Multi-core doesn't matter!

>Multi-core doesn't matter!
>Price/performance doesn't matter!
>Power usage doesn't matter!
>Temperatures don't matter!
>Soldered dies don't matter!
>*NEW* Locked platform features don't matter!
>*NEW* Synthetic loads don't matter!

What's next to be added to the list?

Other urls found in this thread:

valid.x86.fr/0z5y9q
chiru.no/u/average_intel_owner.webm
pcpartpicker.com/product/pGQRsY/asus-tuf-x299-mark-2-atx-lga2066-motherboard-tuf-x299-mark-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Staying 22 hours in a thread doesn't matter.

I don't care about anything else - I just wouldn't have an AMD CPU because it's the poorfag brand.

More projection than a movie theatre.

>Price/performance doesn't matter!
I haven't seen anything beat an Intel build since Lynnfield.

How on earth can you keep making that statement with a straight face, when there is more care, more money, more thought which translates in to more quality put in to the AMD chip during construction?

Silkscreen printing on the IHS with the brand. Soldered to the substrate

Intel cuts any more corners and they are going to send you a DIY heat spreader kit because assembling the chip costs money. Then void your warranty when you didn't do what they wanted you to.

All true.
What's your point rajeesh?

>rajeesh
All that projection.

R5 1600 has ridiculous price/performance ratio. Especially when you factor in cooler+motherboard.

I picked this up for $150 yesterday. Try to do better.

>*OLD* Changing motherboards every time you upgrade matters very much to us

7800x® is definitely superior in price/performance.
just 389$ MSRP, 6 core, 12 threads, over 30% more single core perf, 18% more multi threaded perf

>Comparing used hardware with new hardware
Doesn't work that way, bro.

>Especially when you factor in cooler+motherboard.
Also, the 1600 is $200 on PCpartpicker right now, so that's almost twice the price for the CPU alone.

>performance goes down as soon as it's taken out of the box!
Doesn't work that way, kid.

It's currently running at 4.3GHz. CPU-Z MT of 2097. So, with a 120GB SSD, 2TB hard drive, 16GB RAM, 500W PSU, case, DVD-RAM, and legit copy of Windows 10, find something that beats it at the level of 14 points per dollar.

You forgot the 140 dollar AIO minimum cooling so it doesn't throttle under load. Then the 300 dollar motherboard with half it's features disabled.

It is not a good buy in any sense of the word.

u-uh i bought a 7900k off some kid for 20$ find me something that beats it at the level of bs blablabla

Literally all Intel has is muh gigahertz. And in a generation or two that'll be gone too.

Has nothing to do with performance. Used parts have no warranty. Parts are likely to die sooner. More likely to have been abused. Used parts are a risk and a gamble any way you look at it.

Doesn't work that way, kid.
We're comparing cpu price vs cpu price.
No mobo or cooler discussion allowed.

Ok, you got your two CPUs sitting in the case with no motherboard or cooler. Now what? Expensive drink coaster?

Not my problem, kid.
i don't make the rules.

Price/performance is price/performance. Beat it or shut up.

Ok, then an AMD FX-9590 at 8.4Ghz. Demolishes anything for 140 dollars.

>Just buy used shit and pray it doesn't break or have issues the seller didn't mention!

Yeah, no.

I picked up a r5 1600 for 100 yesterday, can you beat that?

Thank you for leaving them all for me. I made $80 on my last upgrade.

Not even close. The i7 2700k is at around -$100 there.

Been in this game too long to fall for the AMD meme. In the end Intel will stay on top.

>find something that beats it at the level of 14 points per dollar.
Any decommissioned 2P server, including Piledriver magny core housefires, with the best performance/price coming from dual X5560's OC'd into oblivion, and much better performance than your shitty overpriced consumer i7 coming from the plethora of SB workstations that go for pennies, including 2P ones

>Been in this game too long to fall for the AMD meme
Pretty sure if you never owned any AMD CPU you're just underage b&.
>In the end Intel will stay on top.
Sure, just keep praying their new arch in 2021 doesn't suck.

Was the Pentium 3 their last successful arch?

You forgot
>Data centers don't matter
>OEMs don't matter
>Hyperscalers don't matter

Price includes electricity cost. You can pick up a quad 6176 SE for $200 but it will cost you $600/yr to run.

No, it was Pentium Pro.

>Shifting goal posts

Fuck off.

