xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?271063-SSD-Write-Endurance-25nm-Vs-34nm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_wage_in_China
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

kingdian, now go ask csg

>chinese anything
>trusted ever

KingDian SSD's are trusted

Kimtigo, Kimtiger etc. Trusted.

99.9999% of computer parts are made in China.

I personally have been using a KingDian for a while. It's fine.

Kimtigo and Tigo/King Tiger are the same company.

no, they don't contain low-level CIA firmware backdoor

>i buy chinese shit because they value my privacy
sure whatever, i bet you dont even vote

Yeah but you have a brand's name ensuring some level of QC
If you're going to buy shit off aliexpress you're basically crossing your fingers and hoping a chink who's looking to make a buck or two keeps his word

>china
>literally 1/7th of the world
>their quality control is apparently less valuable than some non-china countries
I think you should reevaluate the place you stand in user
>inb4 can't into chinese moonrunes
Well user if you're that dense, why do you visit /consumerism/ at all?

not that guy.
But dont act like unbranded/generic shit from china is the same quality as branded shit. Its not.
>But iz 1/7th of the world
wtf does that have to do with anything.

>a group of people banded under one name who want to make a name so they can grow even larger
Vs
>some random dude who's try to scrape a bit of cash by selling the same shit %80 the price of the original
I'm not saying that everyone is trying to rip people off but it's not too odd to think he might

China ssd using the same components like u guys seen on samsung pny sandisk ssd etc, they just buying parts from hynix sillicon marvell siphon etc and build it..same thing with chinkphone like xiaomi leeco or any chink brand..

>their quality control is apparently less valuable than some non-china countries
this is true though.

They contain the low-level Chinese firmware backdoor instead. Like Huawei IOT products.

Has anyone conducted long term testing and write endurance yet? Good silicon DOES NOT come from China traditionally.
I honestly wish you'd stop helping China take over the world so you cheap asses can save $1.

>I honestly wish you'd stop helping China take over the world so you cheap asses can save $1
call me when free worldwide shipping becomes a thing outside of china and i will

I'm still using an Intel 320 - works damn nicely for my OS drive.

This test thrashed it to hell - Intel rate the 40gb model at 5tb of writes.

Lasted for 650tb+

xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?271063-SSD-Write-Endurance-25nm-Vs-34nm

Doubt a KingDian will last 10tb

They must be making a decent profit as the shipping isn't free but carried by the vendor you purchased from.

You still shouldn't help our economic and social enemies. I worry about the future.

I use the Samsung 850pro's as they seem to last around 2pb so figured good for caching on a NAS or low-level server work.
I use Intel for servers generally. Never had an issue with them but plenty with other manufactures excluding Samsung.

well call me when $1 shipping becomes a thing outside of china then

Not true. Lots are made in Korea and Taiwan. As well as Germany, UK, USA and many other countries.

All of those are countries full of unskilled brown people. Same difference.

> social enemies
But they're about the closest thing in the world to the USA in a whole lot of ways, aren't they?
> death penalty
> lots of people imprisoned
> nine parties that are basically one vs two parties that are basically one
> predatory capitalism, near slavery wages
> government goes beyond the usual means to secure its companies trade deals
> huge military
> government spies on everyone without any restraints worth mentioning
> quite a lot of "special" regions with somewhat different laws
> voting rights revoked for quite a lot of people or never granted because of being born in the wrong place

> so you cheap asses can save $1
Usually it's more like 50-300% for the resellers.

Regardless you'll (indirectly) buy Chinese goods either way since the other markets ALSO are capitalist and they'll buy from China. Also, the Chinese still buy from us too, so really it's just trade and fine with me.

You are not wrong but standard of living and due process are a whole lot better in the US. I do like the Chinese style of death penalty though. Kneel, head down, bullet to the back of the head. Due process = 17 cents. In the US, death penalty = $10 million plus something like $50k a year to house them.

Hard not to anymore, but what made America great was it was a world manufacturing center and we've moved that elsewhere now. When shit hits the fan I wonder if China will be the superstar and we grovel at their feet so we could have $10 toasters.

Get back to your assembly line user

>China take over the world so you cheap asses can save $1.
>Instead go out of your way to help America keep their hegemonic control over the world.
>And pay twice as much for no other reason other than some CEO and a bunch of invest want to afford private planes.
>America apparently sucks at capitalism, compared to communist china.
>mfw

not true
search up "third shift product", they take the REJECTS from the company and use them in their parts

Should I get PNY, Netac or Kingdian?

