Coding used to be a valuable skill that gave autists a chance at becoming millionares because it was complex technology...

>coding used to be a valuable skill that gave autists a chance at becoming millionares because it was complex technology and they were the only ones who could grasp it

>now Pajeets are shitting out code as low as 5 bucks a pop and normies are learning it because the Zuck told them to

What now?

i know a front end dev who makes 100k/year

>tfw full stack dev at 60k/year

As long as $5 is double of the average wage in some countries, you're gonna have to deal with it.

I agree with the normies learning it part tho.

>xe calls programming "LE EBIK KODING XD"

you're part of the problem

@61027831
filtered

>tfw in highschool they told me comp sci grads were in high demand
>also some profs told me this
>going to graduate next April
>come to Sup Forums and everyone complains the market is flooded and there's no jobs
Fuck, I fell for the meme like everyone else didn't I

>yew Pajeets code better than Americans

>tripfag
>triggered by words he doesn't like
pottery

No pajeets in C, asm, COBOL, etc.
Get good.

If all the normies are doing it then you should probably thinking more far ahead

Anyone can shit out thousands of lines of simple code

compsci =/= coding

This.

Learn a complex language like C++, so not to compete with normies and pajeets

Pretty much this + pork cycle. Pork cycle is

>some industry / career is in dire need for new talent
>tons of people study for that industry / career which takes time
>meanwhile the gap is already filled
>now there are too many people in this industry / career
>people decide not to study for that industry / career because there are too many people
>the same industry / career is in dire need for new talent again

Why are you faggots inviting more competition into an already saturated field?

I had to accept half of what I used to make when I transitioned from web dev to embedded, solely because there are less and less embedded jobs around and employers exploit this and push wages down. Stop telling everyone to learn C, you're ruining the industry.

I can't help it if you're a bad negotiator.

Embedded is still full of pajeets.

The embedded/non-embedded pay differential reflects the fact the former is closer to genuine engineering, not actual demand.

I'm telling you, it's the competition, not my negotiating skills. As I said, I earned almost twice as much money when I did Python web back-end than I do now.

Embedded jobs are saturated as fuck, there's a reason why Google and Apple and all these big companies are bringing in all sorts of Indian fuckers that has done JavaScript for two months, meanwhile embedded companies are continuing to fire people and never bring in people.

I'm telling you, you're contributing to driving wages down.

>compsci =/= coding
True, but who needs ppl shouting
>LOL U R ALGORITHM ISN'T FEASIBLE
>LRN2REDUCE TO SAT
>TFW UR THESIS IS 0.0001% MORE EFFICIENT

You can get 16yo pajeets for 2$/h that know C++ if you're willing to go remote
WTF are you on about

And you can get Ukrainan or Russian 16 year olds that are willing to do it for $4/hour, only in a saner timezone.

Right.
So really, there's no future in Koding truth be told.
Much like every other field desu

It's just a lottery for who's gonna get fired sooner rather than later or have to swallow a sweet sweet paycut (and then another and another etc)

>enjoy the last few years of prosperity westbros

Time to enter Computer Engineering!

>he fell for the CS meme

>he didn't do truSTEM

>tfw genuinely good at coding but find it incredibly tedious

It's simple. We kill the globalization.

Normies are retarded enough to actually get degrees in programming instead of learning engineering shit that takes effort

Alternatively, they'll take $10,000 bootcamps that teach the same shit that you can learn with a good bit of internet videos and book reading

There's a reason why Pajeets are replacing them

all the normies are working towards slave labor for the big 3 while true intelligent beings are pushing things forward with shit like AI and Robotics

>following the herd
its your fault.

At least it's not 23k.

then why aren't you back doing python?

>gave autists a chance at becoming millionares
Nice meme. The autists in the business are parading from a leash, handled by the sales / tech vc guy that founded the shebang.
All the "programming" millionaires are well ajusted adults with well-off families from the beginning. Because you actually need money to start a business and muh 0-dollar haxxor biz is just jerking material.

