That one retard that bought this unironically

>that one retard that bought this unironically

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/jodrell/unbound-block-hosts
friendlyarm.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=69&product_id=130
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is that the zero w? I get your point but I still want one even if I only use it once in a while, have anyone here tried the orange pi?

There's plenty of stuff you can do with a Pi, user. I'm using it as my personal home server.

>that one retard

>that one
>those thousands

>not buying 9

>le ebin appeal to the crowd

doesn't change the fact that raspi are inferior to literally any other board software and hardware wise.

>that one retard that bought this unironically

>ywn be this much of a faggot

Doing nothing, TIMES NINE. Amazing.

my point was tons of retards bought them unironically

you have 30 seconds to recommend a cheaper, smaller and better vision processing platform

>csi port allows for 90fps hw video capture
>optimized opencv builds
>good I/O options
>very cheap
>low power

>no response
thought so. Sup Forums is the epitome of consumerism and "stop using what I don't have a use for". just because you bought something that you didn't have an application for, doesn't mean it has 0 applications.

Yeah, feels bad.

My Pi works as a DNS server in my local network providing adblocking on all my devices.

Pretty good.

That's cool, but I'd rather have my resolver run on my systems directly.

github.com/jodrell/unbound-block-hosts

>literally requiring people to respond to your post within a minute
Fuck off.

I can't use adblockers or modified software on some of my devices, such as my Smart TV's or my kids consoles.

That's why i needed a dedicated DNS server.

>still no response
if you have a valid response, go ahead and post it.

For those you have to use an external resolver, yes. For other systems, which you also typically use much more for browsing, I'd rather protect the last mile and run a resolver on the system directly.

>install retropie
>Buy chink SNES controllers
>Play thousands of retro Nintendo, Sega, and Atari games on a TV

They're pretty cool desu.

I hear you, but i can't really be bothered looking after 12 machines and making sure they get updated regularly and have every custom domain added to every single machine.

I might eventually implement a proper DNS sinkhole on my debian server and have it serve up DHCP as well, until then it works well enough to not have to deal with Youtube ads and malicious websites.

The only shitty part about DNS Blacklisting is that you don't get the nice cosmetic rules you would get with a browser plugin, so you get iFrames that show "connection reset" in your browser where the ad would be.

Probably an Orange or Banana Pi.

I don't have a camera so I can't test the max fps I can get on the csi port of my OPi PCs but it fills all the other categories.

>csi port allows for 90fps hw video capture
With OpenCV I've found that 'dynamic range' (probably the wrong term, not a camerafag) is more important than resolution. As all images are usually converted to greyscale, some threshold is applied, and then you do your bounding box/blob detection or whatever.
I guess I'm asking are any of the CSI cameras not-shit compared to usb webcam offerings?

Currently using a number of rpi/bbbs for lots of projects:
- host for octoprint (3d printer)
- buttons for home automation stuff (lights on, movie mode, lock all doors, etc) via home assistant/MQTT
- robot stuff (ROS) - controls stepper drivers, reads sensors, runs ros core
- on my ebike and golf cart to monitor watts, speed via gps, count number of charge cycles
- flashing libreboot on memepads
- music player: rackmounted with buttons for preset streams/playlists and driving a lcd for mpd info

I get it, maintaining 12 systems in your free time is simply just too much, so the solution you're using is a fair alternative. But at least my own, personal systems I want to run my own resolvers on, and keeping them updated. However, I'm still young and not a dad or husband myself, but I reckon I'd rather spend my free time otherwise as well in your shoes.

I bought 10. I put in 3 in robots, use 2 to roll my own pwn plugs, use 2 for servers on my home network, 1 to control my 3d printers, and 2 I just fuck around with.

but kodi though

They're pretty good for undergrad engineering projects or other dumb bullshit. That's what I'm using mine for. They're pretty decent boards for embedded work that requires an enormous amount of computing power and/or memory.

BeagleBoard sounds pretty good. I think they're a bit more expensive though

>raspi are inferior to literally any other board software and hardware wise.

the 'better' boards are either far more expensive or are known for shit software/driver/whatever support

as always, cheap, good hardware, good support, pick two

I've implemented several for clients. They are reliable and good value. The problem is figuring out implementation, which is no problem when you're not a NEET no-life faggot.

