So I have a Lenovo IdeaPad y700. I know it's not a powerhouse, but it was a 1000 dollar "gaming laptop"

So I have a Lenovo IdeaPad y700. I know it's not a powerhouse, but it was a 1000 dollar "gaming laptop".

My specs are:
Processor: AMD FX-8800P Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G (2.1 GhZ)

Video Card AMD Radeon R7 Graphics

Video Card #2 AMD Radeon (TM) R9 M385X

RAM 8.0 GB

Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 14393), 64-bit

What kind of games am I looking at here? I have successfully played Skyrim and some older games, but have a lot of trouble running Dragon Age Origins. It seems like a mixed bag, and systemrequirementslab.com often skews it a bit.

Dark Souls 3 premium edition is about 50% off.

My central question was meant to be what will work? That's what the post really revolved around. Does my processor look like it can run DS 3?

Are you playing the Steam edition of DA:O?
Because that version has known problems, namely it crashes a fuckton more than it should and I believe there's a memory leak issue too.

You can probably play DaS1 or 2 (maybe not the SotFS version). DaS1's port is horrid, but DSfix helps and it is a pretty "old" game and DaS2's port has no business being as good as it is.

How well can you run skyrim, for reference?

Oblivion: $9.99
Fallout 3: $2.49
skyrim: $19.99
fallout 4: $14.99

pic related it is what gaben is doing to me

>Fallout 3
>Fallout 4

FO3 is ok, but 4 is absolute garbage. Why not get New Vegas?

I played G O G version, so it's probably even worse lol

Skyrim had a small bit of lag on the camera, but it was highly playable at medium settings. It defaulted to high, but lagged too much

I shit you not. Oblivion lagged worse than Skyrim

I dunno what your talkin about son your hardware must be weak trash y u no 18 cores

I posted my hardware. There is no "must be". Read, reflect, and recomment, retard.

I would just stay away from CPU intensive titles, or turn down the geometry. Skyrim is CPU intensive.

You'll run linear shooters like CoD no problem

A lot of strategy games run fine at 30

Stick with what works best with dual graphics mode, I guess.

I know man. Skyrim was the pinnacle. It's basically the reason I bought the shit. 100 hours in.

I will ask. What is the point of all these cores, if the clock speed is so shit?

Implying they know anything about hardware. I'll probably ask them though.

>small bit of lag on the camera
So you had stutter/frame drops when moving the camera around? That might be cause by Skyrim having quite a bit of shit to load i suppose. Plus the engine is a bit of a mess.
Go for more "linear" games that have less shit to load at any given time.

If you're into RPGs you should check out cRPGs like Pillars of Eternity or the remasters for Baldur's Gate 1/2. I'd need to know more about your tastes to recommend shit tho.

>Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 14393), 64-bit

Yeah good luck playing anything on your fucking mac, college fag

>Using a computer just to play gaymes

Still better than using it just as an expensive dildo, Macfag.

Implying that's what I said. Literally anyone can read this thread and backtrack you on that. I wouldn't buy a one thousand dollar laptop just to play games. That's called failing

Excavator didn't make it out of the 4 core Mobie parts

I'm looking at a CB in the low 80's. For reference a Ryzen gets twice that.

This chip is somwhere between an A8 and A9 in single thread performance >.>

It's multithreaded performance is decent

Literally the entire thread is "What gaymes can I play on my overpriced piece of shit?"
I'm not sure if you're retarded or baiting
Same thing I guess

Cool buy some indie games laptop fag

please go

Dude are you sitting there with a mac and calling my laptop an overpriced piece of shit? You can't do shit on a Mac. It's literally marketed to upper middle class families and developers. The actual quality is irrelevant.

My laptop is not overpriced. An actual gaming laptop is about 3k. I have a console as well.

I'm still not sure if you're bating or not
Why the fuck do you think I use a Mac after posting a fucking Stallman pic?

"I'm not sure if you're bating or not
I'm not sure if you're bating or not
I'm not sure if you're bating or not"

Shut the fuck up dude. You're getting called out on your shit and you're trying to divert the attention.

What the fuck do you use? A stone. Nigga you called windows shit, and I know you don't use Ubuntu. Because that shit is completely irrelevant.

I use Arch Linux you fucking mongoloid
I never once mentioned using homOSeX and posting a pic of goddamn RMS and you called me a macfag so I thought you were just baiting

Please fuck off back to and >>>/reddit/

>starts talking shit

>gets baited

>tells me to fuck off

>Claim Windows is shit
>You wrongly accuse me of using a Mac because you didn't recognize RMS, showing that you aren't from this board
>I claim you're baiting because no one can possibly be that retarded
>"Shut the fuck up dude. You're getting called out on your shit and you're trying to divert the attention"
>Point out your wrong
>"lol you just got baited xd"
epic

>t. mactoddler

literally haven't solved this

>talks shit

>gets baited

>tells me to fuck off

Please tell me this is satire.

What is their to "solve"?
You got fucking destroyed so you switched to "it was just bait bro xd"

Why the fuck do you still use that trip after being eternally BTFO on that Intel post?

dude how did I get destroyed.
This is literally how the conversation went.

>talks shit

>gets baited

>tells me to fuck off

You didn't claim it was bait until after I pointed out how stupid you are
>"Oh shit he's right. Better claim it was just bait"

My "talking shit" was pointing out that OP uses Wangblows 10 and that it's non-free software and they should go to fsf.org

I told you to fuck off because bait or not this thread should be in anyway and so should you

>i was just PRETENDING to be retarded

>t. mactoddler

Bro, I got Windows for free. And I claimed it was bait AFTER you got triggered for something you invited. That's pretty normal to point out logical errors like that.

Also, neck yourself. My Windows was free.