OPINION NEEDED

Hi
I am a graphic designer, in the last years I am working more and more on packaging design but I have been always working on 2D simple vector designs, now I need to learn a software to create 3D renders of packaging design but also I need to by a laptop good enough to do those 3D design.

Here is the question: what should I buy?

I have been designing on Mac since 10 years ago but I am not sure about the specs on the new MacBook Pro for 3D design, so I was looking into Alienware.

Do you think that the new MacBook Pro is good enough? Is the Alienware 15 (with i7, 16/32 Ram, GTX 1060 or 1070) too powerful for what I need?

Money is not an issue, but I don't want to regret after the investment of a MacBook Pro not good enough but with a familiar interface and good aesthetics nor feel regret for buying an overpowered Alienware that I find ugly and weigh almost 8 pounds.

Thanks for helping

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.apple.com/development-kit/external-graphics/
youtube.com/watch?v=i9BNJrd70Wg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There are plenty of cheaper, more competent looking windows laptops that will work better than current MacBook stuff.

Don't buy into this, OP. Windows 10 is fucking ass. MacOS is superior in every way unless you want gaymen. Not to mention, MBP is god-tier hardware.

MacBook Pro + developer.apple.com/development-kit/external-graphics/

Advance 3D software need modern version OpenGL,using CUDA(only nVidia cards have it) Pixar,video games industry run in workstation windows or Linux with nvidia cards.

Basic 3D software runs fine in Mac OS.

>God tier hardware

Lol fuck off faggot.

this

(You)
(You)

>Mac
Daily reminder that Apple """""""""engineers""""""" are so shit, the 7700HQ they put in their latest Memebook throttled and overheated so bad that it got BTFO by a 6600U in a Surfacebook.

LMAO

youtube.com/watch?v=i9BNJrd70Wg

2 rupees have been deposited in your designated shitting street Rakesh.

>Superior OS
>File manager literally deletes things at random for no reason

Thanks, I just read something about it and also that Apple already solve that, but... will I need Nvidia to do the 3D designs I need? I know nothing about it, but I'll learn... but the laptop will be the tool to do it, I was thinking about Cinema 4D (which license is also a load of money) but I am not clear yet... I am not planing to do any Videogames nor movies or long animations like cartoons and stuff.

What about 3ds max?

I have been using Macbooks for 1 year and have never experienced this. Maybe you are just a dumb ass.

Christ, Apple is a joke.

>This common as fuck glitch with OSX hasn't happened to ME yet so you're just a dumbass!

Applefag logic.

>"common as fuck"
>never experienced in over a full year of daily use by competent user

Yeah, you're probably just a retard.

>This commonly reported problem hasn't happened to ME in a year so YOURE just RETAWTED!

applefag logic.

MACTODDLERS BTFO

>Competent user
>Macbook

>mac
>competent user
topkek

>Tries to use same logic after getting called out on shitty logic

Typical macfag.

refer to:

>Apple shill posting a link to his own paid apple shill thread.

but I took the time to write it out, and I want the (You)'s, faggot

im so lonely

Thanks

samefag

zeroth-order logic

>Gets shit pushed in by multiple anons
>S-s-samefag!!!

Cry more macfag.

>t. mactoddler

>I-Its just the same person shitting on my retarded logic!!!

Why are Apple engineers so shit? I mean they've had overheating problems for decades but how the fuck are they still sucking this bad?

>Design good laptop
>ceo-"PUT IT IN A HUNK OF ALUMINUM WITH NO VENTILATION AND RUN IT AT MAX CLOCKS."
>that's really dumb why would I do tha-
>BECAUSE IT LOOKS BETTER JUST DO IT

and the MacBook is born.

>t. stallman fanboy virgin

>Stallman fanboy
>Windows

Fucking try again macfag.

>t. mactoddler

I never experienced shellshock, so it never happened?

I would not buy the new Macbook if you want to use an external screen... We bought three of the escape 13" version and all three are bugging out in some way, Screens turning off, Desktop glitching out and the fact that its quite expensive buying the adaptors to get two external monitors working (one of the three clients has dual externa monitors)

>I have been designing on Mac since 10 years ago
So choose Mac. You're already used to the OS.
>but I am not sure about the specs on the new MacBook Pro for 3D design
It'll be fine. Pure specs aren't everything, you know. It's about optimization. But if you are so worried about pure numbers, why not just build your own desktop?

Must be a laptop.

lmao

Then you're likely going to want the MacBook Pro. It will be fine. If you'd like to buy the Alienware laptop, that will also be fine. Honestly, both options are good, but sense you've been using macOS for 10 years, just get the MacBook.

Thanks bro

Thanks self!

1. Take whatever budget you had for the Macbook, cut it in half and buy the Alienware. Get the same performance.

2. Spend the same amount you were going to spend on the Macbook on the Alienware. Get 250% performance over the Macbook.

No problem.

What a retarded comparison. Don't buy the Alienware unless you plan to rarely take it out of the house, at that point might as well buy a desktop. Mac makes more sense as a laptop, but macs pretty shit. I'd split the price of the Mac, get a decent pc and a decent laptop or just stick with Mac cause your bf will probably get mad for buying windows.

there are some Ryzen laptops coming out, you might want to wait and see what they have to offer.