Is this fixable?

is this fixable?

What the fuck, user?
Did you literally just sit on it on purpose??

Sure, with enough patience. I dropped my 1090T and bent a load of pins in one corner. Worked good as ever once I finished bending them back.

Yes buy a CPU that doesn't utilize fucking pins

If you're a big enough retard to bend CPU pins, you're a big enough retard to bend motherboard pins. And those are a lot harder to bend back.

yes

hovv

Unbend what you can, and place broken nibs in the proper hole, or trash it, and buy a new CPU. Pre ryzen and CPUs are so cheap that it's probably not worth the time.

I've actually fixed pins worse than op's pics on a socket 939 cpu that came loose with the cooler during transport and flew around in the case.

Then I bent 2-3 pins on a 1366 board and a 1155 board. 1155 board I fucked up even more pins trying to fix it and never again booted, the 1366 board I fixed, but one of the pins broke the next time I switched cpu because of metal fatigue (they acts as kind of a spring) and the board died.

(((I wonder what the purpose of the socket pins was)))

Yeah you can fix that.

Just be patient and take your time. One pin at a time, be gentle.

Its like every day retards come here asking if bent pins can be fixed.

Fake thread

Totally

Using a razor blade and tweasers yes.

Not him but I adjust the pins by using a screw driver, tried also in old PSU (IDE) pins still working

Mechanical pencil.

If you have the patience yo ser every pin straight, maybe. But eben then it's a looong shot.

>(((I wonder what the purpose of the socket pins was)))
Assume that CPU is more expensive, and by killing mobo, you'll get new cheaper.

>AMD hardware

Yea... did you even read the rest of my post?

Or is it you, Isaac?

How the FUCK do people even bend CPU pins?

GENIUS!!

yes, gonna take some time though.

Hard to repair pins is more of a side effect that anything else. The truth is you can have a higher density of pins.

>Intel hardware

Which product is worth more? $1000 CPU or $250 motherboard? Which one should be less fragile, so it doesn't have to be replaced after every (((((accident)))))?

Like I said in my post... The bent cpu pins you straighten out without a problem, the socket pins you buy a new mobo.

Who was it that sells the chipsets for the mobos, again? Can't remember, but I think I smell gas..

What kind of a retard you must be to damage motherboard pins? Do you insert your fingers into it or what?
CPUs are much more fragile, they're smaller and more exposed to damage.

Chipsets are FAR cheaper than CPUs.
>Who
AMD? Nvidia?

If you do some fiddling with hardware It'll probably happen sooner or later, both times the cpu slipped out of my fingers when taking it out and just nipped a couple of pins.

For any reason of retardation, it fucking happens.

Evga had massive warranty fights a few years ago as mobos came with prebent pins new in box.

Take a look at boards displayed at cebit etc, they have pins fucked up before they even hits sale.

I know chipsets are cheaper, but its INTEL that gets the money, because only fucking intel jews us like that.

You pretty much have to fucking curbstomp a cpu to permanently fuck the pins up.

There is no defending that shit, its to make you buy new hw.

(You)
no more (You)s for you.
Captcha says Ahmad Nigger.

As long as all the pins are still attached you can just bend them straight again.

>CPUs are much more fragile, they're smaller and more exposed to damage

In what scenario, you fucktard? You take the CPU out of the box and you put it straight in the socket. It's then never removed ever again until you upgrade. If you're fucking stupid enough to be handling it more than that, I'm not surprised that you're also stupid enough to bend pins.

How the fuck can anybody even bend cpu pins?

usually while mounting coolers

I dropped my old Phenom CPU like that, and bent the pins back using a knife and the tip of a fancy mechanical pencil that had no lead in it. A few of the pins broke off from metal fatigue and were lost, but I was able to replace them by breaking some pins off of an old scrap CPU from the early 90s and just dropping its severed pins in the holes correlating to where the pins broke off my phenom.

I was shocked to find out that it actually worked and the computer booted up normally

I had to ship my pc to another city and my dumbass was so lazy to take processor out.At least i was smart enough to take gpu out.