Cost is cost. Buying it to sit in a corner because you budgeted $0 for electricity is 0 performance for your $200.

>Price includes electricity cost. You can pick up a quad 6176 SE for $200 but it will cost you $600/yr to run.
>no, it doesn't matter if the parts could be abused and well worn thanks to suicidal voltages! but electricity cost totally does bro!
Holy fuck that goal shifiting, at least learn about actually good performance/cost CPUs before shitposting
And no, it wouldn't cost 600/yr to run a 6176 SE, specially since it would be pants on head retarded to run one 24/7 instead of getting the efficiency monster known as Ryzen, and electricity isn't nearly as expensive as you are implying it is, not even in cuck countries like Germany

The same argument could be applied to the 2700K dumbfuck

wait the dies are soldered???

Well, AMD had ~10 years to come up with ryzen, time to give Intel the same courtesy.

6176 SE's are 137W chips. 4 of them is 548W. With mobo and PSU efficiency, that's over $600/yr.

2700k is undervolted to 1.195V and doesn't use much to begin with. Anything more efficient is only going to be a couple bucks a year, so you're looking at it taking 50 years just to bring its -$100 down to "free."

>6176 SE's are 137W chips. 4 of them is 548W. With mobo and PSU efficiency, that's over $600/yr.
2P isn't 4 processors dumbfuck, nice goalshifting though, yeah a fucking farm with hundreds of them will pull over 10k in electricity costs, but guess what faggot you aren't running a fucking farm
>2700k is undervolted to 1.195V and doesn't use much to begin with. Anything more efficient is only going to be a couple bucks a year, so you're looking at it taking 50 years just to bring its -$100 down to "free."
Yeah, and undervolted at 1.195 you get much lower clocks, might as well run an Atom at such shit performance
Also, undervolting it like that completely obliterates your performance/cost since you're killing performance
Might as well get a 1800X if you have such expensive electricity, even that overpriced SKU will do better than a 2700K shitted down to cuck ultrabook clocks

The pentium pro bore the Pentium 3 which evolved into the Core and BTFO Intel's own netburst P4 housefires

4P is. You can get a 4P for $200 which is pretty good performance for the price if you're not counting electricity. 2P isn't going to be any better since it's not more efficient.

>you aren't running a farm
Yes I am.

>at 1.195 you get much lower clocks
At 1.195V I get 4.3GHz.

>Yes I am.
Then you should be getting ready to run EBINs, or be running 1700s since you're a hobo
>At 1.195V I get 4.3GHz.
No, you don't, not even golden 2700K's did that, most needed 1.3 V to do that, with golden samples going down to 1.25 V
Post your CPU-Z validation, or don't since you're clearly shitposting

The fuck is this?
>only results are linkedin Intel Jews.

Has AMD finally managed to commercialize a CPU that can compete with the Pentium?

>No, you don't, not even golden 2700K's did that, most needed 1.3 V to do that, with golden samples going down to 1.25 V

Really? Would you like to see it at 4.4 then? It bluescreened at 4.5 so I dialed it down two instead of just one, but it was benching fine at 4.4.

kek @ this thread

>just trust what I'm saying!

Test

>unironically using the word "kid" when referring to someone
KYS fag.
Also, you HAVE to buy the motherboard (and cooler if on Intlel) for the CPU to work so it DOES factor in. Buying a pentium with a 200$ motherboard is a much worse deal than an 5 with a 80$ board.

valid.x86.fr/0z5y9q

Bumping to 4.4 seems to have made it raise the voltage a bit.

>a bit
Yeah, that's not a bit fucking retard, still that's a golden chip
Post your [email protected], oh wait, you can't since you are talking out of your ass

It just brings me back to the same page.
The validate brings it to 1.208 from 1.192 idle.

Yeah, because when your CPU idles it dials voltage down along with clocks, is this literally your first time OC'ing? Do you have any idea of how Intel's P-States work?

P states are disabled, friend.

If your voltage isn't locked then they aren't disabled, and you aren't actually running 1.195V but 1.216V which it's a massive difference

Can't believe aymyd fags are trying to defend Ryzen vs a 6 yo Sandy Bridge and failing

TOPKUK

>resorting to wojak and plain lies
how buttblasted r u

pff I could run my 965 on 4.8GHz with no load and undervolt. I can guarantee you that it'll bsod the second you start prime95.

