Why I would build a PC that barely can do 1080p if with the same ammount of cash I can buy a console that can do 4K

Why I would build a PC that barely can do 1080p if with the same ammount of cash I can buy a console that can do 4K.

Accept it Sup Forums, PC gaming is dead.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.ebay.com/itm/Dell-PowerEdge-R710-8-Core-2-5-Server-32GB-RAM-PERC6i-iDRAC6-2-Trays-/171669620457?hash=item27f84e86e9:g:yOQAAOSwwvZZSp5B&_trkparms=pageci%3A21236138-577b-11e7-a34a-74dbd1a097a9%7Cparentrq%3Ad120b4da15c0a7e072517f39fff878ca%7Ciid%3A5
eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-07-japans-console-and-handheld-physical-game-sales-at-lowest-point-for-24-years
au.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PS4_Pro_Game_Upgrades_and_Differences
pcpartpicker.com/list/4mvwvV
newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=rx 580&N=-1&isNodeId=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can work on my PC

now try shitposting on it, or doing anything that isn't streaming services and gaymes. This might get more legitimate bites on another board, why do we give a fuck about this. The tech is kind of neat though, cant wait to see the insides

>gaming
Grow up manchild

I can shitpost on an Xbox 360, it has built-in internets exploder. PS triple, too.

i hope someone gets linux on it like they did with ps4 cause it is a good deal

Supposedly getting KB+M support this summer.

It already has a browser. If you could root it somehow to run linux or shit, even Windows IoT, it would be a god machine for the money to performance for several years.

I'd buy one if they let me install Windows 10 Pro on it. But they won't. RIP.

You should be banned from this board.

You can. doesn't mean it will be any good. Limit an fx to 2.x Ghz and see how smooth your web experience is. I tried ps3 browser when it was new and the web wasn't as fat. I gave up and used a mobile instead

It's not even 4k tho

>internally upscaled
>30fps master race

lol no

Ok seems no one has done it yet. I'll be the first.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>B>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>A>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>C>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>K>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>T>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>O>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So make it a mobile browser. Problem solved.

i don't really even understand either

they could do a 60fps target if they want

they have the power to have a pretty 4k60fps game

but they want a SHINY checkerboarded fake 4k at 30fps instead

such a waste

Not even 60 fps capable, what a fucking joke.

>Accept it Sup Forums, PC gaming is dead.
Behold, the insecurity of a console fag

>games
>$CURRENT_YEAR
wtf!

t. ricer who likes anime traps

> PC that barely can do 1080p
> with the price of an xbone x

top kek

fuck off

R I P
I
P
Pc gayem +

how tf is watching and fapping to children chinese cartoons not grownup reeeeeeeeeee

Why would I buy a console that can only accept games from one vendor and only play them in the way that vendor wants them to be played if with that same amount of cash I can build a computer that will accept software from anyone that wants to publish it and accept modifications to that software to make it more interesting or entertaining?

Accept it Sup Forums, console gaming is dead.

>Why would I buy a console that can only accept games from one vendor

Exclusives.

/thread

>Exclusives.
There's more of them on PC.
//thread

>4k 30fps
naw man, naw
for 600 bucks you can build a machine that does the same, but of wait it's a fucking pc you can do anything you want with it, not just play games

If console gaming is dead, that is only because mobile gaming has taken over.

muh 8bit indie crapware

the grand majority of PC games are PC exclusives
no, halo isn't worth a 500 dollar paperweight

Is it really exclusive if I can buy Burly Spaceman Kills Lots of Aliens 42 on Xbox and get a free copy of it on PC as well?

(pic related)

Is it possible to get a computer for $499 or less that can deliver the same performance?

You know you're only going to get
>muh used xeon build off fleabay
as a reply, right?

no. You're looking at 650$ and that's EXCLUDING the 4k blueray player

XBoneX is amazing value

>Why I would build a PC that barely can do 1080p if with the same ammount of cash I can buy a console that can do 4K.
Because Xbox is dead in Japan so all of my weeb games are on PS4/3 and Steam, you also can't play Total War and Grand Strategy or 4x on console so Xbox have exactly 0 value for me.