As long as $5 is double of the average wage in some countries, you're gonna have to deal with it.

>tfw slav

Have fun grinding your brains pushing the state of the art and then saying "it's not a big deal" when you never own any of the patents and the company equity they give you becomes monopoly money when they sell out.

Emigrate, user :^)

Bill Gates is textbook autism and Zuckerberg is a lizard man

who are you trying to fool man

tfw western bros import shitskin leeches in masses but blame and deport hardworking slavs

Yes america is open to all. FcUk borders.

Learn economics too

He's an autist with a Harvard degree, with a family afluent enough to have him near the highest of consumer tech, university of not. He also had enough business acumen to screw basically anyone who ever contracted him to do anything. Sup Forumsoys are NEETs with community college degrees.
Who are you trying to fool?

>every tech company is Apple

>tfw part of NATO.
>tfw open borders for burgers
>burgers still demand Visas.

If you can't beat pajeets in coding might as well kill yourself.

I wasn't talking about USA. You do realize that if user is a slav, there's a 50-50 change he can already move withing the EU, right?
Also, enjoy your pajeets.

Pajeets>Mozlems

> (OP)
>Deal with it

MOOOOODS do your job ban the nazis

Shut up nigger

Tfw i get paid to shit out code for my job as an engineer.

Literally just optimisation algorithms for steel and concrete. Lmao.

I crap it out for a few hours a week, shitty slow code in python that barely works, is uncommented and has no exception handling.

In the rest of the time i do real work... ie not nerd computer shit. Actual stuff like design.

>£85k/y + pension and bonus
>my code has made it into production software
>I have an attractive long term girlfriend
>i am not overweight or under weight

Ama.

do u enjoy being poor?
85k/y in the UK is ghetto tier

Are you retarded?

And where are these intelligent beings?
Academia?

Jon up with CIA, NSA, and the military.
There are Chinese rats to be hunted now and in the near future. Go get 'em, code monkey.

Is computer engineering saturated too?

all jobs markets are flooded, you have to pick the one that's the least flooded

It's going to be, probably, but the market seems fine for now.

>tfw people clog up my computer science classes thinking they're going to be elite programmers
>tfw they didn't just go to some boot camp or technical college and instead sully the name of my people.

The surge of code monkeys is caused by dogshit slow meme languages being pushed along with the "everybody can code amirite xDDd" meme. Companies also hire pajeets because they care about price, not quality. Computer engineering is harder and pajeets don't enter the field due to the same reason you don't see any of them in jobs involving things like C, asm, etc. The difficulty of CE is a positive thing in a way but you could say that for programming too several years ago.

Why not figure out a way to be more efficient? If you do the same thing over and over, why not use an autocomplete program with modular sections of code?

Lower wages means better prices for consumers, and it means you actually have to work instead of browsing reddit and Sup Forums, or else pajeet will take your job.

>not realizing pajeets are the real master race

This. If pajeet takes your job then it means he's better than you, by the laws of the free market.

yea goyim it's ur own fault because you're lazy and greedy and don't wanna work for 5$/h like Pajeet

>coding used to be a valuable skill
Stoped reading there, top kek

I bet you need "London allowance" to survive lmao

Enjoy your terrorist attacks

depends on what you make of it, and lots of luck mang, ive been working 3 years as of this month and im contracting on £300 / day or ~ £78k p.a

>Pajeets
This is meme that was build in the 90s and exactly show what is wrong with current programming market, i mean:
>shittiest JAVA ENTERPRISE
>c# click gui code
>shitty c#/java data biding
>crud
>worst wordpress/drupal plugins
>shitty sites
This is territory where indiands are kings, but if you look onto creative and new techonology you will have non of this shit.

>going into a field because it's 'high demand'
you fucking idiot
this is why healthcare fags are raking in the big bucks, everyone else is chasing a "high demand kewlio" career

What lang you code in ?

Well, people often complain about programmers taking other people jobs by automating them, but no one really sees that the field that gets automated the most is programming itself. So it's kinda karmic in a way.

