I need pictures of old Operating Systems and their UIs. Late 80s to early 2000s. The more obscure, the better...

I need pictures of old Operating Systems and their UIs. Late 80s to early 2000s. The more obscure, the better. I'll start off with what little I have.

Other urls found in this thread:

typewritten.org/Media/
toastytech.com/guis/index.html
sourceforge.net/projects/cdesktopenv/
guidebookgallery.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

shameless self-bump

I miss unsmoothed fonts

Disable Cleartype.

Win98 - Animu Edition

As often happens in technology, this was written from 86-89 and is still ahead of what's currently available in some ways.

It makes a lot of other fonts look like shit

Modify Sup Forums to be

/ge/ - employable Sup Forums
/gl/ luddite Sup Forums

screenshots or just anything

As obscure as it gets:
typewritten.org/Media/

You can find plenty of old screenshots here along with some awesome ranting about how IE is evil and Mozilla is the best.

>no NeXTSTEP

truly outrageous

A2 / Bluebottle (Native Oberon)

Here's GEM/3 in CGA mode, running on actual hardware from the time.

Is that the castrated version

Where did everything go so wrong?

Indeed. Thank you, Apple.

I was trying out OpenBSD in a virtual machine about 2 months ago, and was surprised to find they had KDE 3.5 as a desktop environment option...

P.S: I now know better than to run the GUI as root, but I'm still learning...

at any rate, one of the things I liked one time when I tried RedHat Linux 9, was the kpersonalizer in KDE 3, which lets your desktop look like anything you want. I was disappointed they didn't port it to KDE 4.

or KDE 5

At least trinity de is still a thing

I did enjoy CDE we had on some university SPARC workstations, but that doesn't seem easily available anywhere these days (easily, as in apt-get/pkg install/pkg_add the package)

sourceforge.net/projects/cdesktopenv/

it's very buggy, and has very limited support or development. if it had even half of the resources poured into MATE it could be something. I did try Q4OS, but my sound didn't work, and I get occasional freezes (though that start menu looks gorgeous, and the system is very lightweight and responsive).

I liked the Bluecurve theme in Red Hat and early Fedora.

Beos

my point exactly. there's no binaries. just source I have to compile. I'm not comfortable doing that yet (still a unix/linux n00b, even though I've tried it on and off in the past) and I only run make install for very small things.

This

also guidebookgallery.org/

Yeah. Figure I'll give it a try one of these days when I'm bored and have a little time to kill.

Wonder if it comes packaged with OpenIndiana or illumos.

what firefox skin you using?

>using windows 8.1 right now
>hmm cant see the scrollbar on firefox that well
>oh its not a firefox skin thing its a windows scrollbar
>you need to install 3rd pary software to change the colour of the scroll bar

also the start button sometimes doesn't work for no reason

that was very clever marketing at the time. it made the redhat/KDE and redhat/GNOME look exactly the same.

I think OpenIndiana went with GNOME for a while, and now they're using MATE

>Shows all the Windows taskbar themes and doesn't apply them

Fuckin tease

No skin, just heavily customized with Classic Theme Restorer, Classic Toolbar Buttons, Hide Caption Titlebar Plus and Omnibar. Imma be pissed if new Firefox breaks all the work I put into it.

jesus christ mate

Now there is only the systemd theme.

Just got this set up yesterday, I'm pretty satisfied with it. Can't get all the icons right, but oh well. Pretty enough for me.

That looks good actually

>version VERSION

I can't believe their internal build of IRIX for x86 hasn't leaked out onto the interwebz yet.

if i could get a visual style in windows 7 that emulates motif or nextstep or anything like that i'd cum instantly

/ge/ would be DOA

it's absolutely broken on OI even if you build it and you're better off just installing Solaris 10 outright which is superior anyway

there was also a version of mac os for x86 well before 10.4

nice one

>90's image programs
>baloons
>correll draw

maximum comfy feels triggered by ballons

>apple
>yellow folder icon
hmmm

Millenials collecting ObSkUre OS for their shitty vaporwave videos

Fuck you you'll never play towers of hanoi on a QNX live distro while listening to atari teenage riot

Enjoy your fakestalgia

I was born in 1990 and watched an .rmvb encode of the 4th Digimon film while doing my math homework on College Linux 2.1 in 2003. Sorry I'm not older, grandpa.

What has old software to do with luddites?
Also what have luddites to do with employable, have you checked the prices of old shit?

>stop appreciating old things
>fucking young people amirite

>on a QNX l

I'm really shitted off that QNX isn't more of a thing these days. Everything I read suggests it closes a lot of the complaints I have about modern OSs. But no, I'm not allowed to have nice things.

>Imma be pissed if new Firefox breaks all the work I put into it.
kek that's what happened to me when they pushed whatever version that had "compact mode"

couldn't bother remaking everything

i miss redhat 9. was my first linux at home, followed by fedora core 2. both comfy as fuck. better times.

jessus you made me nostalgia

This faggot gets it

Blit, 1981.

those icons were actually prettier than any of those in recent OSs

Listen here you little shit!

That was the good shit.I still want it back.

Not specifically an OS but a damn handy way to use DOS back in the day.

oh wow that brings back memories

this was the best graphic era of windows. it all went to shit with vista

now this made me nostalgia hard. good post.

why?

Yes but 7 was a beautiful OS.

How?

I loved DOS Shell

it totally beats the command line

this was the time windows actually looked great, windows 2000 was good.

Cool, how so user? How is this ahead and in what ways, please elaborate for my curious mind?

Best Korea OS