/urban/ + /architecture/

/balt/ edition 2.0

Visit our sister thread on Discuss urban developement, design, planning, urbanization, growth and future of cities, urban life style etc. All discussions about architecture, it's impact on daily life, trends(both historical and contemporary), new projects and anything related to architecture in general, are welcomed here aswell.

Post pics of cities, urban areas, buildings, physical structures, infrastructure also construction sites and renders. Comment and rate.

Last thread:

Why make a thread and not post?

hello

Hey Brazilbro.

can we discuss roofs? Why do mansards look so good?

W H Y

Because why not.

a bit dumb, but saved

Can't wait till the 4th of july, gonna watch the fireworks from my roof.

>a bit dumb
>a bit

Is that OC? Man I would like to visit Nyc, there is no city like it. There is no city quite like it and you don't even need to leave your couch to know it

just a bit

Maybe it's about time architects atarted looking back to the past to regather old architectural principles to try and create something new based on the old

Nah I didn't take that. I took this one though.

/r/ing some good planning

Neo-Gothic is a thing you know

Nothing quite like it

the owner of that corner plot should consider building it higher and get set for life

>google neogothic
>19th century
I am talking about now my amigo

Riverside Church is NICE.

Neo-Gothic is supposed to encompass all Gothic projects post Middle Ages, but you have some nice work from the XX century

And this

that is very nice.

however I was not thinking of a revival, more like trying to pinpoint features of traditional (read: non modernist) architecture and come up with some new style

Easier said than done, but who knows

did someone say Neo Gothic?

you heard it

That's going to be insanely hard to do with Gothic in particular.

Although with rapid printing of 3d computerized molds I could see an ultra-late flamboyant gothic with extra natural motifs coming up.

This is actually very well designed although most plebs from this side of the Atlantic will call it tacky.

There are features which most traditional architecture share, like properly spaced columns (not necessarely round ones), arches, curved or roofed like features around windows, angled roofs, etc. which could be adapted into a new thing of its own, away from any other style while close to being aestethically pleasing.

I doubt it will happen though, just spitting out thoughts

firenzi's dome is so good that it is the first thing you see on wikipedia when you look for 'architecture'

not sure how I feel about the cluster fuck surrounding it

I think it fits
>waves of unorganized mess around it
>dirty people all living around it
>sin across all the city
>one thing in the horizon stand out
>a massive monument to god standing out above all

plus they're old buildings, probably there since it's construction lol

Last one.

more buildings that should be taller

Recently built in Russia, it's called Palace of Agricultural

VERY nice

I think majority of Russian cities and town are very cozy

russia likes to pretend it's not european, but they are

look at those euroblocks

The reason why most people barely know any other cities besides Moscow and Saint Petersburg is because the majority don't have huge skyscrapers or anything special, they usually are simply spread out instead of going up like in the West.

Vladivostok, near North Korea

Post your city, /urban/.

Sudbury, (Northern) Ontario.
Population: 160 000.

Nyc, population 8 mil.

St. Paul Minnesota has a nice downtown.

Tel Aviv Metropolitan Area, it's basically a bunch of cities stacked together with Tel Aviv in the center, population 3.11844 million

Montreal, Quebec

Population : 1.6 millions or something.

And the actual city pic.

noice, but the calculation for the urban area makes more sense, westmount for instance is enveloped on all sides by the city of montreal but isnt counted in montreals population because its an independent city.

thats why it makes more sense to calculate population by contiguous urban area

3,4 millions then.

Quite the jump.

where are you from? ndg here

Verdun

>tfw trying to advertise my apartment to find a roommate but nobody wants to live in Verdun

Fucking hipsters. I live 3 minutes away from the River..

yeah my friends are all trying to snatch places in st henri, i just want to live closer to the metro damn

Mississauga, Ontario (Toronto suburb)
Population: 713,443

St-Henri isn't bad though, you have Place St-Henri or Lionel Groulx which is a pretty good metro to live close to.

I live on the Green Line which is fine for me but everybody wants Orange or Blue cause unis.

I think I need to find someone coming with a work holiday visa and not a student, gonna be more flexible as to potential places to live at.

I'm doing it at 400$ all included too (that includes the 30mb/s unlimited internet)

can anyone tell me where this is?

wrocław town hall

good deal too bad im not on the market.

LG is the most based transfer station, has the two most useful lines and isnt a clusterfuck like berri

also the green line has dawson and mcgill, but most mcgill fags live in the ghetto

(check)
thanks

antigua was very nice, thank you quecha san

>ywn be european

>There are 14 posters in this thread.

Why even live?

>russia likes to pretend it's not european, but they are
Who said that? You? Yeropeans? Only westerners say that russia is not europe.