I'm seeing social media reports that Mexican police have just murdered several teachers and journalists

I'm seeing social media reports that Mexican police have just murdered several teachers and journalists.

Is everything okay Mexico?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastry_War
mobile.twitter.com/syndicalisms/status/744561617376002048
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When did Mexico have war with France?

it's a political clash among the """""teachers""""" union and the current goverment, the gvmnt wants to take their political/economic privileges away so they got pissed. it's a long story

Mexico is capitalistic, so it doesn't matter how terrible their government is.

19th Century, two times, the last one after the war with usa

Doesn't matter as long as they ain't commie they can eat as many babies as they wish.

It was right during the American Civil War(on purpose).

yes, they did. This entire shitstorm started when the teachers were stripped of certain privilages (like passing down to their children their job), and thhat's why they're mad as fuck

yep, everyhting is okay

>like passing down to their children their job

Wow. I didn't know Nepotism was government institutionalized. Usually it's under the table like Jew's in Hollywood.

Well that's a bit fucked.

But do mexican people seriously think it's ok for the government to shoot and kill protestors?

What was the context?

yes it is, and you have no idea how that fucked things up (even more). Now they're mad because MUH CHILDRE ARE unemployed N SHIIIETT (many spent their time lazying around because "haha i already got a job morons haha")...it had to happened sooner or later.

Most people are skeptical about this stuff, the teachers union is corrupt to the core so is the gvmnt

French imperialism.

Europeans wanting to fuck shit up as usual.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastry_War

That's fucking horrible. I've always known about classwarfare in Mexico being pretty bad. But I didn't the government actually played favorites.

dude, even if we're not okay with it, they don't give a damn about our opinion, if you complain either they'll make you disappear (if you truly are annoying) or they simply send someone to beat you up and scare the shit out of your family. The """teachers""" union has had many privileges for many years, the whole thing is rotten to the core.

Jesus Christ. Was this the result of yesterday's game?

Nah, it's been boiling since 2012

yep, it is infurating as fuck. It doesn't really matter how good you are or how many degrees you got, if you don't have someone (parent, really really close friend, lover working for the institution, company, etc.), you can't get a job. And the same aplies when a foreigner wants to get a job at a university. The wife of a friend of mine (she's german) tried to get a job at a uni, master degree, four languages (english, german, french and spanish), what did they tell her?: no miss, you're not what we need....it's fucking nonsense, but it happened (not surprised though, system sucks)

mobile.twitter.com/syndicalisms/status/744561617376002048

So apparently, in a protest the cops out number the protesters.