>my weeb games
shoo adults are talking, go anally masturbate to some underage drawn character

If you are not looking for portability you can just buy a used server with holy shit specs.
m.ebay.com/itm/Dell-PowerEdge-R710-8-Core-2-5-Server-32GB-RAM-PERC6i-iDRAC6-2-Trays-/171669620457?hash=item27f84e86e9:g:yOQAAOSwwvZZSp5B&_trkparms=pageci%3A21236138-577b-11e7-a34a-74dbd1a097a9%7Cparentrq%3Ad120b4da15c0a7e072517f39fff878ca%7Ciid%3A5
Just slap in a hard drive and GPU.

The problem with PC gaming is that many games are not made with local multiplayer in mind, mostly multiplayer over internet (with one person-per-machine). Even games like CoD: Advanced Warfare (as an example) and suchas have local multiplayer on consoles, but not on PC. Some games don't even have controller support.

If I want to have the buds over to play some games on a big screen, it's most likely not going to happen. Now the PS4 and Xbox One on the other hand...

A much more cinematic 24 fps is more likely.

>Dual quad-core Xeon processors
>32GB RAM
>US $149.60

Yeah, this doesn't smell fishy at all.

KEK:

>PC have everything weeb games and strategy games included
>PS4/3 have everything but strategy games
>Xbox have nothing
Feel free to use actual argument why having less games is actually a good thing, meanwhile I'm going back to playing Valkyrie Drive in 4k 60fps on my toaster.

I bought a shitty hp proliant dl360 g5 from them once. Its 45 shipping BTW.

>weeb
>strategyfag

holy shit

Not him but why? It actually is a genuine good solution to the PC and Console problem. Just let us switch between the xbox system and Windows 10, and Microsoft might finally have made the machine that can make them the kings of the console market again.

Dude, if you all have a PC, you guys wouldn't have to be cramped into a 4 person split screen fiasco

>guys, just hurl all of your desktop PCs and monitors over and let's have a cramped LAN party in the living room!

>imagine unironically playing 4p splitscreen ahahahaah fken normies make me crack up

>still no argument
>even nintendo crap have better games than xbox
Stay mad.

"better" if you're gay and severely autistic that is

Also fuck off back to Sup Forums, /r9k/ and /lgbt/

>brainlet cod kiddo delusions
Stay mad.
Right after you fuck off there with your thread.

2008 hardware can handle 4k, you just need all settings on low and your fps will also be low. do you see how stupid it is to say that something can "Do 4k"?

>brainlet cod kiddo delusions
are you willing to debate you are NOT in fact gay and autistic?
>Right after you fuck off there with your thread.
XBOXX is very Sup Forums: pinnacle of affordable technology

Because games are free on PC.

>are you willing to debate
Right after you provide an argument, name calling only prove you don't actually have any.
>XBOXX is very Sup Forums: pinnacle of affordable technology
I can play 4k video on my cheap toaster and xbox have no games other than brainlet shooters so it's irrelevant, how is that pinnacle of technology? Are you an iPhone user by any chance?

Mobile segment is leeching away all the casual gamers from the console market. Its hemoraging users. The hardcore users stay on the pc as they always have, consoles will die soon.

Xbox OS is literally Windows 10

you can just buy a refurbished laptop for shitposting

I bet the mouse support is fixed rate. No accelerated turns. Otherwise you would have a HUUUUGE advantage over non-mousers. You can bet on it!

what do people that dont play video games do for fun?

people these days are dumb as fuck, so they arent reading. our politics are fucked, so they arent politically informed, ignorant of history and current events. everyone is fat as fuck, so they arent doing physical activities. do most people go to work so they can spend their day sitting on a couch watching netflix or walking around a store looking for more useless junk to buy so it can occupy space in their house? >_> do they feel superior as they slowly waste away physically and mentally.... producing equally uninteresting children along the way that also like watching paint dry?

/thread

Steam machine is better, so is PS

Nigga what?

Take Japan for example. Console gaming is at an all-time low in Japan. PC gaming is even lower. Handhelds are the big thing there. If anything, Japanese consoles are probably bigger in foreign markets than in their own country.

eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-07-japans-console-and-handheld-physical-game-sales-at-lowest-point-for-24-years

The One X can run 1080p at 60fps, what are you talking about? The PS4 Pro, which is a bit less than three times slower, can run some games at 4K/60FPS.

Build me a 4K/60FPS machine for the costs of a PS4 Pro, please.

except its not real 4k these shitty consoles can do

> mouse acceleration in games
Hurl. No thank you.

Companies want to stop people making their own stuff by making consoles strong, gamers will be normie-like

>PS4
>4k thats really just shitty 3k at 60fps with dynamic resolution shit

PS4 Pro can present some games in native (not upscaled, not DRS, no fancy tricks) 4K, and the One X is quite a bit more powerful than that. Educate yourself.

