IYO what is the best current smartphone and why?

IYO what is the best current smartphone and why?

> pic related

US$600 buys you near stock Android with faster performance than 99% of you cucks need (inb4 muh SD835), all of the expected reasonable/useful features (waterproofing, SD slot, headphone jack, fingerprint scanner, wireless charging, 2K) and very little bullshit, as well as not looking like retarded Samsung "c u r v y" approach or Google's blatant iPhone knockoff (which is itself criminally outdated)

pretty much the only thing I could knock it for is the 32GB starting storage and spotty features based on region, but the G6+ will supposedly fix both of those if they manage to release it in the right places

Well this thread is immediate shit

BlackBerry Passport
>best OS
>physical keyboard that doubles as a trackpad
>great aspect ratio
>best looking smartphone

IDK I had two SE's but went thru em' and still using 5S

So yeah

Did I mention I had to RMA the SE before I smashed it?

5S master race

I have the s8 plus which is master race and far superior to the g6 in every way.

/thread

OnePlus 5 if only have mSD slut

LG V30 looks like it's gonna be the best once it's released. Phones with under 128GB internal + SD card need not apply.

I'll concede that the S8 does look a lot better on paper and is superior in some ways, but saying "every way" is a bit of an exaggeration

> shite fingerprint scanner, justified by barely usable iris scanner
> TouchWiz
> Bixby bloatware (thankfully they've allowed assistant to coexist for the time being, but once bixby voice rolls out full-scale I get the feeling they'll push out assistant in favor of it, which will be great if it ends up being as shite as I think it will)
> useless curved screen (sole two functions are sex appeal for buyers and gimmicky "edge apps") that greatly increases shatter liability and makes most good screen protectors (read: tempered glass) not work
> mediocre-for-price single camera recycled from S7 and justified with small image processing improvements in SD835
> >$US200 more expensive

i have an iphone 6 128gb from 2014

stopped caring bout this shit a looooong time ago

>mediocre single camera
B8. It's still one of (if not) the best smartphone cameras out.

let's not forget the quad dac

the zte axon 7 is the best phone in the market and is 350$

I don't really count that because IIRC it was released in a ridiculously exclusive region (South Korea?) and not in most global models. Reportedly the G6+ will standardize that and other features across regions, which would be great - aptX is more important for me but I totally respect the need for mobile high quality analog audio

I've had multiple better phones that cost less.

got a 5S myself, really great and snappy phone considering I've had it for four years - probably something to do with the fact that Apple didn't jump on the absurd resolution bandwagon that was gearing up around that time. it's got some "quirks" I probably wouldn't put up with from a newer phone but again it's four years old and kicking the latest OS and most of my apps with little / no lag and completely passable camera and battery life. Great phone.

My Nexus 4 is fucked, what's a good phone? I mostly use it for the internet and music desu

I can get what I actually need for about $250, so why pay flagship prices when decent phones exist well below the price but without too much difference in performance?

daddy's boys getting their phones bought for them who want to wave their "I use a QHD+ AMOLED and SD835 to browse Twitter" dicks, mostly

g5 plus is the one that comes to mind, or the axon 7 / Z play if you want to spend a little more

I'm ordering a 64GB model with quad-DAC from a grey market

warranty is for pussies

hey so uh what's dual camera even good for haha

Link me!

>last years soc
into the trash

You still there user? I switched to ATT from Verizon to use the OP3.

Sick of this shit. I hate Android. Not buying an iPhone.

Can I get a quick Pro/Con from any owners? I'll read specs and check a performance review myself but from an every day long term user what are the quirks. Worth it from the OP3?

Literally the worst form factor ever, where in the fuck do you carry that on your body or do you have a cute little man purse to hide all your pertinent like fucking tampons?

>cares more about 99th percentile performance than actual useful features

the 821 is more than fine you bona fide jerk!!!!!

you can jerk my bona any time bb :3

I don't want to in case they're low stock and some rich Sup Forums bullies buy them all before I have the money together to buy it!

