Windows Vista support until 2020

Vista is alive!

> Extend Windows Vista by installing Windows Server 2008 updates
ghacks.net/2017/06/24/windows-vista-server-2008-updates/

> Vista users may therefore download and install security patches for Windows Server 2008 to keep their system up to date.

Get Server 2008 updates with WSUS offline:
download.wsusoffline.net/

>tfw this means windows 7 will outlive RTM windows 10
>tfw no need to use currysoft winblows 10
>tfw pajeets BTFO with their botnet OS

enjoy (:

I'm still running 2008 server in a old machine. Works well, but kinda sucks the lack of updates.

regular 2008 or 2008 R2?

Server 2008 (Vista based) is supported until 2020.

Regular.

So there's have a problem with my updates. Windows update just stuck in loading.

Use WSUS offline

for fuck sake, just let it die already

Winblows Vista

I'll try.

How about just let users use whatever they like?

>Namefagging
Hi. Go to hell.

no
they need to use linux

...but why?

>piece of shit ready
isn't that version lacking when it comes to some basic functions?

>Femanon
>Winblows 7

JUST

No

Eh, no, they use whatever they want, not what you say.

Preference..? idk, I use 7, some use VIsta.

No

Win 7/Server 2008R2 (or variants based on 6.1 kernel) is your only hope these days to avoid the shit pile that is Win 8 on wards. I truly think MS is doomed least in OS dept if they keep on with the shit that is current OS design. They need to go back to the roots of Win 9x/2000 based imo. Less bloat, streamlined gui, no app store b.s. Remember the days when a win 9x install plus productive apps plus games combined used less than 8GB? (I'm talking about games you played constantly not install once then after playing you uninstalled it). Those were the good ol days.

8 is not shit if you get Classic Shell

Only the XP version
Unless you call minesweeper a basic function

t. underagefag

Windows always had the opinion of bloated. 8GB in those days was huge. "App store" is a thing because of macfags and iphonetards.

I only wish modern software had support for it. Too bad.

>implying they aren't backporting all of the botnet stuff in updates
Why are women so stupid?

This. Trust me they will soon support xp and 7 as well to push moar botnet and squeeze the last drop from every windows users.

Update or not. I just told that if you want to stay up to date on Vista it is possible.

Quoting straight from your OP:
>tfw pajeets BTFO with their botnet OS
You are the Pajeet here. You'll either stop updates and get WannaCry or update and take the Micropenis. Wonderful choices you have here, retard.

Winshitters never learn.

The info is appreciated, OP, but Vista is quite possibly the second-worst OS that MS has foisted upon us (the three-way race is with ME and 10).

Don't even try to compare Vista and 10 to Me. That was a steaming pile of shit that never worked for even basic functions. Vista wasn't even terrible. Just a bunch of people with crappy toasters complaining about requirements. 10 is only bad because botnet.

>shitting on Me
I was using it for a few years and had literally no problems with it

Vista was ass before the Service Pack, and tolerable afterwards. You know this.

No point of using Vista in a world that 7 exists.

>10 is only bad because botnet
And that it's UI is garbage (two control panels)

Agreed. But if you want to, well it's possible.

spooky

>tfw this means windows 7 will outlive RTM windows 10

Windows 10 users will be upgraded to the newest version for free. Windows 7 users won't.

>win10 is botnet
>theres literally no reason to upgrade to 8.1 from 7
>theres literally no reason to stay on vista
literally

8 is bad enough, and 10 got worse. Do you think Winblows 11 will be any better? By the time 7 won't be supported anymore (by developers) I'll probably be using Linex anyway.

Windows Me, XP 64 and Vista all suffered the same problem. Shit Drivers.

Me was made to run with both VxD and NT style WDM drivers. This was a massive mistake as mixing them caused many BSOD's. As long as you stuck to either only VxD or only WDM it was fine. Gimping DOS support was a real complaint at the time however.

Windows XP 64 bit was also regarded as shit. Why? Mostly because all the drivers were hastily ported and contained all sorts of 32bit assuming code causing strange bugs. Later in it's life things got better but it was too late as Vista was already out and XP64 faded into obscurity.