>caring about material wealth
>calling yourself autist
kek, typical normie behaviour

R and SQL mainly, a little Python, i work in data science

>caring about material wealth
that has nothing to do with autism, but rather with being a sucker or not.

Is this what poor people tell themselves to cope?

This.

Along with many defense contractors (Boeing, Lockheed, Raytheon) they literally cannot outsource jobs for national security purposes. Plus it isn't any of that bullshit startup pipedream development, you deal with algorithms and embedded systems that put a hellfire missile right through muhammed's skull.

they actually closed the china analytics center at my company and brought more jobs to local markets recently

You do realize that healthcare is also a high demand field, right? Boomers need someone to wipe their ass and perform their dialysis.

in b4

bool overflows(int x){return x+1 < x;}

Pictures of assholes do not belong on /tech/.

>/tech/
what?

>Sup Forumsoys are NEETs with community college degrees.
Not true. Some of us are NEETs with Respectable Major University degrees.

Self-taught "computer guy". Walked away from a $75k salary for lack of respect and being underpaid imo. Now freelancing for $40/hr. Market is big enough for everyone.

what's it like having to advertise yourself? do you ever have dry spells where you don't get clients?

Join trade?

Advertising for yourself is easy if you're confident in yourself and dry spells sure, but I think that's normal. It really depends on how hungry you are. If you got the drive the work is out there.

>xe

>Coding
lol I work as a software QA engineer for the government, I make $75K a year, and all I do is get paid to break software, and write Selenium Tests. Life is good, Devs be Jelly

>graduated 2008
>was going to go into compute science
>waited too long
>now its flooded

wew lad I am wanting to go into web development, and now I am not sure if it will be flooded when I get out..

They don't belong on Sup Forums either.

>university bragging rights
>wageslave as fuck

It already is

it already is, but its honestly not hard to get a job

i just graduated this past semester with a CS bachelors from a literal WHO university with a shit gpa (2.85)

i applied to basically every company i could think of. Car companies, computer companies, insurance companies, hospitals

i got responses to basically every one and i ended up at HP a few weeks later..it honestly wasnt hard and i have no idea what Sup Forums is talking about in this thread

The people that "made millions" off coding were highly driven entrepreneurs, not autists. Sure the autists could get a career as code monkeys for like 30k/year and it least it was something. Now that avenue is closed. If you want the chance to make millions and you're too autistic for real work just play the lotto. The odds of you winning are astronomically low but so are your odds of making millions off coding or really anything for that matter.

I'd say apply for neetbux but that will very likely be cut soon. If medicare can be cut so can welfare for autists.

>wants America's protection
>surprised there's a cost

>my code has made it into production software
>like that's an accomplishment
>not exclusively programming for production

Another reason is that pajeet code can't survive in the sub-application space. The only reason pajeet code has been able to thrive lately is because of the advancements engineers have made in the IC design, OS, and interpreter spaces. If you had pajeets pushing the shit they push for Android apps in JIT compiler or VM, those Android apps wouldn't be possible. God help us if a pajeet was assigned to designing the branch predictor of a microarchitecture.

The pay is shit, though. It's offset by elder god of the end times tier benefits and housing money, but if you want cash money it's a bad deal. An air-force base came requiting at my school for CS/CE/EE and their starting pay for an employee was less than half what a popular semiconductor company for my school pays interns.

what do you have on your resume user? Any impressive github projects or something to get call backs? Im trying to get an internship as well

I'm considering getting a second degree in software engineering. Is it worth it?

>i have no idea what Sup Forums is talking about in this thread
97.5% of the people the spout this meme have made it no further than a 100 level class in CS. The rest have a degree but no social skills and are incapable of crafting a compelling resume. Yes, the market is saturated with pajeet-tier programmers, but they occupy programming jobs for software that's simultaneously necessary but unimportant enough that it can run like dogshit. They're not taking jobs away from talented developers/engineers.

>american healthcare lmao
It's just an Sup Forums meme, right?