Sony's Z5C is probably the best phone on the market, hands down. It's reasonably sized for anything anyone would ever actually need to do with a phone while still performing relatively well. The construction is elegant, the OS is relatively clean, it's water resistant, it accepts an SD card up to infinity. The real flaw is that its successor is kind of a heap of shit. The Asian domestic market gets labelled water resistance where the USDM doesn't, it's made of plastic and it has the unfortunate design flaw of a curved screen, on the plus side they were more conservative with the hardware which produced extended battery life which is highly appealing for a pragmatist like me. Neither of them output powerful audio which is genuinely unfortunate. Both have managed to corner the premium compact android market, being that they're the only contenders other than their predecessors. I just hope we'll get another iteration this year as I'm getting increasingly fed up with my S5A.

I listed the main pros in the post, here are the cons
>3 row keyboard instead of 4 (still 3 more rows than you get from any other manufacturer)
>non-removable battery
>Android apps only get half the cores to work with
>no microHDMI

aspect ratio

>Literally the worst form factor ever
Literally could not be more wrong.
>where in the fuck do you carry that on your body
In my pocket like any other cellphone.

Disregard the aspect ratio part, that was left over from when I reformatted my post

Regarding the keyboard, what kind of learning curve is there? No shift, no punctuation, no numbers. Is it quite easy to type with after a few days or maybe a week or two? I used to have a Z10 and I thought the automatic correction and word prediction was quite simply the best on the market.

It took me a few days to get used to. When you're typing there's a single row of common punctuation keys and a shift key at the bottom of the screen along with a button for special characters and numbers. You can also long press a key to capitalize it. I spent years bashing it for the three row keyboard but now that I have one I actually prefer it to my Q10. My favorite parts are being able to swipe up under a suggested word to select it, swiping left to delete words, and double tapping then using the keyboard to control the cursor (if you've ever used an HTC Dream or Magic, it's basically like that, but with a trackpad instead of a trackball)

replaced mine with a Redmi 4A while I decide and maybe i'll just keep this for a year

How botnet blackberry is compared to android?

You're asking the wrong guy

and the problem with sd810? what are you talking about a S5A?

I'm thinking of getting a XZs, but I'm afraid I'll regret getting a older generation processor.

s7 edge. most aesthetically pleasing smartphone thats also the most pleasing to hold

>cares more about 99th percentile performance than actual useful features

No, I a Phone in that price category needs to get everything right, so useful features AND top of the line specs.

And while the 821 might be fast enough now, for future proofing the 835 is obviously the better choice. It's also more energy efficient.

>sd810
It has poorer battery life in a phone that doesn't require as much processing power as the standard flagship since the compact line runs at 720p. It's superfluous in my opinion, though it may be easily argued otherwise. Insofar as processors are concerned though my 801 is still running strong, though it lacks many of the gimmicks today's phones boast. The real issue I have is the software updates are non-existant and given the profound security holes that exist on 5.0 I'm a little wary of using it, furthermore the locked bootloader prevents me from keeping or otherwise obtaining root on any higher version.

With all that said that's one of my biggest considerations going forward: future software support.

Or am I

You are

according to sony, it has 7.0 for the z5c
my problem with the sd810 is the heat. I remember it was quite a problem back then. my phone has the sd808 and it suffers the same problem. Seems like sony is abandoning the Z5(s)?

Or AM I???

Actually, just googled and blackberry is no less botnet than android or iOS.
No secure communication with my fellow terrorist buddies nowadays, I miss skype...

is 380 euros a good deal for the g6?

>LG G6
>Near stock android
No
>faster performance than 99%
No
>all of the expected reasonable/useful features
No stereo front facing speakers nor stereo for that matter
Bootlooping is a great unexpected feature
>not looking like retarded Samsung "c u r v y"
No you got the retarded looking face on the back

>No you got the retarded looking face on the back

Do you really spend all of your time staring at the back of your fucking phone?

>he thinks there's another choice

>he thinks there's ever been another choice

Dude yes, have it and love it, now rocking an Priv and for the love of the gods the keyboard/trackpad it's the best thing ever

Every G6 plus apperently gets the quad dac.