Windows Vista massively changed the way drivers worked. Once again Hardware manufactures where caught with their pants down and most drivers where FUBAR on release. By the time all the bugs in the OS where sorted out and stable drivers were released it was once again too late as the OS's reputation was completely down the toilet with no chance of coming back. It took a complete re-brand and re-release to recover.

Patched Vista == Windows 7 RTM.

If your shitty notebook doesn't have decent Windows 7-drivers than you're stuck at Windows Vista or XP. Windows Vista runs stable as fuck on my old notebook, which is only used for audio playback.

Uhm, 7 works with Vista drivers just fine..

Most (if not all) Vista drivers work on 7.

I've never seen Vista drivers that don't work on 7. I guess it could be explained if they came out exactly the same time as Vista.

When will the support for this version end?

12/10/2021

Not the drivers provided by Medion. It gave me tons of blue screens. I suppose the ZyDAS wifi driver is the biggest problem. The connection speed drops just before a blue screen comes. On Windows Vista everything works just fine.

I would assume not until three years after the next Win*POS is released

Windows 10 has memory compression, DirectX 12, UWP, task view / virtual desktops, a notification center, etc.

There are indeed many good things about Win10. Personally, they are all outweighed by the dumbed-down interface and ridiculous amount of telemetry.

>Windows 10 has memory compression
That's just swap memory, but with a higher CPU usage. There's a reason everyone tries to avoid swap and why nobody uses "memory compression": because it doesn't fucking work.
Plus, it's the main reason svchost.exe is always using 100 % of HDD when the damn thing should be idling. Enjoy your thrashed HDDs and SSDs.
>DirectX 12
Used by, what? 3 games?
Plus, DirectX must die.
>UWP
Which depend on the Store. It might be better than win32 and the horrid Registry (which isn't saying much when every OS since the 90s has better package management than fucking Windows); but they shit themselves in the foot with that retarded decision.
>task view / virtual desktops
Task view already existed as cascading windows all the way back in Vista. Virtual desktops are useless for the average user and it isn't as easy or intuitive to use as it is in UNIX desktop environments.
>a notification center
That barely works.

>memory compression
I have 32GB of RAM

>DirectX 12
Useless.

>UWP
Mobile phone -tier cr"apps"

>task view / virtual desktops
Absolutely useless. I havea 27in 1440p monitor. I have LTSB2016 in multiboot config with 7 and disabled the task view trash.

>a notification center
What notifications on a desktop?

there's probably more people still using XP than Vista

I think even at its peak Vista was less popular than XP. Right now? Definitely.

I want to puke

The only good thing about Vista was the UI, better than 7's imo.

>Summer Cancer

>windows
>vista

>100 % of HDD
you might be retarded

The only reason of why I can see why I'd use Vista if it's a shit computer that has a limit on the Memory (RAM) usage. I have an old laptop that is limited to 2GB of Memory only. But I'd just jump to LXDE-Distro- if shit fails.

except you can use 7 on 2gb memory and still play dark souls

Pretty much.

Tried with Win7, It became a overheating crock of shit that BSOD after 5 min.

I use LXLE Lanshop at work. Glorious distro.

kys

thats because your shit drivers, i can play dark souls 2 without any problems

Dark Souls is not a driver.

theres nothing more i can say about your post

>Replying to namefags

>Femanon

Being a fucking faggot doesn't make you a girl. Just kill yourself already.

Literally just above you it complains about replying to namefags. How can you not get the message?

So, it's almost unanimous from people that actually used Vista back-in-the-day that it was shit...the few use-cases that actually require it (muhdrivers) hate it too, and I can't remember a single customer from the shop I worked in back then who didn't ask us to roll them back or put Windows Server on theist macine. WHAT SAY YOU?

>almost unanimous from people that had XP-tier hardware and still tried to run Vista on it back-in-the-day that it was shit
ftfy

Never heard anyone with proper new hardware complain much about Vista

>machines with Vista pre-installed had no issues
Imagine that. But why are you blaming an OS release's issues on user hardware? Win7. Works just fine on XP hardware. pls stop

Can confirm this. Have laptop from XP release running Windows 7 perfectly fine.

HOLY SHIT MY DIGITS
AAAAAAAAAH

show me a configuration that runs fine with both XP and 7 but not with Vista