Pic related. The only reasonably priced SBC that passes the RPi3 is an ODROID C2, which has no CSI port(and you really want a CSI port because USB has a nasty performance hit).

>With OpenCV I've found that 'dynamic range' (probably the wrong term, not a camerafag) is more important than resolution.
Depends on your application, really. When you're driving a 140 pound robot, even eliminating a tiny bit of latency helps immensely. The RPi Camera Module v2 has an IMX219 sensor with great dynamic range(comparable to a mid-end smartphone camera really). I've had no problems with it so far, but like I said, really depends on your application.

thanks user, I ordered one and will give it a go.
Is your 140lb robot most battery weight? That thing must be a beast.
I'm working with a delta bot for pick and place type work. So it can run waaaaaay faster than my current code - gotta upgrade to better servos to get rid of the 'bounce' when stopping. Using OpenCV with a Kinect to do contour detection, find the centerpoint, move the effector there, and then cycle the vacuum gripper.

Hey thats my DNS server who filters advertisement and tracking urls.

i was actually thinking of buing a microcomputer like this one for torrenting. usb 3.0/display port/gigabit ethernet are very welcome. which model would you ecommend Sup Forums?

You shouldn't get "connection reset" with Pi-hole IIRC, it should redirect blocked domains to its own lighttpd which serves blank pages for everything other than the admin interface.

they work well for me sempai

I might not but you sure are.

>Is your 140lb robot most battery weight?
I use 2 car batteries in parallel, so yeah, over half of it is batteries. You'll definitely feel the upgrade over a Kinect, trust me. I've worked with a Kinect as well and it's a day and night difference over the camera module.

AMD should do SBCs but do them right and stick it up Jewtel's poop chute dry yet again.

>cheap, good hardware
Fuck support. They run Linux for a reason.

omgomgomg

>mfw i spent less on my entire cluster than you did just on cables and it looks better while having much higher performance

>1.3M blocked domains
What list are you even using? I installed Pi-hole with default settings and I don't think I've ever seen an ad on any device after that.

mine isnt held together by rubberbands

What are you using these for?
And do they get too hot?

what software is that your running?

What purpose does the rubberband serve? What I mean is, how does that support work, doesn't it pull the support structures inward, is that desired? I don't know much about physical structure/architecture. Or is it to prevent something from hitting the top?

Is there a mini computer like that but with two ethernet ports? Doesn't have to be a raspberry.

Thats pihole

iktf
Orange Pi master race.

How do I choose between raspberry pis, orange pis and Odroids? I am interested in these and Arduinos, and I want to begin experimenting with these.

Firewall, IPS, email, DNS

Who gives a shit, they make good hardware, good support for it.

>raspi
plenty of support, weaker hardware, price varies but generally more expensive than the orangepi
>orangepi
cheaper, more powerful, no support whatsoever but if you're familiar with linux then that isn't an issue
>odroids
haven't had one so no opinion

>Who gives a shit
Half their userbase, which is why businesses should never get political.

anyone?

ordroids are more powerful than pi, arduino, and orange, but are about 2-3x the cost. Also, they run android natively, which the others do not.

for torrenting trying a cheaper ordroid for its gigabit ethernet.

if you dont have gigabit speeds, then go for a rasbpi

The rubberbands are just to help prevent boards moving down the rods seeing there is no fastening. Just increases the friction.

They're not really necessary.

I use it for home automation projects to teach my 8 year old syster how to both program and basic engineering. I don't use python though... I use idris and make a simple DSL for her to program in which ends up being close to lisp each time.

your microcomputer superstructure is composed of what appears to be glorified toothpicks and rubberbands

what does one do with a raspberry pi?
ive never seen one and the only thing ive ever built relating to tech is a PC which wasnt entirely done by me. what can i do with one of these things? im not very creative in case you havent noticed.

okay, thanks

orange pi is chinese garbage
wifi barely works
firmware is hot shit
2/10 wouldn't recommend

>not using pihole with dnscrypt
>not using pi as a VPN

at least that's what I do, so everything someone else does is objectively stupid.