>some games
so could the regular PS4, it had HDMI 2.0 that could support 4k at 30hz.

>XbonerX is quite a bit more powerful
who fucking cares, they're running the same gimmicky bullshit that Sony did. omg 4k shit thats not really 4k but we got HDMI2.1 that supports 60hz 4k woopty do we don't have a single game that does true 4k 60fps.

> literally telling you that the PS4 Pro can display a bunch of games at true, native 4K/60
> hurr it's not real 4K
au.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PS4_Pro_Game_Upgrades_and_Differences

You still can't build me a $399.99 system that runs some games at native 4K/60, can you?

I really doubt it will get keyboard and mouse support even for the tile mess menu

anything with a dinky 480 8gb will do it.

I built a $600 budget gaming PC in spring 2011 with Athlon X4 and Radeon 6850, DDR3, 500GB, DVD, Windows 7, the works

For $600, not a hair over, a few under

The egg

Have...have you SEEN the prices for 480s at the moment, user?

I'm not really sure since I'm a manchild but from what I can gather, wanting to have 'fun' is just a childish desire, once you become an adult you'll find other things like raising a family and building a career more rewarding than just having fun.
An adult here should confirm this though, i'm 25 and I haven't felt this way yet despite my parents and sister telling me I should.

> I'm 25
Got bad news for you dude, for all intents and purposes, you ARE an adult

pre inflation bullshit, there are tons of other cards that have the HDMI/DP for it

My dad is 54 and has a cracker of a time working on his bikes, dicking around in the yard, and getting trashed with members of his bike clubs on camping trips. People who tell you that adults shouldn't have fun usually have empty lives themselves, and should be ignored.

I'm still waiting for the build to prove the point though. You're listing a single part that can't be gotten for the price you're saying, and it will likely still be overpriced when the One X is released.

dont TVs only go to 30fps?

Why do these sperm burpers write these threads like they're talking to someone who cares?

pcpartpicker.com/list/4mvwvV

the 580's are cheap as the 480's were

Also you won't pay tax on this because most of the parts are probably coming from out of state/country AND you don't have to pay a gay ass 60 dollar yearly fee just to play online

There's 8 replies and 47 posters. Clearly people care

Jaguar CPU

So that 4GB card will be enough for 4K? Old mate up above recommended an 8GB variant.

I admit I'm impressed, but the other internals of the One X put that in the crapper with an 8-core processor and 16GB of RAM. I mean sure, exact specs haven't been released yet, but still.

It'd be interesting to see how well that build does 4K.

which developers still complain is an awful piece of shit

>So that 4GB card will be enough for 4K?
yea, the old one was more than capable. You can get the 8gb version for a little more and you'll still come out cheaper than tax.

There you go then.

Wait, where's the case? And are you able to actually access Directron's site to buy that? I tried to take a look but it timed out. 580s (in stock ones) are still over like $400.
newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=rx 580&N=-1&isNodeId=1

>4k60fps
>On a gimped r9 290 in a shitty, unventilated plastic box

Yeah no it's going to upscale just like the ps4 pro. Also you're retarded if you can't realize that console titles have every visual fidelity settings turned to bottom barrel lowest of the low. That's why a PC game running 1080p ultra settings looks so fucking much better than any console running 1080p, and also looks better than any console title at 4k.

this is not even true

it supports 4k60 output they just don't care to target it

please leave

you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about

this is a Sup Forums thread alright

In PC game updates only take 15 minutes, right now I'm waiting for a rockband 4 update which has taken half an hour and it's only at 28 percent, it's hooked to Ethernet and I have a 100mb/s connection.

I was going to build a pc with the money I have been saving here and there but these fucking gpu price skyrocket from crypto mining has made me think I would just be better getting a console instead, some gpu's are double in price sometimes triple

No I do know what I'm talking about and you're either legally blind or just retarded. Consoles have been way behind, they will continue to be way behind, and it's directly due to their hardware limitations.

1080p on the PC at ultra settings/high refresh rate looks a shit ton better than struggling at 4k lowest settings on a console running a gimped version of a very old AMD chip. Fuck off.

>This level of console pleb damage control
>Doesn't understand that consoles have every visual setting turned way down in games
>Doesn't understand that a gimped AMD chip can't possibly run native 4k let alone at 60fps