is too strong.

>using uber
>any fucking year
good Sup Forumsoyim

stallman.org/uber.html

>If you're only going to take one trip, sure. If I rent a car, I can go wherever I want whenever I want without waiting for some Uber driver.
Try that drunk.

Yes I am using Uber, what are you going to do about it?

Ever tried walking, fatty?

No, I have 2 cars and an SUV. I hate not driving myself, why would I pay some kid to drive me around?

That's not common, usually, if the line for pickup is more than 100 cars, you should get back to the city if you want rides.
Also, asking for cash is totally forbidden, that guy can sent a complain directly on the app the put that fucking driver out of service, thats a pretty lame thing to do.

>Ever tried walking, fatty?
Yeah because I want to walk for 30 miles home when I'm already drunk, how fuckin stupid are you, you dumb piece of shit?

That wasn't funny. You have to go back.

>why would I pay some kid to drive me around?
Because perhaps you wanted to go out for a night of drinking with friends

i do party. but when i snort like 300 bucks I'm not going save money by using uber. I usually take cabs.

Besides that, taking part in the traffic drunk is illegal here even by foot. Police will tell you to get in a taxi.

Go to a closer bar, you fucking moron.

If I go drinking it's usually at someone's house and they'll met me stay the night in one of their guest rooms. Bars are not my thing but every now and then if we do go, someone takes a hit to be DD for that night.

>Go to a closer bar, you fucking moron.
Big town has better bars and more bitches.

That's pretty damn ridiculous. Walkways are "traffic"?

only to girls

Lyft had this for ages

>not stretch limo
whats wrong with stretch limos?

>paying more for less

Why? Taxis really suck. At least take UberBlack