PNY PHANTOM-1 240G $94.06
Netac N530S 240GB $75.99
Kingdian S280 240GB $77.99

Also, why the fuck are SSD prices so expensive?

>next week
>OP is back
>g-guys, how do I recovery my files from this shitty KingDian SSD

SSDs are simple:

Intel if you want excellence, regardless of cost.

Samsung if you want a good SSD at a good price.

There's no point in looking further.

1. Their advertised size and speed may be fake.
2. They can die very fast.
Don't trust anything without a 2 year warranty.

China sucks at capitalism. They're communist (like you said) and minimum wage for those who receive it is $1 a day.
Many have no electricity, no running water. Which is the better place to live now? China is only a powerhouse because people don't think with their heads and buy the cheapest shit they can, even though they'll have to do it again and again and again because products have no longevity. Shit, Chinese will sell you shoe polish and tell you its soya sauce or how about the fake baby formula? There industries are worse than Americans for greed too and that's saying a lot.

>minimum wage for those who receive it is $1 a day
Minimum wage is actually often better than in the USA.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_wage_in_China

Not better, but I'm sure much of China is more affordable but housing in Beijing is very expensive.

18.7¥ Chinese Yuan equals $2.74 US Dollar

You're a fucking retard that can't read.

Samsung or nothing

I've has a Kingston 128Gig SSD running my Mac Mini media server for a couple of years now.
Similarly, I have an Intel SSD in my NUC. It's been in use as a media server for at least 5 years, running Windows.
No sign of any deterioration in either drive.
I put a 160Gig Intel in my gf's NAS to keep it quiet; the Linux software liked to put the drive to sleep and then spin it up again after a while.
The Kingston was new when I bought it and the others were second-hand.

do you trust chinese people? if yes, go for it.

>China sucks at capitalism
>Murica cant compete, about how low chinese prices are
>Bitches and moans about it being unfair
>Murica is so much better, our minimum wage is 5 times higher.
>And so is the price of literally everything.
>Murica so free such good capitalism muh patriotism, id think the same thing is i were born anywhere else no really. fuck u china for being to build better shit at lower price

People just need to buy quality and assuming America can produce it, American products which will cost more but last longer.
It was this way until the 80's when it started to change.

>If only reagan was there, he'd stop all this because hes better than jesus.
But see capitalism isnt about producing good shit at a good price. Its about producing decent shit at low cost and selling it at the highest price possible.
>yeah no but people will buy gud shit at higher price if its gud
sure whatever history says otherwise

Because SATA SSDs are slowed by the SSD-to-SATA interface I've been playing with NGFF (M Key) M.2 SSDs in PCIe adapter cards.
Effectively a SSD straight into the PCIe slot.
The speed is amazing and the cost is around $150 for a 500Gig SSD - the card is around $5. No amount of money can get equivalent speed with spinning rust.

M2 SSD's do have great throughput, but way too many (virtually all) programs are actually bottlenecking on the software side of things. Your memory benchmarks are going to show how much faster an M2 SSD is, but when you actually load games and programs there is virtually NO difference.

Until developers fix this bottleneck, there is literally zero reason to buy an M2 SSD.

Furthermore, M2 SSD's are stupidly overpriced when they're basically a regular SSD with the housing removed and a different connector. No fucking way that warrants a 50% price hike. So at the end of the day with an M2 SSD you pay 150% of the price for a realistic 1-5% performance gain.

I also want to note: A HDD booting into windows may take 90 seconds. A SATA SSD might cut that to 20 seconds. An M2 SSD might cut it further to 10 or 15 seconds. Past a certain point, people simply aren't going to care about the speed increase for the cost. Halving your load time from 3 seconds to 1.5 seconds - sure it'd be nice, but not +$250 nice. This is something people should be aware of with overpriced M2's. Do you REALLY need that 5 seconds faster load for the price you're paying?

If we don't get some kind of non-volatile RAM memory shit in the future, M2. SSD's will probably be the big thing going (IF they start going for the same price as regular SATA SSD's). But right now they're a scam.

There are two business models that will survive almost any downturn.
The supermarket model, where margins are in the low single digits but turnover is several times a week.
The IBM model, where you spend a year grooming a customer to buy a mainframe with a 90% profit margin.
The business with a good product at a fair price hasn't got a chance.
This is not opinion; it is straight from the Dept of Trade.