I basically have it as a DNS backup (for when my main server goes down for reasons, both have pihole with dnscrypt installed) and VPN for accessing local internet when I need to open ports from an external location or something like that.

The orangepi pc2 has gbit ethernet and costs $10 less though

some guy is using one to send a tweet to comcast whenever his internet is slower than the speed he paid for

what about usb 3.0/3.1?

nothing, 3x 2.0 ports

pi sucks for torrenting since you cant run shit through VPN since it cant handle the processing power that requires so you'll be torrenting at like 1mbps or 2mbps regardless of your true speeds.

Also
>you dont have to use a VPN
Torrenting on your home network is fucking stupid and you're going to get burned for it eventually regardless of where you live.

Yeah, it cost $2 and looks nice.

>Torrenting on your home network is fucking stupid and you're going to get burned for it eventually regardless of where you live
But i've been seeding shit for like 4 years and nothing ever happened with both public and private torrents, data caps and "muh copyright" stupidity doesn't exist over here though.

well, that sucks a bit

I have no idea about the wifi but just flash Armbian on it and it is fine. Temps are manageable, the H3 is allegedly rated to run at up to 125C so the 60~70C full load averages you get when at the proper clocks are completely manageable. With a little bit of active cooling you can keep it down to 45~50C

i live in a country where nobody cares about my torrenting

Home automation and teaching kids, I use it for my plant watering system currently and plan to expand it to weather tracking. Currently it takes into account the reported weather, humidity and humidity patterns over the day, past patterns, heat, how well the plants are watered, the water left, &c... I use siphons which trigger another sensor to tell it if it's over watering (also to water multiple plants at once as the next are below the one watered directly) them and to drain water when it's raining.

This is a pet project my sister designed and I implemented with her as I wanted to teach her the fun of engineering... I just tend to over engineer things.

well usb 3.0 is pretty rare on SBCs for now, your only options could be the odroid xu4 with 2 usb 3.0 ports or the orange pi plus 2 with a SATA2 port, both cost around $60

I like my OrangePi Zero, it's cheap as fuck, only needs a generic 2A phone charger to work and it does the job fine.

>usb 3.0 is pretty rare
why though? do they expect people like me to plug my hard drives to usb 2.0?
sure, it's faster than my internet connection but moving hundreds of GiBs of data will be a real pain in the ass

>plant watering system
this shit is one of my dreams. Do you have resourcers on how to engineer that?

dunno
get the one with sata2 then, 300Mbps or so iirc

>powerpc
Why?

no idea, blame screenfetch

nah. sata would be an even bigger pain in the ass

>reasons_why_trump_won.jpg

>Currently it takes into account the reported weather, humidity and humidity patterns over the day, past patterns
I've considered doing something similar to this too, but I haven't thought of a real end goal for doing it.

Just get a few DHT11 sensors, relays, valves, tubes, a RPi, and write the code.

I used idris for mine as I wanted to play too but you can use what you're comfortable with.

Use siphons as a flushing system for when it takes on too much water and that's pretty much it desu. Not much more to it.

Oppai PC here, only ARMv7 board I own so I run google assistant on with 2 PS3 Eyes as microphones, runs a treat, great uptime
Arch Linux goes like a dream on it too, I do all my work on it through i3 via VNC and it works great

friendlyarm.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=69&product_id=130

mfw octacores SBCs for $35

In the end it's just a high tech toy where you can play with machine learning (statistics) and water systems. Can use it to teach kids which is what I'm doing with it or use it for multiple things as you can still connect over wifi to it. Maybe implement a web based interface so you can monitor your plants with pretty graphs or monitor over the net if you forward ssh for it.

>ARM

>half
laughing_girls.mp3

Okay at the time it was probably most of them, but I bet it's closer to half now.

You aint the brightest, are ya?

10% at most pal, leave your echo chamber. and maybe 5% anti. No one ever cared about GG at the time and no one does know.

Who are you trying to convince? It aint me.

this, tons of pre-built images out there, tailored to whatever size SD card you have, with roms/artwork already loaded. easiest way to build an emulation box with bluetooth/wifi/hdmi on the cheap