KEK, Ryzen still won

>Ryzen still won

How exactly?
Better price/performance
Better single thread
Better multi thread
Better OC'ing

Only wins in power consumption... barely.

This vs a flippin' 6yo 2600k ahahah

Willing to put an 1800X on the line about it?

When you have to justify being this broke and lying to yourself this hard...

I almost feel bad for your destitution and inferiority complex.

POO IN THE JEW

>amd unilaterally sweeped the whole server/datacenter market in 1hour and 43 mins
>amd had all the 6 big played on data storage on state to shill for them and talk about the new server amd is building for them
>epyc provides half the tdp of 2 xeons literally has almost 40% more efficiency
>threadripper is coming to analy rape intel
>r3's are delayed because the yields and dies are so good amd dont have many defected ccx to spare
>amd literally flipped the whole industry
>intel resulted into releasing a statement that even a Sup Forums user would cringe
>intel lost 13 billions in one day
>the only thing they had to anncounce is a deal with the olympics
>their stock went even more down after the deal
>literally a train wreck
>intel is going to bankrupt and amd will reign
>fuck off

>amd had all the 6 big played on data storage on state to shill for them and talk about the new server amd is building for them
This was the icing on the cake, the presentation was made by them and not by AMD

no no user last time i heard the 7800 has 2944% more single perf
over 9999% more multi perf
it consumes only 2 watts 4 if you overclock it to 10 Thz
it comes with 36 channel memory
with 1024 pcie lanes
and costs only 10 bucks

well yeah this wasnt an amd show mainly because it didnt had any cringy moment

like that poor girl playing bf1 what was her name again?

>framerate doesn't matter

oh i dont know
1)its a new cpu with more COAR
2)last time i heard on assmark your precious 2600k has 8400+ and 1600 has 13000+ so yeah you can shut up
3)2600k multithreaded perf choose one
4)shit intel has better firestarters that needs a fire brigade everytime you OC something

yeah only wins in tdp cause we all know that intel never lies on tdp
literally 40 watts more than what intel projects

you have run out of arguments you have been beaten with a ryzen dildo your ass is so wide a ryzen waffer can fit in be a man and accept your faggotry

>buying new cpus
pretending like you need a new cpu for "work" reasons is laughable at best

forgot your pic

They had been working on Zen since 2012.

PCIe lanes don't matter!

imagine being this stupid and fall for marketing jews

Ryzen R3 and Raven Ridge APUs will, eventually.

I wouldn't be surprised is there's no r3's. Just 1400's at a cut rate price. They have too high a yield. And cutting down dies cost money.

So they're just going to drop prices on 1400's or underclock them?

vga don't matter

Soldered does fucking matter.

I swear I will never buy another jizz chip again.

the r3 will have igpus too, so they can't just not sell them

Thats raven ridge m8

>poorfag
Applel shill detected.

t. BE!Awesome

Intel:
>hardy at workloads
>the smoothest hyperthreading
>the most solid wattage usage
>fits well with the best coolers
>has most sockets so you know they have most engineering experience
>when you upgrade, you upgrade the whole set so you can fun shipping

What did I miss?

>the smoothest hyperthreading

In so much that only Intel has hyperthreading. If you meant SMT IBM and AMD laugh at Intel's pitiful excuse.

>>has most sockets so you know they have most engineering experience
>>when you upgrade, you upgrade the whole set so you can fun shipping

this seems out of place. Are you trying to claim those are advantages?

>Upgradeability doesn't matter!

Should be on the list for sure.

Check these out: Intel:
>is like a tiger when threatened by AMD *RAWR*
>protects its processors like mama bear
>uses gum: thinks about customers dental plan

Cheapest x299 mobo on amazon right now is 400$. Kek

chiru.no/u/average_intel_owner.webm

>There is no market for Ryzen, everybody who needed more cores already bought Xeons of X99
>Price doesn't matter, people who need performance can pay for it

you know the first LCD tv was 18,000$, what's ur point

>Marketshare doesn't matter!

Motherboards are not some amazing new invention or technology.

BTW the cheapest on PC part picker is apparently this which is $260 free shipping. pcpartpicker.com/product/pGQRsY/asus-tuf-x299-mark-2-atx-lga2066-motherboard-tuf-x299-mark-2

Nobody's mentioning IO bandwidth, but when they do I'm sure that incucks will say that doesn't matter either.

Someone already mentioned PCIe lanes.